The Official 2009 Australian GP Thread *spoilers*

Posted by BAR#10 
Re: The Official 2009 Australian GP Thread *spoilers*
Date: March 29, 2009 01:51PM
Posted by: gav
Here's some fuel for your fire. :P

According to the technical report, after FP1 all cars were checked to make sure the engine did not exceed 18,000rpm... except for cars 3, 4, 11 and 12. No cars were checked after this point.

I don't buy into the whole Ferrari International Assistance crap that some spout, but just thought I'd slip that in there. :P
Date: March 29, 2009 02:03PM
Posted by: Nickv
I thought it was pretty inventive of RedBull tbh. It was a SC period, so Vettel couldn't be overtaken and only 3 laps were left. I thought it was pretty smart!
It was inventive but pretty stupid as well, they could've caused even more accidents. Whole point of the SC was to clear the track and then you've got Vettel basically dragging more debris around.

It would have been, if it weren't illegal and potentially dangerous. If Vettel wanted to continue then fine, but one hopes for his sake the team didn't order him to do it anyway.

FERRARI CONSPIRACY!!! WE NEVER GOT TO THE MOON!!! KURT COBAIN WAS MURDERERERERERED! :o

Seriously though why would they skip just the Ferraris?

//Edit...Here's one for Mr B. Piquet's DNF was down to brake-failure. Apparently.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2009 02:42PM by The Lopper.
yes, quite a good race, looking forward to Malaysia! I think Toyota will be the Brawns biggest threats there.

so, here are the 'appeal pending' results...

1. Hamilton
2. Alonso
3. Buemi
4. Bourdais
5. Sutil
6. Heidfeld
7. Fisichella
8. Webber

that would be an incredible finishing order, especially for Buemi, Toro Rosso and Force India, not to mention Hamilton and Alonso - but let's hope it doesn't come to that!

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2009 03:06PM by SchueyFan.
I think i read somewhere that even if brawns are deemed illegal, they keep all their points upto the point they are deemed illegal, or did I just dream that?

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2009 03:16PM by rapid_f1.
Date: March 29, 2009 03:18PM
Posted by: Nickv
No, our commentator said it too. There is a possibility that that happens. I don't have a clue of how likely it is though.
No, that won't happen. Because there is no Ferrari gaining an advantage from that :)
Indeed, I think they will just close the loophole.
Date: March 29, 2009 03:22PM
Posted by: sasjag
If the appeal is upheld then they will be excluded. If the appeal is rejected then they will keep their points.

However, it is also likely that they will be deemed legal, but then the loophole closed and the teams given X amount of races to make changes before it becomes illegal.

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: March 29, 2009 03:51PM
Posted by: Lex
That'd be a shame, imo. Can't Ferrari and co. just accept that someone has developed a car better than theirs? *rolls eyes*

Um dois três quatro cinco seis sete oito nove dez
Eins zwei drei vier fünf sechs sieben acht neun zehn
One two three four five six seven eight nine ten
Один два три четыре пять шесть семь восемь девять десять
Date: March 29, 2009 04:30PM
Posted by: 97kirkc
Also this is far from the "7 united" story at the start of the weekend.

McLaren have said that they have something in the pipeline ready as do BMW and Force India. McLaren have also said that they will assist in the defence of the 3 teams during the hearing.

So really its Red Bull, Renault and Ferrari against everyone else, making them now the minority.

97kirkc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Also this is far from the "7 united" story at the
> start of the weekend.
>
> McLaren have said that they have something in the
> pipeline ready as do BMW and Force India. McLaren
> have also said that they will assist in the
> defence of the 3 teams during the hearing.
>
> So really its Red Bull, Renault and Ferrari
> against everyone else, making them now the
> minority.

I'd rather the other teams just copied them rather than make them illegal. Saying that even with a sizeable chunk of front wing flailing Barrichello was still very fast.

I also thought RBR telling Seb to stay out was inspired. He wasn't dropping to much debris by that stage, and they were under SC so hardly a major risk to other competitors. But my main concern is why was Vettel penalised for a 50/50 incident (lets hope we don't get into too much of that sort of thing this year) when Rubens put Kovalinen OUT of the race but escaped sanction?

Trulli demonstrated he's not the sharpest tool in the box.
Date: March 29, 2009 04:40PM
Posted by: 97kirkc
I dont think he helped himself too much be apologising for it, which makes it kind of easy to point the finger. It did look very 50/50 but as he's admitted fault that could count for something. I believe the fine was because he kept going out on track when he should have stopped.

If you just saw the onboard of Rubens at the start you could be forgiven to thinking he should have been guilty for that, but when you see it from Heidfelds/Webbers onboard Webber and Heidfeld actually collided along with Rubens, so even if Rubens wasnt there the accident would have been more or less the same.

Fantastic for Jenson, Rubens, and Brawn.

Just a small point about Mario Theisson saying kubica would have won,what a load of rubbish, there were 2 laps at the end of the crash lap, with kubica not even a second a lap faster than button who was over 3 seconds away, add to that that's just catching and not passing and he looks an idiot.

Best ever start to the season,i'm buzzing.

Rubens lived dangerously in the early stage, involved in the first corner accident and almost took Raikkonen out of it as well. Rightfully he is escaping sanctions, they were racing incidents and all minor, but all the same if Vettel copped one, there's a strong argument Rubens should too. Wonder if Red Bull will point that out...
Date: March 29, 2009 04:49PM
Posted by: gav
Nemesis78 Wrote:
> when Rubens put Kovalinen OUT of the race but escaped sanction?

Kovalainen was very much a willing party in putting himself out of the race, as he was pushing Rubens into Webber and Heidfeld. Rubens would have hit Webber anyway, but Heikki give him a good shove in that direction to make sure.

Sauber89 Wrote:
> Just a small point about Mario Theisson saying
> kubica would have won,what a load of rubbish,
> there were 2 laps at the end of the crash lap,
> with kubica not even a second a lap faster than
> button who was over 3 seconds away, add to that
> that's just catching and not passing and he looks
> an idiot.

There were 3 laps to go when they collided.

If the cars before him were anything to go by, then Jenson was about to start losing 3-6 seconds per lap, as Vettel had just started.

Kubica was very much in a race for the win - whether the Brawn would have eaten its tyres like every other car or not, we'll never know.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2009 04:53PM by gav.
Date: March 29, 2009 05:44PM
Posted by: Taamaar
Bernie take note F1A take note

MEDALS FORGET IT

i agree in 1 sense u want drivers to fight for places

but this is why it just doesn`t work atm

why

look at todays race

kubica fighting to get pass Vettal for 2nd place silver medal

Vettal fighting to keep his 2nd place silver medal

which results in a racing accident

both collide both go out of the race

what happens steward inquiry then what happens 1 gets punished

this medal system isn`t gonna work at all

drivers getting penalised for for fighting for places

so whats the point in wanting drivers to fight for the places when

in the end ur gonna penalise the drivers for making an error

if it was dilberate fine but that racing incident no way as it was 50/50

/rant off
dont know if its been posted but heres where trulli went off and hamilton passed

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Date: March 29, 2009 06:37PM
Posted by: Karan
Interesting video, thanks for posting :) Shame for Jarno though, getting bumped all the way down and out of the points.

There's Glock's off course excursion that I thought was Trulli's...what the hell was up with the Toyotas at the corner?? Having seen that Trulli has no excuses, although he still put one forward: Apparently Lewis "slowed dramatically" as if he was going to stop and Trulli sailed by.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy