> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Fast or not, he is so old he wont stay for
> long..
> > ;)
>
>
> He's 24...

Compare to Hamilton, Rosberg, Vettel,.. And they all have already proved their skills.

And if comparing to many others who are trying to enter F1 in close future like also he is trying he is about 5 years older. Atleast without his name teams would already start to think seriously about forgetting this driver..

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Re: Bruno Senna to Toro Rosso?
Date: July 19, 2008 05:18PM
Posted by: Bruninho
IWE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bruninho Wrote:
> -----
> > IWE Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Fast or not, he is so old he wont stay for
> > long..
> > > ;)
> >
> >
> > He's 24...
>
>
> Compare to Hamilton, Rosberg, Vettel,.. And they
> all have already proved their skills.
>
> And if comparing to many others who are trying to
> enter F1 in close future like also he is trying he
> is about 5 years older. Atleast without his name
> teams would already start to think seriously about
> forgetting this driver..

You didnt followed his career did you? No, so you can't say it for sure

You keep forgetting that his family did not allowed him to race for 10 years since his uncle died, and to be at that level without 10 years racing in lower formulas, you can't be crap. He's definitely F1 material.

Correct me if I am wrong, but Kimi went to F1 with just a pair of Formula Renault drives. And he became F1 World Champion.

Date: July 19, 2008 07:28PM
Posted by: IWE
If Im not wrong he have been racing in lower Formulas since some years and havent reached any titles?

2002: Karting
2003: Karting
2004: British Formula BMW: 21.
2005: British Formula 3: 10.
2006: British formula 3: 3.
2006: Formula 3 Euro: 7.
2007: GP2: 8.
2008: GP2

Kimi started in Formulas in 99 and after winning over ½ of his all races he was already testing F1 car in end of 2000. 2001 He was already racing in F1! So if I can ask, do you seriously think that Sennas career have been somehow so special till now?

Kimi was lucky bastard to get into best Formula Renault team. Even more lucky he was to get straight into F1 from there after 1 year. And luckiest thing ever was beeing picked to Mclaren without doing anything special in F1. But even he is luckiest driver in the grid, atleast he did get into F1 and fast and also win something while getting there!

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: July 19, 2008 08:28PM
IWE Wrote:
> If Im not wrong he have been racing in lower
> Formulas since some years and havent reached any
> titles?
>
> 2002: Karting
> 2003: Karting
> 2004: British Formula BMW: 21.
> 2005: British Formula 3: 10.
> 2006: British formula 3: 3.
> 2006: Formula 3 Euro: 7.
> 2007: GP2: 8.
> 2008: GP2
>
> Kimi started in Formulas in 99 and after winning
> over ½ of his all races he was already testing F1
> car in end of 2000. 2001 He was already racing in
> F1! So if I can ask, do you seriously think that
> Sennas career have been somehow so special till
> now?
>
> Kimi was lucky bastard to get into best Formula
> Renault team. Even more lucky he was to get
> straight into F1 from there after 1 year. And
> luckiest thing ever was beeing picked to Mclaren
> without doing anything special in F1. But even he
> is luckiest driver in the grid, atleast he did get
> into F1 and fast and also win something while
> getting there!

LMFAOOOO... It's so sad how you fail to see how much he improved in this short career despite of not racing in 10 years. He's currently P2 in GP2 now, and hes improving race after race recovering the ground lost in 10 years stopped. It's an amazing thing.

BTW your stats are wrong. His karting career remounts back to 1994, when it was halted by his family. When he tried to get back, he was too tall for the karts and having some broken bones, so Berger suggested him to move directly to Formula BMW. It was a good platform for him to start his career again. So, in fact, his career started in 2004 not 2002.

Now, look how much he improved in British F3, he won races in his second year, f***, he even fought for the title until Snetterton, when a mexican (Salvador Duran, this git should NEVER MORE drive an open wheel car!) punted him off track and almost killed him!

You fail to see something special in his driving for the same reason you refuse to say that Kimi is good. Kimi's Silverstone 2004 (or 2003?) qualifying was bloody amazing. The commentators, after poor S1 and S2 times, saying that he couldnt set the pole, and he did! How he found the time he missed in previous sectors is beyond my knowledge.

Lucky? How can you say that hes the luckiest driver in F1 when he had much more bad luck in 2005 than Chris Amon ever had in his F1 career...

My God! LOL...

Date: July 19, 2008 08:29PM
Posted by: Frantic
Bruninho Wrote:
> IWE Wrote:
> -----
> > Bruninho Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > IWE Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > Fast or not, he is so old he wont stay for
> > > long..
> > > > ;)
> > >
> > >
> > > He's 24...
> >
> >
> > Compare to Hamilton, Rosberg, Vettel,.. And
> they
> > all have already proved their skills.
> >
> > And if comparing to many others who are trying
> to
> > enter F1 in close future like also he is trying
> he
> > is about 5 years older. Atleast without his
> name
> > teams would already start to think seriously
> about
> > forgetting this driver..
>
> You didnt followed his career did you? No, so you
> can't say it for sure
>
> You keep forgetting that his family did not
> allowed him to race for 10 years since his uncle
> died, and to be at that level without 10 years
> racing in lower formulas, you can't be crap. He's
> definitely F1 material.
>
> Correct me if I am wrong, but Kimi went to F1 with
> just a pair of Formula Renault drives. And he
> became F1 World Champion.

You´re right, Kimi had only 21 or 22 races...

with the Bruno issue, he ran with Ayrton in kart sometimes, but after the dead of his uncle his family don´t allowed him to run anymore, and after Ayrton´s dead his father (Flavio Lalli) died in a bike accident, in 1996, with the former Ayrton´s MV Agusta (he stopped in a traffic light and a car crashed him from behind and killed him). but with 18 years old, Bruno asked her mother for run, and she said "yes"

Date: July 19, 2008 08:38PM
Posted by: J i m
One thing I noticed about Bruno today at Hockenheim is that he wastes too much time bobbing about feigning moves when he is not close enough. So many times he lost ground today because he was trying to pressure the car in front into a mistake. Now that's fine for a lap or two, but when it's clear that isn't going work you should keep to the ideal line entirely otherwise you're just compromising your speed through the corner..

He kept on losing traction because he compromised his lines. He could have overtaken Di Grassi much earlier into the hairpin had he just used his brain a little more. He was good on the brakes, but wasn't giving himself the best opportunity to take advantage of it.

He should have got the hard work done by remaining close to the car behind on the corner exit, then he'd have a lot more impetus to dictate what happens into the next braking zone.

It was a good gamble to go onto wets, at that stage after a little off having had a small coming together with Buemi he had little to lose. It didn't pay off with a podium, but 4th was a reasonable result and it could have so easily been nothing.
Date: July 19, 2008 08:51PM
J i m Wrote:
> One thing I noticed about Bruno today at
> Hockenheim is that he wastes too much time bobbing
> about feigning moves when he is not close enough.
> So many times he lost ground today because he was
> trying to pressure the car in front into a
> mistake. Now that's fine for a lap or two, but
> when it's clear that isn't going work you should
> keep to the ideal line entirely otherwise you're
> just compromising your speed through the corner..
>

He said that he was having understeer on corner entry, 'cause the iSport setup wasnt good today... I thought that he was doing that at the hairpin (the 2nd one) because of that... I just didnt understood why he was doing that in the first one when the 2nd one was the best place for it.

> He kept on losing traction because he compromised
> his lines. He could have overtaken Di Grassi much
> earlier into the hairpin had he just used his
> brain a little more. He was good on the brakes,
> but wasn't giving himself the best opportunity to
> take advantage of it.
>

Yup I also think that he had opportunities to outbrake him a few times but it would just be like Valseccchi crash with other driver there.... He didnt wanted damage to compromise his weekend, I think. Considering that he had understeer, it would just lead to a crash if he were going inside?

> He should have got the hard work done by remaining
> close to the car behind on the corner exit, then
> he'd have a lot more impetus to dictate what
> happens into the next braking zone.
>

Maybe. But his overtake on Di Grassi was great.

> It was a good gamble to go onto wets, at that
> stage after a little off having had a small coming
> together with Buemi he had little to lose. It
> didn't pay off with a podium, but 4th was a
> reasonable result and it could have so easily been
> nothing.

Well, he thought about not stopping for them, but he said that he was called on radio to do so and he had to agree.

Date: July 19, 2008 10:21PM
That's a whole load of quoting lol, but I fear you are trying to hard to explain away Senna's haste behind Di Grassi.

He may have had some understeer, but personally I do not buy into that as a reason for feigning the inside line at all the wrong times, because more often than not he'd duck back out to a wider line. I doubt understeer was a huge factor in that.
Date: July 19, 2008 11:12PM
J i m Wrote:
> That's a whole load of quoting lol, but I fear you
> are trying to hard to explain away Senna's haste
> behind Di Grassi.
>
> He may have had some understeer, but personally I
> do not buy into that as a reason for feigning the
> inside line at all the wrong times, because more
> often than not he'd duck back out to a wider line.
> I doubt understeer was a huge factor in that.

lol. fair enough :)

btw arent the 2008 gp2 cars supposed to have the same downforce loss effect behind other cars like in F1? Some drivers already complained about that a few times - most notably at Barcelona.

Date: July 19, 2008 11:35PM
There is that general feeling, but even so with that in mind, a driver thinking about how to pass should surely figure out it doesn't pay to dart about behind the car in front, unless you're making a decisive maneuver.

It's okay to have the odd glance, to keep the driver in front watching his mirrors and pressure him into a mistake, but it quickly became clear that Di Grassi was not going to be pressured like that.
Date: August 07, 2008 05:36AM
Posted by: Rodrigo007
Bruno gave 2 interesting interviews these days ( one for UOL and another for a famous radio program of Sao Paulo) with some parts being very interesting about his future in f1:

about STR:

"There's nothing concrete about me in Toro Rosso..."

about who will replace him in iSport:

"They were looking some names, but i heard many comments about Diego Nunes."

when asked about his future in f1:

"Nothing is for sure but... if God is willing, everything will be alright!"

when asked who would he point for Vettel seat in STR if he was team principal:

"Romain Grosjean! He is doing a good job this year and showed a good speed."

if any teams have already contacted him:

"yes! I'm in negotiations with some teams, but none of them are finished yet."

about the plans for f1:

"preferably i wanted to start as an official pilot due the rules for tests that nowadays harms the drivers. But consider that i'll start as test pilot and get promoted to official pilot in one year after, maybe."

about what team most likely he'll debut in F1:

"hmm, unique thing i can say is that it has... or maybe... it is red."

the above question was made in the radio program thus after that hint they asked him about his most likely suit for next year and Bruno answered:

"It'll be like my current gp2 suit. But, with even more red."

Bruno Senna is currently a Santander sponsored driver. He is actually a iSport team gp2 pilot and has involvement in some Scuderia Ferrari events such as "Ferrari Challenge" competition last year. He also develops the game "Ferrari challenge" and was invited by the Scuderia to participate in the comemoration of their 60 years.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2008 08:20AM by Rodrigo007.
Date: August 07, 2008 05:59AM
the only full red driversuit in F1 is Ferrari, and they wont bring him in :) I dont even want him in a Ferrari...

There is Toyota which is also red, but not as full red as his GP2 overalls...

TBH all these "interviews" are BS... What I know is that Bruno is being courted by four F1 teams, and none of them are red. STR, Williams (blue driversuits), BMW-Sauber, Honda (white driversuits).

UOL (lmao, they had even posted last year that Sandy & Junior, a famous double of singers in Brazil, had suffered a fatal aircraft accident... well they didnt and they are living well ;) ) and "famous radio show" - if its famous, what is the name of it? - so I don't give too much credit to these things.

EDIT: Yes hes a santander sponsored driver and he did really played the ferrari challenge game but it doesnt mean that there is a chance of him getting a Ferrari drive. Kimi and his current useless teammate will be driving the car in 2009 as stated in their current active contracts. Bruno wants to drive a F1 in 2009. It wont be in that red scarlet car.

Besides, Santander doesnt even sponsor Ferrari (well, not yet, considering the rumours) but by your logic of being red and sponsored by Santander he would get a McLaren drive then. That doesnt make sense to me...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2008 06:07AM by Bruninho.
Date: August 07, 2008 07:30AM
Posted by: Peat
'Fanboy'
-noun
1. a person who supports a group/person so much that they cant engage in reasoned thought anymore.

simular?
see: 'Bruninho'

Date: August 07, 2008 08:01AM
Posted by: IWE
Bruninho Wrote:
> Besides, Santander doesnt even sponsor Ferrari
> (well, not yet, considering the rumours) but by
> your logic of being red and sponsored by Santander
> he would get a McLaren drive then. That doesnt
> make sense to me...

I wouldnt be suprised, if Dennis would send Kovalainen to Force India and even pay to make this possible, just to be able to do 1 more nonsense driver choise. ;)

Date: August 07, 2008 10:53AM
Posted by: chet
This is going to be a really silly post but what the hell!

How hard do you think Williams and Ferrari are gonna try to get Senna?

I mean, do you think Williams owes it to himself to give Bruno a real chance at F1, after trying to get Aryton for a while then 94 happening.... What about Ferrari?? The only great team not to seat Senna, and yet the one last team Senna always wanted to drive for.

imo its 80% sure its STR next year, and if he proves quick then where after? It is no lie BMW have have shown interest, and same with Honda but they ahve their own young GP2 drivers.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: August 07, 2008 11:44AM
Posted by: marcl
Bruno is not Ayrton so ferrari williams and mclaren will not care.

For me he has done nothing to show he is ready for f1 even his team mate in go2 is getting good results.

If Senna gets an f1 drive so should Pantano and he had a chance and did not do that well.
Date: August 07, 2008 12:45PM
Posted by: flat tyre
I read another interview from Bruno Senna, where he said that one very good team offered him a test drive for one year and a race seat the next. After seeing all of the talk about red, and also Satander, maybe he is going to Ferrari after all? There are also rumours about Satander going to Ferrari, and the year he goes in would be when Raikonnen supposedly retires. I would never have thought that he would go to Ferrari, but it does seem to have a lot of coincidences... if none of this is true, though, I could picture him in a STR very easily.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: August 07, 2008 01:18PM
Posted by: gav
marcl Wrote:
> If Senna gets an f1 drive so should Pantano and he
> had a chance and did not do that well.

Nor did Glock, and he finished 2nd in the last race...
Date: August 07, 2008 01:53PM
Posted by: chet
Ironically it was Glock that replaced Pantano wasnt it ?

Pantano should really win this year, 3 years in F3000 and is this his 3rd year in GP2??? He is statistically the most successul in GP2 lol. Teams would much rather have the marketable name of Senna though, and really I think he is alot better too. Pantano has had some bad luck but imo not half as much as Senna this year. Or Romian Grosjean, who I guess has created some of his bad luck :p

edit - on Bruno to Ferrari, I hope not because I dont think he will be ready for a topline drive then.

He clearly isnt an Alonso or Kimi, he has speed but I think his time out of motorsport may have cost him abit of that killer instinct like them two. No doubt he will be as quick as them I think, its just against them I dont think he will come out on top... Id say like Button but thats before any signing of ALonso and Button - if they do, then Button will surely trounce him ;)! lol

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2008 01:58PM by chet.
Date: August 07, 2008 02:01PM
Posted by: marcl
At the start of the year Glock did not stand out but true he has got better as the year has gone on. In Hungry he was on the pace the whole weekend.

Last year he stood out in GP2 and should have won more races.

The name Senna will be very easy to market, but he should get into F1 on skill not name and he has said that in the pass.

I am not saying he will not do well in f1 I just dont think he is ready yet but another year in GP2 will be to much thats the problem.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy