The Official 2009 Australian GP Thread *spoilers*

Posted by BAR#10 
I was looking out for it after the commentators mentioned it and while they were visible from certain cameras, a lot of the time, especially onboards, it was hard to tell. If they are going to put the markings on the tyre they should make the lines thicker. Was it me or did the lines seem to be wearing off? This is just one of the tyre problems; there seem to huge problems with grip due to low temperatures in the evening, and the softs wear out far too quickly. Could make things a lottery yet :)
Fluorescent yellow please.

Actually it helps even less by the fact that like 5% of all guys, my colour vision is slightly skewed so that green looks pretty similar to black when things are dim so...
Williams are on fire!

Good coverage and what a topsy turvy grid. RBR was out straight away, BMW looks like not accomplishing their 2009 goal of fighting for the championship and the Scuderia is working as it should. Highlight for me though is BRAWN!!!!

Quick through both of the session, saw the times from the first session and then the main thing for FP2 and they were blasting out immense times. Jense is on it and so is Rubens. Anyone see that the all 6 cars that are being protested at are at the top? :p

Also, green sucks on tyres. I want the white back
Re: The Official 2009 Australian GP Thread *spoilers*
Date: March 27, 2009 05:22PM
Posted by: jbnd05
Williams are doing great, hopefully a return to the glory days, they definitely deserve it. BMW are a shock and the green lines suck.

Date: March 27, 2009 05:32PM
Posted by: SHEEPY
i couldnt see the green lines at all :( sucks being colour blind. but enjoying seeing so many teams up near the front and stuff. force india surpised me.
Don't think anyone could see the green lines to be honest. Didn't one of the BBC guys mention some FIA investigation into the tyre markings anyway?

Date: March 27, 2009 06:10PM
Posted by: Fincent
Don't forget that the first time they marked tyres to imdicate hard and soft we didn't have the white stripe, we had a small dot painted on the sidewall ;-) . People complained and it was changed for Malaysia. If enough people raise the issue again this season then I dont see why they wouldnt change it :) . Also, there needs to be some way of us knowing when someone is using KERS! I mean they've spent enough money on it so the least they can do is let us know about it lol.

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Green lines: Poor, could only see them in one shot when a williams was being rolled back into the garage.

KERS: BBC commentators were saying that people have asked for an indicator of which cars have KERS. But also intriguingly they may be able to show on screen when a driver is using the KERS button to gain a boost

Date: March 27, 2009 06:19PM
Posted by: SHEEPY
the commintators said there bosses were working with the FIA to find out when which cars used KERS
But don't we have the DANGER sign on the car already?
No we mean something to let us tv viewers know when a driver is actually using KERS. :)
Anyone notice the new FIA logo thing at the start of the practice coverage

I thought it was pretty cool, still can't beat the old 90s one though :)

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Something no one here has mentioned yet (since FP2
> anyway) that the 5Live commentators did; Those
> green stripes on the softs are completely useless.
> Depending on light I struggled to see them on the
> onboards and in all but a couple of the off car
> camera shots they were next to impossible to see
> at all.

+1

Time to copy ChampCar and have Green on the outside tyre wall? :)

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

turkey_machine Wrote:

> +1
>
> Time to copy ChampCar and have Green on the
> outside tyre wall? :)

i don't even think you'd need to go that far. just have it colour that people can actually see(white maybe).

green on black is not a great contrast.
Ferrari2007 Wrote:
> Anyone notice the new FIA logo thing at the start
> of the practice coverage
>
> I thought it was pretty cool, still can't beat the
> old 90s one though :)

Yup, loved it. Very powerful.
Date: March 27, 2009 07:35PM
Posted by: Nickv
Any links? :P The FOM have already removed the one on Youtube
Nickv Wrote:
> Any links? :P The FOM have already removed the one
> on Youtube

[news.bbc.co.uk]

But only for UK users. :(

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: March 27, 2009 07:42PM
Posted by: Nickv
I see.

You got to love the BBC site though:

Cannot play media.

A sentence accompanied by a picture of a spinning Piquet.

EDIT:

[]

This is it I guess? Better than the last one, still not even close to the 90s one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2009 07:45PM by Nickv.
Yup thats the one

Edit: Someone doing a Capture of this in HQ? I so want that as my message tone :D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2009 07:49PM by Monza972.
Date: March 27, 2009 08:01PM
Posted by: Psylark
Pleasing test results. Nice to see the cars that *shouldn't* be doing well, doing well! However...McLaren...oh dear...especially Lewis...but, there you go. This is going to be the closest season yet.

GPGSL Driver - Season 2, 22nd with IER, who came in 10th in constructors.

Season 3 - Driver 11 for Pheonix. 3 points, 20th in standings.

Season 4 - Test Driver for TSS, currently 1st in testing ranking, TSS also 1st in constructors.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy