The Official 2009 Australian GP Thread *spoilers*

Posted by BAR#10 
Re: The Official 2009 Australian GP Thread *spoilers*
Date: March 28, 2009 05:39PM
Posted by: jbnd05
I think Williams did this to make a point about the diffuser.
[www.autosport.com]

Williams recognises there could be more than one interperetation of the rules...

Hmm well that was pretty epic wasn't it :)

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: March 28, 2009 06:02PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
"Williams recognises there could be more than one interperetation of the rules..."

very coyly put :)
Date: March 28, 2009 06:30PM
Posted by: chet
Ferrari2007 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hmm well that was pretty epic wasn't it :)

Indeed well done.
Wasted FIA's and teams time but it was well worth it :p!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: March 28, 2009 09:03PM
Posted by: Muks_C
from all the cars, i think the Williams' look the least goofy of all of them with the new wings. i think it's because they're dark at the ends so merge in with the tyres from a front view. they all look silly but i think this is the best-looking. if only they could narrow them to even only being half covering the front tyres they'd look less ridiculous. completely inside the front wheels would be ideal though.

cars looked nice and active under braking and acceleration, hopefully we'll have good racing.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
really happy for brawn team. only un-reliability can stop them now.

i hope button can convert the pole to win and win the champhionship aswell. it just goes to show, as we all know, a driver is only as good as the car underneath him, aka ferrari and mclaren so far.

how honda must be sitting in japan and regretting leaving but they werent to know.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2009 09:27PM by rapid_f1.
Date: March 28, 2009 09:33PM
Posted by: lp77
First line of Brawn gp, great news for 'em,

but I hope they won't do like Ferrari and Schumacher in 2004!

Hopping to see Kubica on the podium.... and Bourdais in a better place.....

It's PhD time !
Brawn GP: simply epic
Red Bull: curious whether they'll manage to make the full distance
BMW: average, considering Kubica's fuel load and Heidfelds performance
Williams: promising, and I guess they won't get caught up so easily during the season
Toyota: no points for this one I'm afraid, but they'll strike back in Sepang
Ferrari: pretty bad, but I expect them to perform better on other types of circuits
Renault: such a shame to let Piquet keep the race seat. Quite a dissappointing pace in general
Toro Rosso: go Buemi! Nice performance in his first qualifying. But they'll struggle this year
McLaren: oh dear...
Force India: I just can't see them get even in the midfield, considering the level of the others

Bring back the racing
I wouldnt cut out Toyota so soon for this race, i can see them shooting up the order as they seem to have a good paced car on long runs (as long as they can minimise the tyre wear)

Bourdais and Piquet are already under pressure really...Maybe we'll see Taku Sato back yet...

I'm delighted for Williams. If Brawn win, great for them, but a podium position for Rosberg would make me even happier. You have to like the look of Kubica though, he could well get between Button and Barrichello. Of those two, I'd go for Barrichello for the win.

I'm still worried about these tyres. There could well be a big accident or two. Hopefully I'm wrong, although if everyone comes out safe then we're all good.
Date: March 29, 2009 12:25AM
Posted by: danm
im expecting to be many lost front wings at the start, piquet smashing into the back of someone and getting into a lot of trouble, blown tryes all over the place. it is going to be a cracker of a race, and I also agree, don't count toyota out.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: March 29, 2009 12:56AM
Posted by: danm
HAHAHAHAHA paddypower says it all LMFAO!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: March 29, 2009 01:00AM
Posted by: chet
LOL!

AHAHAHAHAHAH! BEST THING EVER!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Lol, I'm surprised they haven't opened bets for how many laps he'll last.

To be honest, I'm hardly surprised. It took him all of about 20 minutes to visit the gravel trap in first practice!

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

I hope you've sent that to Mr B. Dan! ;)
Date: March 29, 2009 01:38AM
Posted by: Red Sam
Its nice to know that, when all around us is changing, there is always Nelson Piquet showing a consistant performance

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Start simulation of the GP. By Renault advanced supercomputer.

Alonso's KERS to blow up by the first corner, Piquet out by lap 10, Button to win comfortably from Barrichello. Hope B's watching this thread. :)

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

;) that's hilarious. (EDIT: referring to the betting odds)

i think there could be a big pile-up in the front half of the field today. we haven't had one for a long time, and with an unusual grid and big front wings this could be the one.

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2009 10:33AM by SchueyFan.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy