Hot Racing

Posted by Frantic 
Hot Racing
Date: June 20, 2008 10:30PM
Posted by: Frantic
I want to know some info about races that were run in conditions of veri high temperatures.

I know one: in Argentina ´55, the ambient temperature was about 38 C°, in the track 65 C° :O. Fangio won this race with only 1 pit-stop for refresh him, many drivers DNF because they can´t support the conditions..

If you know some like that, please post it :)

Cheers!

Re: Hot Racing
Date: June 21, 2008 12:34AM
Posted by: Advong
1984 US Grand Prix was the one where Mansell passed out at the end while trying to push his car across the line.

Wikipedia says the start race temperature for that race was 40 C equalling the 1955 Argentine GP and the 2005 Bahrain Grand Prix.

Hasn't the Malaysian Grand Prix been incredibly hot before? or is that more to do with humidity

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2008 12:34AM by Advong.
Date: June 21, 2008 01:23AM
Posted by: casabonka
Melbourne this year was ridiculously hot... it was 38-39C...

It was so hot.. I was there, I know!

Malaysia is usually very hot, and humid!

2013 - Nando must come through..
Date: June 21, 2008 12:07PM
Posted by: IWE
Advong Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 1984 US Grand Prix was the one where Mansell
> passed out at the end while trying to push his car
> across the line.

And it have been said million times, that our famous drama queen was just acting. Personally I dunno what is true..

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: June 22, 2008 04:06AM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
The old USGP in Detroit was known for blistering heat. Same for the '84? race they ran in Dallas Texas that Rosberg famously won with the track coming to pieces...

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy