Santander Jumps Ship

Posted by Monza972 
Santander Jumps Ship
Date: November 26, 2008 11:31PM
Posted by: Monza972
TO FERRARI!

Spanish sponsor Banco Santander will move its backing from McLaren to Ferrari after the 2009 Formula One season, the bank's boss Emilio Botin has confirmed.

"Santander will be with Ferrari in 2010, yes," he is quoted as saying by the Spanish newspaper Diario AS.

Botin also made clear his desire to reunite the Santander logo with the car driven by Fernando Alonso, after the former double world champion left McLaren at the end of last year.

"Alonso is the best driver in the world and we would like to work with him, but that's not something that depends only on us," he insisted.

Ferrari's current race drivers Felipe Massa and Kimi Raikkonen are both contracted to the Italian team for 2009 and 2010.

-------------------

Hm, do I see Alonso at the wheel of a SFM after 2009? I think so.
Re: Santander Jumps Ship
Date: November 26, 2008 11:46PM
Posted by: le_jaguar_2004
Not a fresh news...

Date: November 26, 2008 11:53PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
*yawn*. Let's move on.

Unless Santander know more than they're letting on.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: November 27, 2008 12:08AM
Posted by: Bruninho
yay! the little guinea pig will be screwed when KING FERNANDO arrives @ maranello!

Date: November 27, 2008 12:12AM
Posted by: Sapo
First let's see if Santander stays alive in the current financial climate ;)

Some say... he's even smaller than 20kb.
And some say... he's so offensive he could get you into trouble...
The only thing we know is that he's called...

THE SIG

Felipe Massa, World Champion 15:34:11pm- 15:34:21pm.
Date: November 27, 2008 01:12AM
Posted by: NunoEspadinha
LOL you don't even imagine how much money Santander has... it was the only bank having not having problems with this all thing... even Spain passed a bit on the side of the financial problems.. sometimes i wish i lived there..

-----------------------------
Virtual-Games.com: [www.virtual-games.com]
Virtual-Games.com Racing Team: [racing.virtual-games.com]

Date: November 27, 2008 01:25AM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
Great so we wont have to see Hamilton in more of their adverts which itv air so often..ok he's british and the champion, calm down...;)

Date: November 27, 2008 01:59AM
Posted by: Bruninho
I do think that its going to be Santander for Ferrari and Abbey for McLaren. both from the same financial group ;)

Date: November 27, 2008 03:05AM
Posted by: montoya6k
I really do prefer alonso for ferrari,although he made it clear last few seasons "he will never drive for ferrari" but now he have desire to drive for sfm,haha and also ferrari is a team who can survive in such worst scenarios like after 2005 season

2 Hot 2 Handle.

MS-

KR -

"You must always pick the worst car and the worst team on the grid, to be the best."
—Fangio
Date: November 28, 2008 12:46AM
DJSKYLINE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great so we wont have to see Hamilton in more of
> their adverts which itv air so often..ok he's
> british and the champion, calm down...;)

Yeh that will be a great venture for us :D

It will be Felipe, Kimi or Even Alonso
Date: November 29, 2008 12:46AM
Posted by: Shinnbob
Note 1: Just because Santander are with Ferrari doesnt mean Alonso will be joining anytime soon, but would be good if it did

Note 2: No bank is safe from the 'credit crunch' (i hate using that phrase). Am sorry but the amount of case studies i have had to do on current and historical banking no-one is safe unfortunately, sorry ;)

Date: November 29, 2008 01:30AM
Posted by: casabonka
Yeah just look at Citibank(citigroup) theyd be gone without the US gov'mnt. Apparenlty ING is in a bit of trouble (alonso's salary is clearly too high) :P

2013 - Nando must come through..
Date: November 29, 2008 01:51AM
Posted by: EC83
So Ferrari will probably be required to make another radical change in their livery, from the cherry red back to a brighter red(like we saw in 1997-2006) ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2008 01:53AM by EC83.
Date: November 29, 2008 03:36AM
Posted by: sasjag
agh not pink again :(

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: November 29, 2008 05:11AM
Posted by: Guimengo
When does Ferrari's Phillip Morris' deal run out? Santander will pay them for space in the car, not Ferrari
Date: November 29, 2008 12:14PM
Posted by: kimiraik
I think Ferrari have a deal with Philip Morris until 2014 but could be mistaken..
and no, Santander are not gonna have problems due to financial crisis or something...
Date: November 29, 2008 12:37PM
Posted by: vesuvius
This has only been written in Spanish Newspaper AS and they usually speak bullsh** when it comes to F1 ...Alonso has a deal with Renault 2009 and 2010 .Kimi and Felipe has deal with Ferrari until the end of the 2010 so at the earliest Alonso will drive Ferrari is 2011.
Date: November 29, 2008 02:09PM
I think Marlboro have their deal until 2011 and where they from there is in question. Although, I think Ferrari might just stay with Marlboro and get Santander as a major secondary sponsor (eg. Vodafone 2002-2006)

And Sim, I agree I love this darker crimsony red. Thats what makes the car looks so good!
Date: November 29, 2008 04:42PM
Posted by: Frantic
It would be better if Santander goes to Ferrari and Marlboro goes to McLaren ;) Just like 73-96!!! ;)

Date: November 29, 2008 07:31PM
Posted by: Nickv
They should bring the mid 90s red back :D
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy