Canadian GP Thread ***SPOILERS***

Posted by flat tyre 
Re: Canadian GP Thread ***SPOILERS***
Date: June 09, 2008 11:13AM
Posted by: marcl
Brundle is in trouble after his pikey comment, when he said it I thought oh no. Brundle could actually be taken to court over it or fired just like Ron was over his football comment.

James Allen is also in touble for his "no brad pitt" comment.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2008 11:23AM by marcl.
Date: June 09, 2008 11:16AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
what were these comments, i must have missed them?

DJSKYLINE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I pretty sure Hamilton is the golden boy. Hitting
> someone at 50mph in the PIT lane is hardly the
> same as hitting someone after coming out a tunnel
> at something like 170mph. This one was aviodable
> as hamilton should have been more aware. He needs
> to open his eyes abit wider.

yes, kimi's even said that himself now

X (@ed24f1)
Date: June 09, 2008 11:27AM
At the end of the day a crash is a crash 20mph or 70mph.

They are 100% right to give lewis and nico a penalty but fissi and alonso should have also got 1 as well simple as that.

Alonso ruined nicks race in monaco and kimi did the same to sutil. The alonso one was avoidable, the kimi one was not as he lost control of the car but he should have known his brakes and tyres were not up to temp yet. Fissi just did not stop for the 1st corner.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2008 11:29AM by marcl.
Date: June 09, 2008 11:47AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
vesuvius Wrote:
> > Kimi showed he aint championship material
> either
> > in Monaco.
> >
> > oh wait...

Slash Wrote:
> what?, Kimi IS the champion!!, did you missed last
> season..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2008 11:50AM by loque.
Date: June 09, 2008 11:51AM
Joe_Satriani Wrote:
> Put Kubica in a Ferrari or a
> McLaren and he would be cleaning the floor on
> everybody.

Amen to that.
Date: June 09, 2008 11:54AM
You dont know that though as the car might not suit him. Last year Kubica was not that good was he people wondered where this great skill was. This years car suits him more so he looks better.

People said that about kimi, put him in a ferrari and he will wipe the floor with people that did not happen at 1st.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2008 11:55AM by marcl.
Date: June 09, 2008 11:56AM
Posted by: welshjim22
Another interesting no wait biased FIA decision. Yes the accident was stupid and should never have happened. However, ten place penalty what a joke. I notice Kimi wasn't punished for Monaco and was let off with a drive through penalty for his tyre rule break on the grid when i expect others would have got a ten second stop. Surely it is about time rules breaks had a clearly defined punishment for all. Instead of stewards deciding different things at different weekends.

Helmet Courtesy of Dangerous.
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.0, ASUS P5N32-SLI E
896MB nVIDIA GeForce BFG 260GTX OC, 19"SONY SDM-HS95PR
4GB DDR2 800MHz
Date: June 09, 2008 11:59AM
marcl Wrote:

> ITV was poor in this race anyway, we came back
> from a break to find the saftey car out, we came
> back from a break to find alonso had spun out.
> James and Martin missed loads of stuff as well.
> Martin kept saying Trulli had run wide until he
> saw the replay but on the live footage it was
> clear that he had been held up. I know they can
> not pick up everything but they also said Nick let
> Kubica pass easy, did they not see Nick mess up
> the final corner so he was slow down the straight?

Marcl what pikey comment are you talking about? I must have missed that :S

I think if you get rid of the adverts (and James Allan) - hopefully BBC next year will keep Brundle and give him someone who can back up his commentary instead of just dribbling stupidly - then it would be much better.

Today I was shocked (I dunno why - I should be used to it by now) with all of ITV's coverage. For those who didn't see it, it started with a sort of slideshow of Monaco with Hamilton talking over it in a sort of hushed tone (I won in Monaco, bla bla, then... Monaco was wicked". What?

Steve Rider and Mark Blundell then proceeded to talk about the track breaking up, and then Rider asked Blundell all the now complimentary "so how will this affect Lewis? What will Lewis make of this? Can Lewis remain calm? Lewis." It really is @#$%& pathetic, if there was blatant favouritism before, it has now sunk to a level where they actually seem to have forgotten that there are 19 other drivers out there, and they are covering the world championship, not Lewis Hamilton's bid to win it.

Rubbish.
Date: June 09, 2008 11:59AM
Posted by: Morbid
marcl Wrote:
> At the end of the day a crash is a crash 20mph or
> 70mph.
>
> They are 100% right to give lewis and nico a
> penalty but fissi and alonso should have also got
> 1 as well simple as that.
>
> Alonso ruined nicks race in monaco and kimi did
> the same to sutil. The alonso one was avoidable,
> the kimi one was not as he lost control of the car
> but he should have known his brakes and tyres were
> not up to temp yet. Fissi just did not stop for
> the 1st corner.

The Kimi/Sutil crash WAS avoidable. The job description of every race driver on track contains at least these 2 priorities:

1) Drive the car - that means keep it under control.
2) Race other drivers.

Whenever a driver lets priority #2 overrule priority #1, you get these kind of crashes. Letting it happen in close traffic is simply not up to spec for an F1 driver.

Kimi should have been penalized.

And what as it with Sutil and getting a warning/penalty for overtaking cars while the track was congested with the Alonso/Heidfeld accident. Several GP2 drivers did the same thing, unpenalized, INCLUDING the race winner.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2008 11:59AM by Morbid.
Date: June 09, 2008 12:00PM
Hamilton said: "I was trying to be cautious. I looked at the red light and I looked back and they'd stopped.

"There were two cars side by side. If they'd been in a line I would have seen it a bit faster."

Raikkonen was not impressed.

"I saw a red light and chose to stop, someone else saw a red light and chose not to," he said.

And thats how they should have been in 1 line, thats what I was trying to say. I am not saying lewis is right or anything but why is nothing being said about the way kimi was let out the pits? Its wrong what happened there and could not have happened further down the pit lane. Kimi was leaving the pits on the pit in lane. You have the pitlane (used for entry and exit), pit in lane (used to enter your pit) and pits, kimi was not in the right lane he was to busy racing Kubica even though they had to stop.

Had they been green flag racing and ferrari done that kimi would have got a penalty simple as that. Ferrari just tried to take advantage of the fact they have a clear run to the exit of the pits. Kimi should not have been ahead of kubica.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2008 12:08PM by marcl.
Date: June 09, 2008 12:07PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
Now your trying to shove off hamiltons mistake on kimi, your like james allen ;)

Date: June 09, 2008 12:09PM
Read what I said, I said I am not saying Lewis is not at fault.

Sorry the lane next to the pit wall is called the fast lane which is used for entry and exit, as you can see kimi never got in this lane when leaving his pit. Kubica seemed to back off as well as he probably thought kimi was going to pull out and hit him or he was already slowing for the red light. Either way kimi should not have been released until kubica was passed.

I am just saying ferrari done a wrong thing here and its a different incident even though there was a crash.

Had ferrari not been at the end of the pit lane kimi could not have come out when he did so they would have been in a single line as they should be in the corerct lane in the pit lane.

Anyway enough from me now I know what I am trying to say and if you look it up you will see what I mean. Kimi should not have been were he was.

And no that does not mean lewis was ok to hit him lewis messed up big time but this is something else to look at. If they had been in 1 line lewis probably would have take kubica out as well or like he said maybe he would have stopped we dont know.

But what I am saying has nothing to do with Lewis this is about rules and from what I can see Ferrari broke them.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2008 12:21PM by marcl.
Date: June 09, 2008 12:20PM
Posted by: gav
Locke Cole Wrote:
> I can't see how you can blame Lewis for what is
> essentially a major oversight by McLaren. Lewis
> wouldn't have seen that red light from where he
> was, the team schould have let him know. And
> remember that his is the last pit box in the pit
> lane, so he would have driven straight out of his
> garage into Kimi's rear wing. No chance to latch
> on to what was happening.

Lewis fan? :D

We were all sharp enough to blame Massa last year...

loque Wrote:
> Marcl what pikey comment are you talking about? I
> must have missed that :S

He said on the grid walk (to Bernie IIRC) that "there's a load of pikey's laying tarmac at turn 10" or something along those lines.

Speaking of the grid walk, aren't they getting rather pointless now that no-one bothers to talk? I sometimes like to listen to Bernie blabbering on about random stuff, but that's about it. Other than Martin talking about the conditions (good), everything else is the same old. They either need to get onto the grid or into the garages earlier or not bother.
Date: June 09, 2008 12:25PM
Posted by: Advong
Cars have been side by side down the pit lane before, there have not been penalties handed out and there should not be penalties handed out here. Had there been a green flag there would not have been a penalty given.

If the cars were lined up surely Hamilton would still have run into them, he'd have less room to move in too
Date: June 09, 2008 12:33PM
This was different normally a car cuts in front or something like that in this case ferrari let kimi out when kubica was alongside had they not had the pit box at the end of the pit lane they would have crashed or waited for him to pass. Kimi never ever got to the correct lane of the pitlane. Its not clear about the rules but the way I read it and see it kimi should not have been let out at that time. They should not have been racing to a red light.

This has nothing to do with the lewis crash as I said.
Date: June 09, 2008 12:36PM
Posted by: vesuvius
Q: Did you give Lewis a warning about the red light over the radio?

Whitmarsh: "Yes."

as said Lewis you are stupid.
Date: June 09, 2008 12:40PM
Then put the rest in as well

Q: So it was his fault?

Whitmarsh: "Frankly, we gave it to him, we could have given it to him earlier. There was quite a lot going on, obviously we were stopping both cars. When you come in first and come out third I'm sure you're anxious to see if you can jump past those people, and I'm sure that distracted him. As Nico [Rosberg] proved seconds later, it was easy to do."

We all know its his fault as it was when kimi hit the back of Sutil and the STR the other year. Get over it your driver has messed up this year and other years before as well it happens. Its happened to the best in the passed.

It may have also helped if kimi red pit lane light was on. The flashing light that comes on when the pit lane limiter is on. Kubica was up to the speed limit then how the hell did kimi get to the same speed so quick? Unless Kubica slowed down early.

But as said before they should not have been racing to a red light, kubica done nothing wrong and kimi would have had to let him pass anyway.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2008 12:52PM by marcl.
Date: June 09, 2008 12:46PM
Posted by: MarcA
Razorsedge Wrote:
> You guys do realize that Hamilton taking out his
> main title rival Kimi was actually
> very...SENNA-ESQUE!!

lmao!

Date: June 09, 2008 12:52PM
Posted by: vesuvius
marcl Wrote:
> Then put the rest in as well
>
> Q: So it was his fault?
>
> Whitmarsh: "Frankly, we gave it to him, we could
> have given it to him earlier. There was quite a
> lot going on, obviously we were stopping both
> cars. When you come in first and come out third
> I'm sure you're anxious to see if you can jump
> past those people, and I'm sure that distracted
> him. As Nico proved seconds later, it was easy to
> do."
>
>
> We all know its his fault as it was when kimi hit
> the back of Sutil and the STR the other year. Get
> over it your driver has messed up this year and
> other years before as well it happens. Its
> happened to the best in the passed.

that other question just confirms it was fault of Lewis, he was focusing on guys that overtook him instead of red light, very very stupid from Lewis.

yes Kimi has done mistakes like that also but so does Lewis, example Bahrain this year etc. even Michael has done it..but this was very different as those because the weather was dry and this happened in the pitlane with the speed that was so slow.

And what makes me more angry is that Lewis didn't really apologised from Kimi yet, he just said I'm sorry IF I spoiled Kimi's race and then he starts talking about his race and how good he was etc... Kimi apologised from Sutil after the Monaco gp even few days after the race he said in his own column that the thing he is most sorry about monaco is not that he lost his own points, it's that he spoiled Sutil's race (that he really didn't do because Sutil would have got 25 seconds penalty) anyway this just shows Kimi does care about else unlike Lewis who only cares about himself!
Date: June 09, 2008 12:52PM
Posted by: Advong
If it was kimi's fault that he hit Sutil and he should have a penalty for that should Hamilton not have had a penalty for running into the back of Alonso earlier this year?

Bottom line is it had made the Championship very interesting.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy