Legard, Brundle, Coulthard, jordan, kravitz for BBC - Official

Posted by marwood82 
[news.bbc.co.uk]

the rest as we thought, but they've kept the ted kravitz move quiet.
i thought louise had more chance of moving across than kravitz, but anyway, not a bad team hopefully

X (@ed24f1)
Yawm.... Louise got a new job long ago.
I quite like Kravitz actually, Reading his column on ITV-F1 was quite refreshing as he was one of the people there who wasn't seriously biased :) But overall I'm not really fussed who is commentating (as long as it ain't Allen) as long as the FIA get off their fat asses and finally drag F1 into the world of HD.

Wonder who'll take over the BTCC coverage though ;)

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2008 04:22PM by Ianwoollam.
Not a bad lineup. I'll believe it when I see Australian GP coverage though. ;-)

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

That's good, I quite like Kravitz, now i think about it. Anyone know Lee McKenzie? I haven't really heard of her before, apart from the odd mention on motorsport forums.

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
msater Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's good, I quite like Kravitz, now i think
> about it. Anyone know Lee McKenzie? I haven't
> really heard of her before, apart from the odd
> mention on motorsport forums.

She did some work for ITV motorsport, was about as good and relevent as Beverly Turner

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Wow, if I'd been the head of BBC, that's the exact team that I would have made. Very happy with this, maybe the BBC are thinking along my wavelength :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Ianwoollam Wrote:
> I quite like Kravitz actually, Reading his column
> on ITV-F1 was quite refreshing as he was one of
> the people there who wasn't seriously biased :)

He rather hilariously got told to STFU by DC, and in DC's ITV column no less, so I still think he's a bit of an airhead.

Still, there's worse places he could be than the pitlane. He could have been moved upstairs, like Allen....

I'm sure McKenzie will be fine. She's part of a family with motorsport in them, and has been around it herself for a few years now, so it's not just some dumb bint getting a job because she's got nipples for DC to tweak, though I'm sure some will come to that conclusion just because she's in an F1 paddock and missing a penis.
Eddie Jordan? Not so sure about that. As in not too keen.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Ianwoollam Wrote:
> I quite like Kravitz actually, Reading his column
> on ITV-F1 was quite refreshing as he was one of
> the people there who wasn't seriously biased :)
> But overall I'm not really fussed who is
> commentating (as long as it ain't Allen)

+1. I'm glad Kravitz is staying on. Along with Martin he was the guy I wanted to stay a part of the coverage. V happy now ;)

Eddie Jordan is a curious choice though

What about Clarkson ? ;)

le_jaguar_2004 Wrote:
> What about Clarkson ? ;)

Would've loved it. Just endless amount of criticism from him ;)

But yeah, this line up rules, not sure about Eddie though. I've always liked Kravitz as in he knew what he was doing. Not sure about Lee and that other 5 live dude. But DC and Martin are stay on YAY!
le_jaguar_2004 Wrote:
> What about Clarkson ? ;)

Clarkson did point out on Top Gear that he had been mentioned, and then demonstrated how horribly bad a choice he would have been ;)

Finally Legard, he is a superb commentator, fantastic news.

Does anyone have any recordings/clips of Legard commentating on F1? I really dont recognise the guy's name at all and would like to know what we're all in for :)

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
I'll reserve judgement on Eddie Jordan until I see Melbourne but the rest sounds good.

Fincent Wrote:
> Does anyone have any recordings/clips of Legard
> commentating on F1? I really dont recognise the
> guy's name at all and would like to know what
> we're all in for :)

Here you go :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2008 12:13AM by flat tyre.
he seems good :)
Cheers mate! Sounds promising and I think him and Brundle would go together really well. Nice one BBC but I'll reserve my full judgement till I hear it for real. Btw, I found this mock BBC intro which I think is brilliant. I hope the BBC are watching lol.

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy