Hockenheim Grand Prix Vader-Land ***SPOILERS***

Posted by Fincent 
could you elaborate a bit more please for those who didn't see that part of the ITV feed?

X (@ed24f1)
Basically kravitz kept persisting, when stefano had clearly brought the interview to a close. It appeared he was trying to get a critism of kimi, and was quite rude.

As for the race should be a good one, interesting grid, decent overtaking track, hopefully a crazy wet race and a different winner.

"Even Alonso was crap like that in his first year" pftttttt if you don't have a decent response don't make something up.

Sauber89 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Basically kravitz kept persisting, when stefano
> had clearly brought the interview to a close. It
> appeared he was trying to get a critism of kimi,
> and was quite rude.

trying to endear himself to the BBC i suppose. ;)

X (@ed24f1)
Re: Hockenheim Grand Prix Vader-Land ***SPOILERS***
Date: July 19, 2008 10:13PM
Posted by: Nickv
Bruninho schreef:
> The spaniard is a two times world champion. Piquet
> is a rookie in his first year. Your comparison is
> just bullshit.

Hamilton drove alongside the same two times world champion last year and he was a match for Alonso, no matter if setups were copied. You find Hamilton crap, he lucked into everything blabla, yet you find Piquet, who is being crushed by the same Alonso an awesome driver, championship material etc etc.

I simply cannot understand how you can still think you're right.
Date: July 19, 2008 10:25PM
Posted by: marcl
Good lap from Lewis to get pole and overall a good session.

Kimi's car looks bad he is doing all he can.

Yet again the FIA not being consistant, vettel should have got a penalty like Kovy did in France but there you go nothing.

I think Lewis will win the race with Kovy 2nd just depends on the weather and tyre wear.

I drove passed the track on Thursday wish I was going to the race.
Date: July 19, 2008 10:47PM
Posted by: gav
Nickv Wrote:
> Bruninho schreef:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The spaniard is a two times world champion.
> Piquet
> > is a rookie in his first year. Your comparison
> is
> > just bullshit.
>
>
> Hamilton drove alongside the same two times world
> champion last year and he was a match for Alonso,
> no matter if setups were copied. You find Hamilton
> crap, he lucked into everything blabla, yet you
> find Piquet, who is being crushed by the same
> Alonso an awesome driver, championship material
> etc etc.
>
> I simply cannot understand how you can still think
> you're right.

No, no. Hamilton last year had a great car. Piquet is struggling in comparison because the car is "@#$%&"...

We'll ignore the fact that many thought the reason Hamilton did so well against Alonso last season was because Alonso was having to learn something new, while Hamilton didn't know any differently. As soon as the opposite applies though, it's to the detriment of the newcomer. Logic and consistency goes out of the window with him. He redefines the term fanboy.

Piquet is getting better - of that there is no doubt. But the facts remain. He's got 2 points. Alonso has 13, and it's not as though Alonso isn't making errors either. Alonso's got a 100% qualification record against him and the average difference between the 2 must be something like 8 positions or something. Piquet's early season was blighted by horrible, horrible errors of judgement. That he's still got a seat at all is testament to Renault, who could so easily have dumped him through sheer incompetence.
I thought Nelsinho managed to beat Alonso once in quali? I didn't see the qualifying session yet but I shall very soon, it sucks to be held up the only time you manage not to screw up eh? But I still hope Nelsinho keeps improving for the good of F1 - having a decent grid of qualified drivers.
Date: July 20, 2008 11:20AM
He's beaten him in the knock-out rounds, but he's never started higher on the grid than him.
With drivers like Bourdais possibly searching for a seat, Piquet could find himself unemployed very quickly

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: July 20, 2008 11:46AM
The average position difference between them is 7.7 (including Hockenheim), and strangely (and unfairly), if you take away his excellent Silverstone effort, his qualifying performances are worse now than at the start of the season.

Start position difference:
Melbourne: 9
Sepang: 6*
Sakhir: 4
Barcelona: 8
Istanbul: 10
Monaco: 10
Montreal: 11
Magny-Cours: 6**
Silverstone: 1
Hockenheim: 12

* 2 penalised McLaren's them
** Kovalainen qualified between them, but was penalised

It's slightly unfair to make judgement on qualifying. His race results are now much improved, and I think Alonso's pace in some sessions this season has been mesmerising. That he's been outqualified 10 times out of 10 isn't much of a problem in itself - it's the massive difference between the 2 which is worrying from his point of view.
DaveEllis Wrote:
> With drivers like Bourdais possibly searching for
> a seat, Piquet could find himself unemployed very
> quickly

bourdais has done just as well as Piquet tbh, and hopefully will @#$%& off and become a wine maker.

Looks like to be the most boring race in many many years.

WELL FINALLY something happends...safety car! :) but I hope Glock is ok .

well it spoiled Kimi's race so not very good...but will Lewis still win it...will see.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2008 03:01PM by vesuvius.
WTF are Mclaren doing??? How have they managed to screw this race up so badly...

Um.

16 to go. Heidfeld is to pit again. Piquet doesn't. Lewis has to pass Massa and Piquet to win. Piquet could win this through sheer luck of the safety car.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
haha good one TEAM ORDER FROM McLsren, against the rules tsottsot McLaren they would deserve the penalty.
OK, Bruninho must be loving this... how the F**K is Piquet leading this? He could win it, if Hamilton plays nice! ;)

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

turkey_machine Wrote:
> OK, Bruninho must be loving this... how the F**K
> is Piquet leading this? He could win it, if
> Hamilton plays nice! ;)

Lewis is too busy being epic to play nice.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Lewis will win.
Date: July 20, 2008 03:27PM
Posted by: MarcA
@#$%& hell James Allen has been such an irritating tw@t today, more so that usual.

Now THAT was an epic drive.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy