Posted by DaveEllis 
Re: Chinese GP *SPOILERS*
Date: October 19, 2008 11:08AM
Posted by: Nickv
Wow, that was boring.
Date: October 19, 2008 11:08AM
Posted by: marcl
Dull race but just what lewis needed really.

Silly massa it the press thing to say he was faster than kimi at that time. Why not just say what lewis has said when kony let him pass and say thanks.

! race left now but lewis can have a new engine I dont know what they are going on about, he is still allowed his free engine change.

Also if massa wins lewis needs 4th not 5th due to number of wins and count backs.
Date: October 19, 2008 11:13AM
Posted by: Rodrigo007
engine change is not permitted for last race even if you have a joker

btw great race from Lewis, dominating, hat-trick and all the stuff , 7 points now he just needs to use some conservatory strategy in Interlagos to win , i feel like Mclaren gonna approach like that, btw Ferrari seems pretty setted in direction of a wcc
Date: October 19, 2008 11:15AM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
Yeh boring race, man...ferrari were outpaced badly here. Hope they can improve for the final race.

marcl i think 5th is ok if massa wins as massa will get 10points and lewis 4points, which is 6points difference and currently he stands 7points infront.

Date: October 19, 2008 11:15AM
Posted by: sasjag
absolutely brilliants drive by Lewis, but i cant believe i got up for that borefest

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: October 19, 2008 11:18AM
Posted by: matt3454
If Massa finishes 1st where is the lowest Hamilton can finish and still win? 5th?

Date: October 19, 2008 11:18AM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
matt3454 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If Massa finishes 1st where is the lowest Hamilton
> can finish and still win? 5th?

yep

Date: October 19, 2008 11:32AM
Posted by: Monza972
Hamilton would have to finish in sixth otherwise its all over for ferrari. What a disaster for the final race. I really wanted Felipe to get the job done here today so he would've been able to clinch it in Brazil. I personally don't think that there is a chance for Ferrari to win the WDC this year. Its too far out of their reach. I guess they'll just settle for WCC this year. As much as it pains me to say it, Hamilton drove a blinder of a race, +16sec on Felipe at the end. Hope next year is a good year for us. Please ITV don't let there be a Hamilton fest for the build up for Interlagos

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2008 11:34AM by Monza972.
Date: October 19, 2008 11:32AM
Posted by: chet
sasjag Wrote:
> absolutely brilliants drive by Lewis, but i cant
> believe i got up for that borefest

Exactly same thoughts.

Best action was Alonso and Heikki at the start.

Another race where Alonso showed his worth. Its just such a shame he's not had a car to win throughout.

Rubens seemed to have good pace :)! He's been quick all weekend.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: October 19, 2008 11:48AM
Posted by: Taamaar
Great race for Hamilton and for the next race just take it easy for 5th or higher to win the WDC

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2008 11:54AM by Taamaar.
Date: October 19, 2008 12:13PM
Posted by: marcl
Bit silly that he can not use his free engine change for the last race, oh well.
Date: October 19, 2008 12:29PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
chet Wrote:
> sasjag Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > absolutely brilliants drive by Lewis, but i
> cant
> > believe i got up for that borefest
>
>
> Exactly same thoughts.
>
> Best action was Alonso and Heikki at the start.
>
> Another race where Alonso showed his worth. Its
> just such a shame he's not had a car to win
> throughout.
>
> Rubens seemed to have good pace :)! He's been
> quick all weekend.

Same, I nearly fell asleep towards the end of the race. One of the least eventful races of the last 5 years, but a dominant weekend by Hamilton. He's basically had the legs on the field since Friday practice, and it bodes well for Brazil too. Surprised Heikki had brake issues, you'd have thought it'd be Lewis having those kinds of problems.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: October 19, 2008 01:27PM
Posted by: LS.
good result for Lewis, keep a cool head for the next race and your WDC! :)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: October 19, 2008 03:46PM
Posted by: Muks_C
boring ass race. well done to Lewis though, kept his head.

and just for the record, did Alonso actually say he is going to help Massa if he could, or are they continuously misquoting the Spanish interview where Alonso said that if he were in Kimi's place, he would help Felipe (reacting to Kimi saying that Felipe has to go and do it himself)?

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: October 19, 2008 04:34PM
Posted by: jbnd05
No, Alonso did actually say that. I saw a little race buildup, and when asked about it, he pretty much said he'd like to but he wasn't in a position to do so.

Date: October 19, 2008 05:02PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
reasonably boring race, but at least there was some tension in the race because one slip-up could win or lose the championship

there was some good action behind the leaders as well.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: October 19, 2008 05:03PM
Posted by: gin
marcl Wrote:
> Bit silly that he can not use his free engine
> change for the last race, oh well.

I thought they do? They are not allowed to use the "joker" (rubbish name) card for a free engine but they can replace their engine with new one as it has lasted for 2 races as required.

Date: October 19, 2008 05:16PM
Posted by: gav
Muks_C Wrote:
> and just for the record, did Alonso actually say
> he is going to help Massa if he could, or are they
> continuously misquoting the Spanish interview
> where Alonso said that if he were in Kimi's place,
> he would help Felipe (reacting to Kimi saying that
> Felipe has to go and do it himself)?

I've not seen the interview (presumably it was in Spanish or something anyway), but I'm guessing he said it with a bit of a smirk on his face, and if so of course, that's lost the moment it's printed.
Date: October 19, 2008 05:53PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
i think it was the thursday official press conference, but not 100% sure

X (@ed24f1)
Date: October 19, 2008 05:58PM
Posted by: airefresco
Yeah he was kind of joking. He was asked about it in the press conference before the race too.

“First of all we need to have a competitive, hard car here in Shanghai and Brazil to be fighting with McLaren and Ferrari,” said Alonso, winner of the last two rounds in Singapore and Japan.

“If we do that and Felipe wins the race and I can be second or third I will be happy to help Felipe to take as many points as possible and this is the only approach."

"I don’t think that I will be a key part of the championship. Whatever driver wins will win because he won the last two races or did a better job than the other one, so that’s all,” he added. “You can take whatever you can from my comment but it is very simple.

"My best relationship for example is with Robert. I would like to see him winning the championship but I know this is quite difficult because I think the performance etc it will be difficult to recover 12 points. I will do my own race but after all, when you finish the race and see the results, you prefer some drivers to win or some teams to win compared to others.”

Asked to comment on Alonso’s apparent allegiance towards his title rivals, championship leader Hamilton said: “Honestly, I don’t have an opinion on it. I focus on my job and that’s the most important thing. I think we can be competitive this weekend and challenge for points and try to win. What the others do is none of my business.”

On todays race - Rubbish. The only thing that made the race entertaining was the fact that if Massa binned it, Lewis would be WDC. That´s it. Alonso did well though, and so did Nick. Everyone else, kind of average.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy