Re: Ecclestone reveals special 'Ferrari deal'
Date: December 24, 2008 07:55AM
Posted by: Stan
The Lopper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Luca should've kinda seen it coming though when he
> went whinging. As a rule of thumb, you should
> never complain to anyone about money when they're
> already giving you more than anyone else.

That’s the thing tho, what people are forgetting/ignoring is that he didn’t go asking for more money for Ferrari but to get more money for all teams as Fota president.

Date: December 24, 2008 06:59PM
Posted by: The Lopper
Stan Wrote:
> That’s the thing tho, what people are
> forgetting/ignoring is that he didn’t go asking
> for more money for Ferrari but to get more money
> for all teams as Fota president.

I realise this, and I know as FOTA president it's his duty to go asking, but if Bernie had this thing to come back at him with, would it not have been better to let one of the other constructors to represent FOTA in asking Bernie for more money? With the way it is now Bernie's able to blow off Luca's request as spoiled and petulent in the eyes of many who don't know the details properly, but if it were say, Frank Williams, then the press would concentrate more on the actual issue at hand rather than "Ferrari Favouritism" or however they want to label it.
Date: December 25, 2008 07:09AM
Posted by: Razorsedge
I think Luca is the BEST guy to send asking for more money...he already got 80 million more for Ferrari...for no good reason. That wins in my book.

Now, there is good reason for a redistribution of the revenue to all teams.
Who better to send than Luca?

Because if the teams do get re-distribution, it shouldn't affect Ferrari's 'historical Significance Bonus' which is obviously quite a separate deal to the Revenue distribution the negotiations are all about.

I agree with those who have commented that Bernie has distracted most, and lost this round.

I doubt he'll lose the 'war'...but you never know.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2008 07:11AM by Razorsedge.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy