With or without Bourdais?/Just in: Berger sells his share of Toro Rosso!

Posted by BAR#10 
They are in no rush, to make their lineup, are they?
Buemi almost confirmed. Why? What is so special about him?
[www.planet-f1.com]

Looking generally, Bourdais said it's the money issue when it comes to STR. With STR contacting Montoya(turned them down), and with Senna, Rubens, Sato in spiel and the fact 29-year old from Le Mans can't provide sponsors money it does not look good for him right now, IMO

Altough he deserves the seat , and 2009 regs would suit him.
Lots are saying that Vettel blew away Bourdais, but it wasn't at all a as bad as points show. Having to not only learn a new a craft, but unlearn the old one as well , coming from CCWS.

STR2b: Vettel 3 Bourdais 3 in qualy.
Then Bourdais had probs with STR3 which was oversteering in slow corners and understeering in fast one. And like he explained, he wasn't used to a situation where he couldn't fix diffiulties with car, but just having to deal with it, made some progress later on. Faster than Vettel in Spa, Japan.

If Senna gets the seat with Honda, Barichello is on the market, and they (Toro Rosso) do want an experienced driver. Apparently December test (15-17th) will give answers what happens next.

Here' a recent good detailed interview with the Frenchman
[www.formula1.com]

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2008 06:35PM by BAR#10.
I'm expecting Buemi and Sato to be in the car.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
vettel got the praise quite right to, but Bourdais had some bloody bad luck and on some tracks he out paced Vettel.

Vettel won in Italy but Bourdais on pace was with him, had it not been for the problem on the grid could have been a 1-2.

Spa he out paced Vettel, just the rain at the end cost him.

China as well he out paced Vettel just a stupid stewards rule cost him points.

I think he had a good year one to be proud of and does deserve to be in F1 next year.
Bourdais should be driving Renault it would be the most sensible decision. Alonso -Bourdais would be great combination.

Renault don't want Bourdais.

Buemi is as good as confirmed. He has a lot of support from Red Bull, naturally as he's part of their young driver programme.
I do agree with dave, I also think that will be the line up.
F1 Racing are guessing at Bourdais & Buemi

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
i was hoping sato will get the seat in 09, and I also agree on DaveEllis.... Buemi and Sato

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2008 04:42PM by SAMF1.
I would love to see Sato back but feel Bourdais deserves another year.

My choice, Sato and Bourdais, waht has the other Seb actually done to deserve this seat other than be a redbull racing young driver thingy??!

In GP2 he never once looked to be a driver of the future imo. In 2008 STR had perhaps one of the msot exciting lineups. Vettel an immense young talent adn Bourdais, a champcar superstar. In 09 they can keep that Sato and Bourdais, except rather than Sato being young, he's just awesome to watch and fantastically quick.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Buemi is 99% in, Dietricht Mateschitz or whatever said that "he will probably be driving next year". I just hope Sato doesn't miss out on the seat, he really matured as a driver with Super Aguri and deserves to return to F1 way too far much more (incorrect structure but I mean it ;)) than Bourdais.
Buemi and Senna if Honda fails to see Sennas big potential and talent.

Buemi and Bourdais if not.

I definately dont want to see Sato back. Had enough of him.

If Sato was that good, why is the only reason he was still in F1 because Honda were pressured into setting up a B team to keep the Japanese public happy?

He can be good, but he's not a driver particularly deserving of being in F1 other than being occasionally entertaining, but then it's so much easier to be flamboyant and impressive when there's no pressure on you for results. Just ask Frentzen... de la Rosa... Alesi... Verstappen... Fisichella... you get the idea. As a side note, I still rate all of them as better than Sato, 4 of them much more.

Sato has had so many chances now it's unreal. If F1 was about being even slightly fair, then Bourdais deserves a second one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2008 05:46PM by gav.
we are saying bourdias deserve a second chance ........but why ????

what have he done not to be the teams's automatic choice ??

did kubica had a better season than him in 2007 if we consider bmw.f107 was much better than str2-3 ??
[www.earthtimes.org]

The Toro Rosso Formula One team is now completely owned by the Red Bull drinks company after the Austrian firm confirmed Tuesday that it has bought out former F1 driver Gerhard Berger's 50-per-cent share in the team

Wow. Berger is out! Looks even worse for Bourdais as I've read that it was actually RBR' Helmut Marko who was an obstacle for Le Seb staying.

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2008 06:34PM by BAR#10.
What a strange move if Red Bull wants to sell his part of Toro Rosso to 2009...

I think two halfs are cheaper than one whole team, so RB might get some profit out of it.

As for the seats, I'd like to see Bourdais stay. He's been unlucky, I think he deserves a second chance.
I really hope BOurdais stays, with less bad luck he will be really fast next year. I like Sato yes, but why go with someone new when you can just keep a world class driver tried and tested driver for another year. If it comes down to money from sponsors then it will sad for Bourdais he deserves the seat (Monza last year he could have beaten Vettel in the wet if his car had not failed on the start)

Buemi is a promising driver, but still a bit inexperienced. Another season in GP2 before he graduates to F1 wouldn't be bad for him IMO.
If they have chosen Buemi they'll want a more experienced driver in the other car; Sato, or Rubens if Honda are daft enough to get rid of him.
Sato wouldn't be a good choice IMO. As said above, he's had more chances than some better drivers ever get and hasn't taken them. He had his big opportunity when he joined BAR in 2003, and screwed it up totally in the end.

LS. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> F1 Racing are guessing at Bourdais & Buemi

If that happens, there'll be three drivers in F1 called Sebastien ;)

Well, I find it quite interesting if there are three 'sebs' in F1.. Could've been 4 if Loeb was in.

I wonder how funny will be the jokes when the drivers are being called to the Drivers Briefing...

Race Director: "Calling all drivers... Fernando?"

FA: "Here!"

RD: "Sebastien?"

SB, SV, SB replying simultaneously: "Here!!!"

;)

Nah, seriously, they'll just call them by surnames. It's no big deal. When theres more than two in the same room, usually the second one is called by his surname.

I've always been called by my surname ("Castelló";) even though there was no other Brunos around - dunno why. Kinda like calling the spaniard veteran by "Alonso" instead of "Fernando".

Kimi is one of those rare guys in F1 that are called by their first name...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2008 08:38PM by Bruninho.
It's easier to mispronounce Kimi's last name than his first name :P.

I'd LOVE to see Rubinho drive the STR!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy