With or without Bourdais?/Just in: Berger sells his share of Toro Rosso!

Posted by BAR#10 
Big chance it will be a Sebastien/an at least ;) They really do have something with that name ;) (Buemi, Loeb, Vettel, Bourdais).

Some say... he's even smaller than 20kb.
And some say... he's so offensive he could get you into trouble...
The only thing we know is that he's called...

THE SIG

Felipe Massa, World Champion 15:34:11pm- 15:34:21pm.
LS. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> EC83 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > In many ways, Berger's done all he needed to
> do.
> > Whatever happens with Toro Rosso now, he'll be
> > remembered for turning a garbage team into a
> > winning one, almost overnight.
>
>
> Wasnt it something more to do with the Adrian
> Newey designed chassis & the Ferrari engine ;)

Yep True, but Berger was instrumental in getting Toro Rosso that engine, which was the biggest single factor in catapulting them forwards during the season...

He was influential in Vettel joining the team too.

By the way, confirmation of the link with Rubens:
[en.f1-live.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2008 05:16PM by EC83.
Didnt Force India have the Ferrari engine too? dont remember them catapulting up the grid ;)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Force India would've had an older spec, I'd imagine.

LS. Wrote:
> Didnt Force India have the Ferrari engine too?
> dont remember them catapulting up the grid ;)

Given its in the back of a Jordan...yeah, it had a pretty massive effect actually.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Bourdais could use another year in F1. Most of the first year was acclimatisation to a new kind of single-seater after dominating in Champcars, which are heavier, turboed and have different rulesets to F1. He's been rather unlucky this season, but given his experience gained this season, would be worth keeping by Torro Rosso to lead the team forward. Bruno Senna could use a year testing IMO, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him in the second seat and Buemi testing for them.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

DaveEllis Wrote:
> LS. Wrote:
> -----
> > Didnt Force India have the Ferrari engine too?
> > dont remember them catapulting up the grid ;)
>
>
> Given its in the back of a Jordan...yeah, it had a
> pretty massive effect actually.

Nah not really, when they were spyker they scored 0 points, force india 0 points, average qualli position for Spyker was was 20/21th place, force india was 19/20th.

Hardly massive

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
LS. schreef:
> DaveEllis Wrote:
> -----
> > LS. Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Didnt Force India have the Ferrari engine too?
>
> > > dont remember them catapulting up the grid ;)
> >
> >
> > Given its in the back of a Jordan...yeah, it had
> a
> > pretty massive effect actually.
>
>
>
> Nah not really, when they were spyker they scored
> 0 points, force india 0 points, average qualli
> position for Spyker was was 20/21th place, force
> india was 19/20th.
>
> Hardly massive

Spyker scored 1 point in 2007 to be precise ;)
LS. Wrote:
> DaveEllis Wrote:
> -----
> > LS. Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Didnt Force India have the Ferrari engine too?
>
> > > dont remember them catapulting up the grid ;)
> >
> >
> > Given its in the back of a Jordan...yeah, it had
> a
> > pretty massive effect actually.
>
>
>
> Nah not really, when they were spyker they scored
> 0 points, force india 0 points, average qualli
> position for Spyker was was 20/21th place, force
> india was 19/20th.
>
> Hardly massive

A very poor and blinkered way of looking at it. Everyone in 2008 came along with a new car. Except for Force India, who had some tape and some plastic bits to attach to a 2004 chassis. And yet despite this, they challenged Honda, with there new car, rather than being completely last.

Everyone else made strides forward with the car. Force India didn't. The engine in the back of that car not only allowed a 4 year old car to keep in touch with the rest of the grid, it managed to get it off the back row of the grid. That, is a massive difference.

Points cannot measure performance when it comes to the lower end of the grid. I figured as a Williams fan, you of all people should know this.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
I seem to recall Sutil running as high as 4th at one point in Monaco, and Winkelhock could probably have won the Nurburgring race last year if a) his car had held out, b) there was no red flag, and c) it stayed wet!

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Winkelhock wouldn't have had a chance. Even though he had a 40 second lead, the Ferraris and the McLarens would have overtaken him. When the race restarted it was already drying up, which was only 20 minutes after Winkelhock had taken the lead. If the top teams hadn't caught him up by then, they certainly would've overtaken him in the dry.

Sutil only got in 4th because he overtook under yellow in a wet Monaco.

Summing up, FI have only had great results when they were lucky. They have improved, but they haven't done anything spectacular. They are just another backmarker. I do think that it's their big moment to improve next year, with the changing regulations.
Sato belongs in A1GP with the likes of Alex Yoong. Bourdais deserves the ride, but it isn't about who "deserves" it, at least not in F1...:(

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
WTF sato belong in A1GP!!!!

sato is very experience in f1, he deserve to drive for toro rosso more than bourdais and beumi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2008 04:19AM by SAMF1.
Sato beat Bourdais and Buemi's time in testing, it MIGHT NOT MEAN ANYTHING, but its a hell of start for someone who never drove in the STR3 before and havent driven an f1 car since Spain 2008.

I admit I wasnt a big fan of his until I saw him drive to 10th place in Brazil '06 beating 2 STR an RBF and 2 Midlands in a patched up Arrows A23 from '02 that wasnt suppose to beat anyone just brilliant.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2008 07:45PM by Ruckus.
Sato is one of my favourite drivers.

In the Super Aguri he put in some super drives.

I think he showed in the SA as well that he has lost a lot of the proneness to crashing out stupidly.

Ruckus Wrote:
> Sato beat Bourdais and Buemi's time in testing, it
> might not mean anything but its a hell of start
> for someone who never drove in the STR3 before and
> havent driven an f1 car since Spain 2008.

It means nothing to us outside of RB. They were using all sorts of combinations of tyres, aero and possibly KERS (haven't checked on that one), and even after that you get different track conditions, temperatures, dust levels, fuel, etc.

RB will know who did best and possibly other teams at the test, but few if any others, us included.
bump

Well, it looks that's it for Bourdais, doesn't it?
Since Buemi is all but confirmed, and STR approaching every possible experienced driver and now Jenson in spiel too, I just don't see him being there next year:(
All I hope is that he goes out in style and sets the fastest times in the forthcoming tests.
Funilly enough he said he actually wasn't a part of the shootout at the previous Toro Rosso test,but was only there as a refference. Which by itself wouldn't be bad, but given the circumstances sounds like it is.

/such a shame.

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
well here's the news from
test day two,I believe

1. Buemi Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1:18.073 128
2. Sato Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1:18.601 38
3. Bourdais Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1:18.673 81

found this on Autosport forums, dunno the source:

Bourdais stepped out of the car demoralised: ''I was still faster than Buemi in Barcelona. Nothing works (for me) here. The tyres are much too soft for this track. The reartyres are already worn out after one lap. At the end there was hardly any running surface left at the outer sides of the tyres. The rear end was extremely nervous. I've set the brake balance as much to the front as possible and still the reartyres locked up under braking. I can't drive like that. Apperantly it doesn't make any difference for Buemi. Or he has another set-up. Over one lap and over a long run I'm six tenths slower. That can't actually be true.''

Whether he's on to something or Buemi was just better, it don't look good as far as him staying.
I read somewhere though that he was looking for sponsors in U.S. (for F1 run) as money is the issue in STR

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2008 03:13PM by BAR#10.
lol @ bourdais, he's amazed by his own level of sh!tness ;)

[en-gb.facebook.com]
I just hope that they dont get Crashkuma Sato back. I hope that they will keep him out of F1. Having him in a 2004 BAR Honda was a waste of time for such a decent car.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy