So, are you satisfied with your TV F1 commentary? *Monza spoilers*

Posted by BAR#10 
Re: So, are you satisfied with your TV F1 commentary?
Date: September 14, 2008 04:58PM
Posted by: Nickv
Wow, I really hope you British get some decent commentary next year from the Beeb ;)
Date: September 14, 2008 05:00PM
Posted by: Jackal
I had an especially tough time today - what a great race, but our bloody idiots on RTL spoiled it really. Maybe I should really start watching F1 races with sound on "mute", but then there's just some info you don't get unless they tell you (like sector times and weather forecasts and so on).
Date: September 14, 2008 05:03PM
Posted by: gav
My mum had a good one today. During James's qualifying report:

Mum: Who's that?
Me: That's James Allen
Mum: Urgh, is that his face?!

:D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2008 05:13PM by gav.
Date: September 14, 2008 05:10PM
Posted by: Monza972
Haha Gav.

I think our commentary has gotten better for my liking. James Allen has stopped having his usual orgasms over Lewis so we're better off, I think :p. Glad to see ITV finally focusing on Sebastien Vettel, even then they put a little of LH in there.

edit to remove spoiler.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2008 12:35AM by mortal.
lol, congrats on @#$%& up teh spoilers monza!

i taped the race as i was at LMS, but when i was watching it i couldnt stop fantasizing about Brundle pulling a gun on James Allen and us hearing him begging for mercy, followed by a bang, then everyone carries on as normal.

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Don't visit bloody f1 forums if you dont want to risk it. durrrrrr

matt3454 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Don't visit bloody f1 forums if you dont want to
> risk it. durrrrrr

We have spoiler rules for a reason, and have done for years. "durrrrrr"

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
i've seen the race, so it doesnt affect me. but it is kinda good policy/social skills to wait until at least 24hrs after the race

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Thought the highlights video at the end of the ITV coverage focused a bit too much on a certain driver and not the real star of the race.

I'd actually give ITV credit for airing the views of drivers who said Hamilton was wrong about the Spa penalty, I wouldn't have put it past them to just bleet on about it being unfair.
In all fairness what was there to show about Vettel?
He started from pole and lead to finish. He didnt have to do much else.

There were really on two drivers who looked to win this race, Lewis and Vettel, sadly the much expected rain did not happen and probably cost Lewis a fight for victory. That is based on the assumption he was 1 stopping which I thought he was. So had the rain fell he would not have needed to make the extra stop to pit for tyres.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
What do mean sadly!? ;) I'm very pleased that Felipe and Lewis finshed where they ended up. Vettel's win and Lewis's fight through the field made the race a classic.
matt3454 Wrote:
> Don't visit bloody f1 forums if you dont want to
> risk it. durrrrrr

yes, i agree. its not worth the risk of finding out.

X (@ed24f1)
sasjag Wrote:
> lol, congrats on @#$%& up teh spoilers monza!

Whoops! :(
mikef1 Wrote:
> What do mean sadly!? ;) I'm very pleased that
> Felipe and Lewis finshed where they ended up.
> Vettel's win and Lewis's fight through the field
> made the race a classic.

True, but in all honesty if it had continued to rain I thought the race was Lewis's and after the overtaking he pulled off I thought he deserved it. It was a day when both Ferraris and Heikki under-performed and out of the top teams it was only Lewis to have speed to win, and really only him and Vettel. Then again looking at Seb B's laptimes I only wish the car or he hadnt stalled!

DaveEllis Wrote:
> matt3454 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Don't visit bloody f1 forums if you dont want
> to
> > risk it. durrrrrr
>
>
> We have spoiler rules for a reason, and have done
> for years. "durrrrrr"

;)

yes it was nauseating at times, especially Steve Rider. it's as if everyone who is watching the ITV coverage is rooting for Lewis to win. this is understandable as the UK is ITV's main audience, but not everyone on the UK who watches F1 wants Lewis to win. something needs to be done about the whole approach they take, and more impartiality is needed. (let's hope the BBC are more impartial).

and Blundell and Rider both got confused about the Spa passing issue. some drivers suggested that Lewis should have waited at least 1 corner before trying to pass Kimi after he cut the chicane, and that this should possibly be written into the rules so it clearly says in black and white that if you cut, you must wait at least 1 corner before you re-attempt a pass. Rider then asked Blundell if he was aware of this rule and Blundell duly answered that he was not. massive misunderstanding from both of them, it was a suggestion, not something that was currently in place.

and Blundell was quite contradictory during the coverage of whether LewHam should have been punished or not. one minute he was saying it was harsh and uncalled for, the next he was saying Lewis had a case to answer and the punishment was correct. i don't think there's much going on in his head, he just follows whatever Steve says and mostly agrees with it, it's cringeworthy watching him.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2008 10:08PM by Muks_C.
Blundell's always been a bit of an airhead, but when he was a driver, he was infinitely more enjoyable to listen to. I don't mean he was worth listening to, just that his comments now are entirely worthless. They hold no value whatsoever. Nothing is added to the coverage by having Blundell there. Not saying what he says is often wrong, just that there's nothing remotely interesting, controversial or cutting that comes out of his mouth. He's a puppet. Or muppet. One of the 2 anyway.

I don't care that he can't speak English, personally. I'm a Geordie after all. Geordie isn't even an accent. So long as I understand what he's saying (if I cared), then I wouldn't be bothered.
Blundel can't possibly answer ANY of the questions with a meaningful answer though.

"How important is it to be on pole?" There is no other answer than the obvious one for that. Its stupid. "How important is it to setup the car correct?" etc. Its garbage.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Though isnt that because the questions asked are just silly also?
I agree he adds ntohing to show, but it doesnt help when Steve Ryder asks things like that.

that's the point Dave is making, Chet.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy