Who will get 4th in the constructors champ.

Posted by ROBITUSSIN JR. 
Who will get 4th in the constructors champ.
Date: October 05, 2008 07:05PM
Posted by: ROBITUSSIN JR.
Many people forget there is also a good battle between the litlle guys for 4th in the constructors. So who do you guy think will get it?

Renault : They have Alonso so that 's a great plus, but at the same tIme they have Piquet LOL. I think the car is just a tad slower than the toyota.

Toyota : Trulli and Glock are doing pretty good, however they have not scored too many points lately due to bad luck or whatever. I think they have the best chance to grab 4, unless they get more bad luck.

I think it's too late for the other teams to catch up, so who do you think out of these 2 will get that precious 4?
Re: Who will get 4th in the constructors champ.
Date: October 05, 2008 07:16PM
Posted by: Nickv
I really don't know. As you said, Renault have one very good and one very bad driver and Toyota have two driver who both do quite well.
I think for cars, Toyota will have the upper edge because their car seems to perform better in warmer conditions than the Renault does.

In total, I think Renault is going to be just ahead of Toyota in the end. Certainly not more than 10 points.
Date: October 05, 2008 10:50PM
Posted by: J i m
I think Renault will take it. They are currently 5 points ahead of Toyota, and from a developmental point of view the Renault seems to have come on strongly over the past few races. Plus as has been pointed out they have Alonso who is probably the most complete driver in F1, and he seems to be going from strength to strength again, the side is being let down somewhat by Piquet but I feel that Alonso has things under control.

The Toyota has been a solid car all season long, and both Trulli and Glock are likely points scorers still, but neither of them are a Alonso.

I think the battle for 6th could be just as intriguing. STR are 3 points ahead of RBR, Vettel certainly seems to be on a roll atm, but it would only take a good result for Webber to close the gap again. Both Bourdais and Coulthard are unlikely to score points unless circumstances help them.

Both teams should be safe from Williams, they did well at Singapore but that was probably due to a combination of circuit characteristics and circumstances, their car hasn't developed as well as the rest of the midfield.
Date: October 05, 2008 11:35PM
Posted by: Renault#1Fan
I think Renault too. I think they are more deserving, all the money they have and this is the best they can do other than 2005, sad!
Date: October 06, 2008 01:48AM
Well anything can happen in these last races even STR could take the spot. Also interesting is that it can rain on each of the next races and I have no idea which car between renault and toyota is better in the rain, Alonso is the better driver that's for sure.All in all these season is the most exiting in terms of the constructors championship in my opinion since 2005, I cant wait to see the end results.
Date: October 06, 2008 02:46AM
Posted by: EC83
I think Renault will get it, they have the skill and experience of Alonso driving the team forward and he's good in the wet; a lot of points have been lost this season because Alonso has taken gambles/tried too hard in races(Monaco/Canada are good examples). If he tries things like that but makes them stick in the remaining races, he could score a lot of points. Even Piquet is capable of a decent result when he's not n00bing things up.

Date: October 06, 2008 03:08AM
Renault up 4 to 1, how surprising, that's why I am a fan of Toyota I love underdogs :)
Date: October 06, 2008 03:49AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
i think Toyota - they have a more even driver line-up, and i think the last few races will suit them well

X (@ed24f1)
Date: October 06, 2008 10:03AM
Posted by: gav
Renault. Trulli's lost all of his pace these last few races, though Glock is coming on ever stronger. Glock or Alonso. Hmm....
Date: October 06, 2008 03:24PM
Posted by: vesuvius
I think and hope that Toyota will take it .
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy