Williams F1 Team Videos - Inside the Factory (FW31)

Posted by danm 
Williams F1 Team Videos - Inside the Factory (FW31)
Date: November 15, 2008 09:59PM
Posted by: danm
[uk.eurosport.yahoo.com]

Theres a series of them, but this one I found very interesting in the factory step by step process! :) Enjoy!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2008 10:12PM by danm.
interesting learning about kers, a question though - can a driver use it on his qualifying lap to gain a speed/time advantage down a straight?

[en-gb.facebook.com]
oo also, won't drvers be changing the wing specifications every time they enter a straight to get greater top speed but then quickly changing it to improve cornering skills?

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Re: Williams F1 Team Videos - Inside the Factory (FW31)
Date: November 16, 2008 12:11AM
Posted by: J i m
No... I think they're limited to altering the front wing to twice a lap or something. I imagine it is something that will easily be regulated via the standard ECU.
Date: November 16, 2008 12:31AM
Posted by: Muks_C
i would imagine the drivers can use the boost from KERS in qualifying, and also the wing change is only once a lap from what the guy in the video said.

it's a good series, i watched one a few months ago on the tv when they showed us the wind tunnel.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
They've been at the bedford autodrome this week too. I wondered what they were doing....... It was a corporate thing for Williams sponsors, and that was all filmed by eurosport. Infact I had to instruct Sam Michaels around in an XKR, he's mad...... Very competitive?! but a nice guy.

"Racing is LIFE. Anything before or after is just waiting"
Steve McQueen.
Date: November 16, 2008 03:54PM
Posted by: Red_Bull
Muks_C Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i would imagine the drivers can use the boost from
> KERS in qualifying, and also the wing change is
> only once a lap from what the guy in the video
> said.

Once a lap? So you set it at the end of a long straight to enhance your downforce through a corner, but the next time round it'll be all wrong?

Date: November 16, 2008 04:10PM
Posted by: Muks_C
well that's what the guy in the video said. it would make sense for it to be twice a lap, maybe it is but he was just giving a quick explanation of it.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2008 04:16PM by Muks_C.
Date: November 16, 2008 04:11PM
Posted by: J i m
I'm pretty sure it's twice a lap.
Date: November 16, 2008 06:26PM
Posted by: sasjag
i think he may mean you can adjust it once a lap, and revert it back to "default" once a lap

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy