Bruno Senna to test for Honda

Posted by danm 
Re: Bruno Senna to test for Honda
Date: October 21, 2008 07:20PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Nelson Piquet (Soto Mayor) was a great driver who was amazing at developing cars. He had bathtubs to drive in his career, Nelsinho had an average car from the start. Nelson developed his Brabham into a world championship winning car, Nelsinho had his teammate do the work (though I understand he probably doesn't enjoy Alonso's driving style too much as the Renault is more suited to Alonso).

Back in Nelson Piquet's day it was not uncommon even for a top car to retire a few times in the season due to mechanical failures and Piquet suffered with his rides. For Nelson it was the car failing him, for Nelsinho it was him failing the team the vast majority of times.

I hope Bruno Senna has a great career, not only for him being a nice guy but because I believe it would be a tribute to Ayrton Senna - and a hero like Senna deserves anything to keep making his name and image long lasting. I also hope Nelsinho becomes a good driver, and I hope Giedo does well in GP2.
Date: October 21, 2008 08:12PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
Bruninho Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> when he rolls the dice, hes doing his own
> luck!!!!! whether its bad or good luck, its not
> the point, hes doing his luck in this very moment.

Ahem. Loaded dice. ;-)

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: October 21, 2008 09:27PM
Posted by: badger27
Good Luck is essentially a probability falling into your hands. Bad luck is when the probability of a scenario does not fall the way you want it to.

I believe it was Einstein that said there is still the probability of walking across a road and finding yourself on the same side. (In theory, it could happen)

Manufacturing luck is something which is not in your hands AT THIS PRESENT MOMENT. A flipping of a coin is meant to be 50/50, as it has two sides, and the outcome is a random event. This is not true. An event is never random, we only assume it is random because we are not in control of all the variables which were in place, at that specific time. In essence, manufacturing luck is possible if you have control of everything in the universe and every dimension within it. That is how we do it. Just haven't figured that bit out I guess... When I find out, i will let you know.

I have been able to rig coin tossing though. You just need to position the coin in the same place every time, flip it at the same power and catch it at the same point in the same style. I wouldn't call the fact I managed to get 22 heads in a row lucky, because I planned it.

Williams' Wonders: Jones, K.Rosberg, Piquet, Mansell, Prost, Senna, Hill, Villeneuve, .....?
Date: October 21, 2008 09:29PM
Posted by: Nickv
And because you planned it, you can't call it luck. Luck is something you can't plan.
Date: October 21, 2008 09:31PM
You could say you were lucky there was no sudden gust of wind that moved the coin just a tad bit while in the air and thus making you not get heads that 23rd time. As I said in the original post, there are things outside of our control and luck is having those going "our way".
Date: October 21, 2008 11:48PM
Posted by: The_Ozz_Man
at "Bruninho"

Mate you really Hate Ferrari lol

What Better Drive was open for Massa or RB when they signed With Ferrari

Tell me one better option that was open to them?

And What team has a Better History then Ferrari?

None Still going around the only i can think of that gets even close is Lotus

Lewis Has not won anything yet it ain't over till it's over mate, same could have been said about last year and Kimi won.

All the Stuff about Ferrari Cheating in every race is a bit much i am a life long Mclaren Fan and in the past Ferrari may have pulled a few fast ones but every race is taking the piss

About Nelson you could be right and would love to have another top driver in the Grid

But With Senna you are taking a big leap of faith there nobody has any idea of how good he will be in F1. He has not even tested in any F1 car so to say Lewis is "Screwed" is very premature, and a bit stupid as Senna will at best come in with Honda or STR both middle of the pack teams who don't often challenge Mclaren.

ROCK ON

The Thunder from Downunder

Date: October 22, 2008 01:23AM
McLaren had a better history than Ferrari. Ferrari didn't win much at all before 2000, while Williams and McLaren had their periods of absurd domination.
Date: October 22, 2008 01:25AM
Posted by: The_Ozz_Man
Thats recent History

I am Talking about being the Team at the Start of this 50's toll today thats a wealth of history

The Thunder from Downunder

Date: October 22, 2008 01:26PM
Posted by: J i m
And Ferrari was there before it actually became Ferrari, or at least Enzo used to run Alfa Romeros or some such Italian marque.
Date: October 24, 2008 11:08AM
Posted by: Stan
Bruninho Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Seven points lead, SuperLewis already won it, he
> just needs to finish the race in fifth place. Game
> over.

did you miss brazil 2007? how many points was SUPERlewis ahead of kimi then?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2008 11:10AM by Stan.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy