The Official 2009 Australian GP Thread *spoilers*

Posted by BAR#10 
that could be very costly for Hamilton, because he will now lose the race win he would have had if the diffusers were deemed illegal.

this would go to Alonso now, Buemi 2nd!!

X (@ed24f1)
Allen on his blog:

The suggestion being voiced here is that the FIA considers this matter so serously that it is considering taking this matter to the World Motor Sport Council where further sanctions might be applied.

Seems some serious @#$%& discovered hurt the fan there.
Good to see Whitmarsh disputes the FIAs decision, whilst the McLaren press release basicly admits guilt.

But then again, Whitmarsh is the man who said they would protest (which they didn't do) and illegal pass by Trulli (despite the team telling Lewis to let him pass). So clearly the mans talking out his arse.

If this was Ferrari, arms would be flying everywhere and people would be crying murder. But because it's McLaren it'll all be neatly forgotten about, despite the blatant bullsh*t McLaren tried to pull.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Re: The Official 2009 Australian GP Thread *spoilers*
Date: April 02, 2009 02:35PM
Posted by: Sapo
SchueyFan schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> that could be very costly for Hamilton, because he
> will now lose the race win he would have had if
> the diffusers were deemed illegal.
>
> this would go to Alonso now, Buemi 2nd!!

Huh?

That must be something highly hypothetical?

Some say... he's even smaller than 20kb.
And some say... he's so offensive he could get you into trouble...
The only thing we know is that he's called...

THE SIG

Felipe Massa, World Champion 15:34:11pm- 15:34:21pm.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2009 02:36PM by Sapo.
I think he is talking about if the Diffusers are banned - which should not effect previous races anyway. But there seems to be a massive amount of confusion over that.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2009 02:37PM by DaveEllis.
Date: April 02, 2009 02:42PM
Posted by: marcl
Sounds just like one big @#$%& up with communication between Lewis and Mclaren.

He told them he passed Trulli but at the time failed to tell them Trulli had been off the road!

Only after Trulli passed him did he tell the team Trulli had been off the road.

Big cock up on Lewis side tbh. All Mclaren wanted was 3rd back and Trulli 4th which is what should have been done, or leave them as they were.

Had it all be heard properly on Sunday we would not have this now, the FIA should have investigated fully before giving Trulli that penalty.

And NO I am not saying Mclaren/Lewis are in the right here. But I think the FIA are making a bigger deal out of this now than is needed, I dont see why they need to take the matter further its done leave it move on.
Now, to acoomplish the party, all needed is Damon saying this was a travesty decision.
Date: April 02, 2009 02:50PM
Posted by: sasjag
whilst i cant argue the toss in favour of Lewis, as he/the team may well be at fault....but i really wish the FIA would stop @#$%& about with race results 4days after the race. How hard would it have been to take an extra hour before deciding the original punishement and avoiding this mess

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
DaveEllis Wrote:
> I think he is talking about if the Diffusers are
> banned - which should not effect previous races
> anyway. But there seems to be a massive amount of
> confusion over that.

correct. but as you say, no-one really knows if the past results would be changed. However, the teams are appealing the legality of the cars for Melbourne, so you would think, that if they win, the cars are therefore illegal, and would be potentially disqualified.

that definitely doesn't mean its the right thing to do, but i could certainly see it happening considering past decisions!

X (@ed24f1)
Date: April 02, 2009 02:55PM
Sasjag I fully agree with you. They should have got all the recording etc before giving out the penalty. The penalty they gave out had caused the mess really as I am sure Toyota know they should have finished 4th as Trulli went off, and thats all that needed to happen and all Mclaren seem to have wanted.

The FIA have implied Mclaren and Lewis lied.

We shall see later when its all online.

They listened to the RBR one telling Vettel to stay out in a broken car.

Wonder if Lewis will be racing this weekend as the FIA want to take it further. Remember they had a 2 year susspended ban I think, so if they feel mclaren have lied god knows what they can do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2009 03:00PM by marcl.
Hamilton radio transcript ->
[www.fia.com]

Hamilton Radio Audio ->
[dl.groovygecko.net]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2009 03:16PM by Rodrigo007.
Race;

Team: Lewis, you need to allow the Toyota through. Allow the Toyota through now.
LW: OK.
LW: He’s slowed right down in front of me.
Team: OK, Lewis. Stay ahead for the time being. Stay ahead. We will get back to you. We are
talking to Charlie.
LW: I let him past already.

MW declaration:

"Once that instruction was given to Lewis, he did not agree. He said: 'Look, the guy was off the circuit, I don't need to do this.' A discussion was occurring and before that discussion was finished, Trulli had re-passed. If we look at the speed traces at that time, and compare it to other periods behind the safety car, then Lewis did not do anything abnormal. And I think it is also quite clear that Trulli should not have re-passed."

holy @#$%& martin.
Date: April 02, 2009 03:07PM
Just read what was said after the race to race control. Lewis and the team did lie so they deserve what ever they get now.
OK now I'm thoroughly confused. Hamilton gets DSQ'd for him and his team lying or being economical with the truth to the stewards, and Trulli's penalty gets rescinded.

I hope they see sense with Vettel's one too before practice. :)

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: April 02, 2009 03:21PM
I can well see Brawn becoming the Merc factory team you know.

If the FIA take this further we could see Lewis and Mclaren banned for the year, they were asked a question and lied. In a court of law you do time for that.

Lewis has already said to the press the team told him to let Trulli pass so why tell the FIA after that they never, seems like mclaren may have asked him to change his story.

I am now sitting here thinking back to 2007 when Ron and Lewis said they had spoken to Alonso about things and he said they had not. Just make me wonder now if that whole year Alonso was the one telling the truth and Lewis and Ron lied.

Mclaren are a team I support but for me this has really made me think twice, I sort of feel robbed.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2009 03:25PM by marcl.
i doubt they will go that far tbh, a championship without McLaren wouldn't be good for revenue.

however, if it was to happen - look forward to seeing Lewis in a Force India ;)

X (@ed24f1)
Date: April 02, 2009 03:44PM
lewis would get the same ban, they both lied.
yes, i just realised that after i posted. the penalty would have to be equal for driver and team whatever it is.

it certainly is a serious offence though, the more i read about it. whatever the penalty, hopefully it is decided quickly

X (@ed24f1)
Date: April 02, 2009 03:57PM
As I said before had they done that in a court of law they would be locked up, simple but in this case they did not swear on anything.

Sponcers could well look at this and say they dont want to work with liars and Lewis could also lose his deals.

I really think its that serious, more so than the spy thing tbh.
Date: April 02, 2009 04:27PM
Posted by: chet
sasjag Wrote:
> whilst i cant argue the toss in favour of Lewis,
> as he/the team may well be at fault....but i
> really wish the FIA would stop @#$%& about with
> race results 4days after the race. How hard would
> it have been to take an extra hour before deciding
> the original punishement and avoiding this mess

Exactly my point!

We need to leave Aus knowing the result, and if something like this does happen, a penalty should be applied for the coming race. At all costs the results of a previous race should be official within 12hours of the race finishing.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy