eddie jordan stirring the pot ahead of title showdown

Posted by red 5 
eddie jordan stirring the pot ahead of title showdown
Date: October 27, 2008 05:00PM
Posted by: red 5
Good point from Eddie, but I think that if Hamilton did turn into Massa like that, then the stewards would surely do something about it - maybe even like what happened to Schumacher in Jerez 1997?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Re: eddie jordan stirring the pot ahead of title showdown
Date: October 27, 2008 05:15PM
Posted by: J i m
Eddie's shouting his mouth off for some publicity.

All that Hamilton needs to do is hold station behind the Ferraris. I think Mass a will lead a 1-2 for the Scuderia. But Hamilton is still safe as long as he doesn't drive like a moron and settles for 3rd to 5th.
J i m Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Eddie's shouting his mouth off for some
> publicity.
>
> All that Hamilton needs to do is hold station
> behind the Ferraris. I think Mass a will lead a
> 1-2 for the Scuderia. But Hamilton is still safe
> as long as he doesn't drive like a moron and
> settles for 3rd to 5th.

Problem is: F E R N A N D O A L O N S O starting from behind or ahead of him.

Date: October 27, 2008 05:58PM
Yes, but Fernando is not an idiot. He is not going to take Hamilton out, at least not deliberately.

The only thing we can expect is that if he is ahead he will try to hold him up. That's all.
Date: October 27, 2008 09:51PM
Posted by: gav
There'll be no shenanigans. There haven't been since.... well Jerez.

After the season we've had, there'd be complete outcry (genuine outcry, not the selective outcry we had after Spa) if someone did something naughty, be they red, chrome or other.

Accidents happen in high pressure situations (Hamilton nearly took out his main rival last year remember), but I doubt there'll be anything at all, let alone anything deliberate.

Hope Ferrari can come up with something funky to spice it up though. I don't mind who wins, but it'll be boring as hell if it's like China, with just a simple lights-to-flag win. I want some good, hard needle which makes them both think.
Even If Alonso Gets Involved in the Fight Lewis Can wave him on by and finish Fourth which still makes him World Champ (or he could just drive away from him as he has been faster then him all year)

I don't see anybody crashing on purpose i think they will be read the right act by the Stewards before the race

The Thunder from Downunder

Date: October 27, 2008 11:48PM
Posted by: jbnd05
J i m Wrote:
> Eddie's shouting his mouth off for some
> publicity.
>
> All that Hamilton needs to do is hold station
> behind the Ferraris. I think Mass a will lead a
> 1-2 for the Scuderia. But Hamilton is still safe
> as long as he doesn't drive like a moron and
> settles for 3rd to 5th.

Agreed. Eddie likes to make comments, when in fact its pretty unnecessary.

Date: October 28, 2008 09:24AM
Posted by: gin
Eddie J is great, from the same breed as Irvine, Villeneuve and Montoya :)
We will be hearing more from Eddie next season as he joins BBC!

i wouldn't be surprised if McLaren gave Kovalainen almost no fuel just to get on pole and at least control the ferraris for a few laps.

X (@ed24f1)
I can just see a Ferrari blowing its engine... :(.
hopefully its a ferrari customer engine, not the main team! at least an engine problem during the race wouldn't be as embarrasing as another pit lane problem

X (@ed24f1)
Date: October 28, 2008 06:01PM
gin Wrote:
> We will be hearing more from Eddie next season as
> he joins BBC!

And yet we are still to hear any kind of indication who will be on the coverage team from the BBC. Personally I'm going to wait until they launch their coverage team before I heed the various rumours and "exclusive revelations" that have been banded about.
maybe they can't announce their commentators until Martin Brundle's contract with ITV expires, this weekend i suppose.

X (@ed24f1)
Usual chit chat from Eddie, can't see why there would be any controversy in this race, rain will mix it up but still if its dry Massa will be up the front walking away with the win, and if not Massa will be in the wall seeing an early hello to the fans

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy