Posted by: gav
marcl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I dont have a problem with the penalty think its
> right just wish they would do the same with
> everyone thats all. Nico did not knock someone
> out the race he made an error so I think his is
> harsh.

He didn't, but had Hamilton not ran in to Kimi, Nico would have done to Hamilton what Hamilton did to Kimi. I'd say that was a call for the consistency you were talking about myself.

Not punished for a racing incident so much as being punished for being @#$%& idiots. Both deserved and a thumbs up to the stewards for actually taking a common sense approach to the Nico instance when they could have let him get away with it.
Re: Canadian GP Thread ***SPOILERS***
Date: June 08, 2008 10:38PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
Yh, glad he has a 10place drop. Next time it will teach him to have more awareness of things outside the car. (Oh wait, he hasnt even got it inside is his car ;) )

Date: June 08, 2008 10:56PM
Posted by: marcl
So kimi can hit sutil and nothing? fissi can hit nakajimia nothing, naka hits kubica penalty, alonso hits niick nothing strange rules going on here.

I suppose they look as today as not racing incidents?

Nico hit a car that was no longer in the race and he only just tapped him no worse then we saw in monoco oh well.

Gav yes I see your point read it after i posted nico would have hit lewis who then probably would have hit kimi.

And yes will teach them all to pay more attention.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2008 10:59PM by marcl.
Date: June 08, 2008 10:59PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
Well unlike some of the others like the Kimi-Sutil crash this one WAS avoidable!

Date: June 08, 2008 11:03PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
Wow! A Kubica victory. Now I hope Sim pays up on VT! ;)

I'm gonna watch the highlights, cause I wasn't paying that much attention to who was where, it was all so chaotic, you had 1 stoppers with a chance to win it and 2 stoppers caught up in the mix, the track crumbling, stupid pitlane incidents (and a regretful Hamilton no doubt), and several different leaders for the first time this season. Great race, loved it. Magny-Cours can never live up to the hype Canada keeps bringing. :)

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: June 08, 2008 11:07PM
Magny-Cours is normally 90 mins of rubbish but should be fun seeing lewis try and get through.

I almost think today has blown the championship for him now the next time he will have a car to win will be hungry. Just like last year he has made errors at the worst time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2008 11:07PM by marcl.
Date: June 08, 2008 11:13PM
Posted by: IWE
DJSKYLINE Wrote:
> Well unlike some of the others like the Kimi-Sutil
> crash this one WAS avoidable!

Like many things in life, also Kimis' crash in Monaco WAS avoidable. As Sutils' bad luck, Kimi was able to keep his car going straight forward (unlike DC) and ended up to his ass..

This case was different than Monaco, but anyway also is supporting Kimi beeing the real golden boy of FIA.

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: June 08, 2008 11:19PM
Mclaren have said the same that kimi did not get punished for loosing control and lewis did get punished for also hitting a car. Hitting a car and knocking it out the race is the same whatever way u look at it. But kimi and kubica done the right thing stopping lewis would have had to stop so should have end of. But as I said before kimi should not have been there he should have been behind kubica not along side to why are ferrari not being punished for letting kimi out? he did not even move into the pit out lane. He left his pit and went straight he should have gone right into the lane.

Dont matter now its over and tbh made the race more alive and let bmw have a 1 2 which is good for the sport.

If I remember right though naka got a 5 place penalty for hitting kubica in australia? trying to find out.
Date: June 08, 2008 11:27PM
Posted by: Ferrari_Fuhrer
Hamilton's showing a bit of a tendency to cause accidents under safety car conditions. Maybe Ferrari should use it as a tactic?

[Website]
Date: June 08, 2008 11:34PM
Posted by: Advong
We've seen cars side by side in the pit lane before and no action has been taken.

Also Raikkonens crash into Sutil was in different circumstances, it was in a green flag situation, this was in the pit lane, under a yellow flag with a red light at the end of the pit lane.

Great race, glad to see Kubica win, he's driven well and deserved to win the race. I felt bad for Heidfeld, he's a good racer and deserves a win but Kubica's just blown him away this year.
Date: June 08, 2008 11:45PM
Posted by: Monza972
does anyone know what alonso said that caused james allen to say "we apologise for alonso's bad language?"
Date: June 09, 2008 12:38AM
Massa was so good today as well his passing of cars was good and cheeky not seen that in ages. As for piquet another not so good race i bet renault were worried when he was behind alonso.
Date: June 09, 2008 01:12AM
Posted by: vesuvius
marcl Wrote:
> Massa was so good today as well his passing of
> cars was good and cheeky not seen that in ages.
> As for piquet another not so good race i bet
> renault were worried when he was behind alonso.

Massa was so out and so slow all weekend, he had no speed at all compared to Kimi who most likely lost a possible win today.
Date: June 09, 2008 01:20AM
Posted by: Fincent
Monza972 Wrote:
> does anyone know what alonso said that caused
> james allen to say "we apologise for alonso's bad
> language?"

I was thinking that too, lol, i never noticed anything dodgy in what he was saying and i couldnt rewind it because it was live obviously :P .

Cracking race btw, absolutely silly mistake from Hamilton losing his concentration but Kubica is really becoming a force in F1 now :) obviously it takes a bit of luck for him to win but he's not leading the championship purely on luck. It's hard to believe he was only 6 points behind on merit going into this weekend!

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Date: June 09, 2008 01:43AM
Posted by: bazza_racer
just watched the highlights (as the weather was too good to sit inside and watch tv) and they've just said that both hamilton and rosberg will be given 10 place grid penalties at magny-cours.........

"Racing is LIFE. Anything before or after is just waiting"
Steve McQueen.
Date: June 09, 2008 01:48AM
Posted by: da silva
Great race!! Nice to see Kubica win.

TBH Hamilton did a big mistake...and as Kimi said, crashing at 200kph is one thing and crashing in the pitlane is a diffirent story...but Lewis couldn't do much as he admitted; he was just too late. But these are things that happen. IMO the penalty to Hamilton is just what i expected but to Rosberg?? what the hell?? as far as i know Hamilton's race was already ruined he ruined just his own race...

Over all it wasn't a bad race although Lewis and Kimi had no points...BMW's are fast but im sure they won't keep the lead till the end afterall bad luck will also go their way.

I still think Hamilton is the most complete driver out there, and Kimi is still the fastest single lap driver who doesn't manage to be perfect in races (like he did in Spain). They are still the ones to beat IMO
Date: June 09, 2008 01:49AM
Posted by: gin
Monza972 Wrote:
> does anyone know what alonso said that caused
> james allen to say "we apologise for alonso's bad
> language?"

he said something along the lines of : "we fooked up our startegy" or something like that, he didnt say it loudly, not many people heard it, thats why James Allen only mentioned it when his producer told him to apologize..

Date: June 09, 2008 01:51AM
Posted by: NeronMJ
I'm from Polad :) This is a Most Exciting Race for Me .

Fantastic Race Kubica WIN !! and Hamilton !! What The Fu** ??
Date: June 09, 2008 02:39AM
Posted by: Bruninho
have some nice laughs!

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Date: June 09, 2008 02:57AM
Posted by: Razorsedge
You guys do realize that Hamilton taking out his main title rival Kimi was actually very...SENNA-ESQUE!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy