Autodromo Internacional do Algarve - Portugal

Posted by Fincent 
Re: Autodromo Internacional do Algarve - Portugal
Date: April 12, 2009 08:49PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
been watching the Algarve A1GP races tonight. This track certainly is amazing, and with a definite character that many other modern tracks are missing.

Its got approval from all including Max, so lets hope they can strike a deal with Bernie, and get it on the calendar for 2010! It would also be a good excuse for getting rid of one of the Spanish GPs, as a country should not be allowed to have 2 races if it means others will miss out (as will no doubt happen with all the new races planned).

And besides, if they will allow one country to have two races, bring Imola back! ;)

X (@ed24f1)
Date: April 12, 2009 10:02PM
Posted by: Peat
Yeah, A1 looked spectacular there today. The elevation changes are nuts! Lovely circuit.

Date: April 13, 2009 03:13AM
Posted by: tozequio
You may call me nuts but I think the organisers (if they are really interested in bringing F1 races here) should propose Bernie for the Autódramo do Algarve to host the 1st European night race.

In Summer I think this could be absolutely amazing. The weather would be perfect (no rain during Summer and temperatures possible around 30ºC at night time) and the stands would certainly be fully packed, as there are thousands of tourists at that time in the Algarve region. Besides the race would be in european TV prime time, which is a thing I'm sure Bernie would appreciate.

Let's start a petition? ;)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2009 03:15AM by tozequio.
Date: April 13, 2009 11:50AM
Posted by: The Lopper
SchueyFan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It would also be a good excuse for getting rid of one of the Spanish
> GPs, as a country should not be allowed to have 2
> races if it means others will miss out (as will no
> doubt happen with all the new races planned).
>
> And besides, if they will allow one country to
> have two races, bring Imola back! ;)

It's Portugal...Although I would be quite happy to have the Algarve GP as an Iberian GP, cause we certainly wouldn't be missing much with either Catalunya or Valencia. :)
Date: April 13, 2009 05:52PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
yeah, i know - but my point was, if they want to please the fans in that region of Europe with two Spanish races, a Portuguese race would attract a lot of Spanish fans as well, which could allow them to remove either Barcelona or Valencia.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: April 14, 2009 06:33PM
Posted by: EC83
Great circuit by the look of it, pretty technically demanding, insane elevation changes! Looks more challenging to drive than the old Estoril was.

Would be great if this was introduced as a replacement for Barcelona at some point.

Date: April 17, 2009 08:39PM
Posted by: gin
Thats the problem, Herman Tilke ruined all F1 tracks that he touched, thats why they all look and feel the same :-/
Bernie needs to hire who ever designed this track!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy