Peugeot-Citroen For 2009 F1?

Posted by razgriz 
Re: Peugeot-Citroen For 2009 F1?
Date: December 16, 2008 02:56AM
Posted by: chet
Apparently the $1 covers it all. The only thing Honda want to be sure of is that the buyer is able to keep the going for the year. If only so that the employees could have a years work and if they think its going to go down then find another team.

I had hoped by now there would have been some official interest. Someone who would have come forward and said, all were getting are these rumours then the people in question confirming that they're not interested.

I cant imagine the team not finding a buyer. Though this a difficult time, it is the perfect time to enter F1. Alot of changes are coming and your going to be best prepared with a good team ( like Honda's team ) and good resources which there undoubtably is at Brackley. Brawn is not lying when he says its the perfect time, and he's not lying when he says the team is a bargin. In F1 you either make it big or lose it big! Honda has a team with the potential to make it big.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: December 16, 2008 08:10PM
Posted by: tripleM
you do know that it's a sales pitch and not a fair reflection on the state of events, right?

Date: December 16, 2008 08:54PM
Posted by: Gigi4
Well, maybe it will not happen this year, but it's a good idea for a fantasy team in GP4 :-P

Date: December 16, 2008 09:24PM
tripleM Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> you do know that it's a sales pitch and not a fair
> reflection on the state of events, right?

In your opinion that is. Why is it not a bargin?

Date: December 16, 2008 11:45PM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
If true ROCK ON!!!!!!! :)

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: December 16, 2008 11:46PM
Posted by: Nickv
I could just buy Honda for $1 and then sell it for $2. Then I can say I've been a Formula 1 teamboss and I've made a 100% profit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2008 11:53PM by Nickv.
Date: December 17, 2008 06:24PM
Jagdpanzer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If true ROCK ON!!!!!!! :)

It is not. They confirmed it a day or two back.

Nick - Would be a record or something :p. If it were actually $1 without the gaurantee of being able to keep it running then I would have beat you to it :p

Again, not much but a sort of ray of hope. If anyone buys it then it could be no-one better than Dave Ricards.

[www.f1technical.net]

Date: December 17, 2008 07:18PM
Posted by: Excalibur
PSA couldn't buy Honda because they have to face economical crisis, like many constructors. They don't sell cars today and a lot of workers are dismissed. They have no perspective in F1 because no money and it is not their priority today... I don't have much hope for Honda F1 in 2009....

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: December 17, 2008 07:24PM
Posted by: The Lopper
Yeah, but F1 is a great chance for advertising cars and getting sales going again, especially if costs are going to be limited.

I knew a guy who bought a Renault in the 90s cause of their dominance in F1, he reckoned they had to be good road cars.

Maaan, he was not a happy bunny....
Date: December 17, 2008 07:45PM
Posted by: Excalibur
You're right on that point. F1 is a showcase for constructors and countries but you can't invest money when you don't sell cars and that you can't invest into developement and research. A F1 championship is very expensive and by crisis time, they have other priorities. This is not just a seller crisis but a buyer crisis too... That's why I think Honda won't find a buyer and I fear for Toyota, also....

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2008 07:53PM by Excalibur.
Date: December 17, 2008 08:19PM
Posted by: The Lopper
You'd definitely have to fear for Toyota. They've invested billions to no avail. I reckon this is the make or break year.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy