> Its going to be very interesting to see what they
> do when they give a penalty. Kimi should have got
> one in Monaco fissi in turkey lewis and nico for
> canada.
>
> Seeing as they did not give the others a penalty
> when they should have done I dont see how they can
> with lewis even though they should.

Actually i think this one is clearer than water... Hamilton would've missed the light anyway so he would've earned a black flag, instead he took out Kimi and ruined his race, and because of the fact the light was red, he caused an avoidable accident.., i don't see how he wont get a penalty, honestly

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2008 09:14PM by Slash.
Re: Canadian GP Thread ***SPOILERS***
Date: June 08, 2008 09:16PM
Posted by: marcl
Well done to kubica and dc though great drives and massa probably had his best gp to date.

! question though kimi should not have been next to kubica there is 1 line out the pits in the race kimi was not in it ferrari let him go and they should have waited for kubica to pass, also would kimi have let kubica go 1st as he should have?

Know doubt people will tell me to shut up but the pit has lanes kubica was in the right place but that does not mean lewis aint at fault.

Can not wait to see what the fia do over this, if they do give lewis and nico a penalty they have every right to complain but they will probably just take it. And I am not saying he should not get 1 he should do.

Also I love the way people who defended kimi are slating lewis he made an error and could not stop, just like kimi in monaco. I find it harder to believe nico did not stop in time he must have seen what was going on. He said sorry not much more he can do now really, I feel bad for kimi as well.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2008 09:19PM by marcl.
Date: June 08, 2008 09:19PM
Posted by: IWE
Slash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Actually i think this one is clearer than water...
> Hamilton would've missed the light anyway so he
> would've earned a black flag,

Wrong, wrong, wrong.. Seemd like Hamilton and Rosberg wanted to drive against red light and get drive thru or stop & go. Cannot remember what Heidfeld did get already 2 times this year.. Definately not black flag!

But in my opinion they both should get atleast +10 pos grid penalty..

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: June 08, 2008 09:20PM
Going through a red light is black flag, as I said before in the pre race stuff lewis even mentioned the red lights yet he did not look. The thing is could they see the light over the top of kubica's car?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2008 09:21PM by marcl.
Date: June 08, 2008 09:20PM
Posted by: Team CLR
Great drive by EVERYBODY who kept it on track. Failing brakes, tricky track surface, close walls and NO TC! THIS is how you separate the men from the boys...

Date: June 08, 2008 09:21PM
Posted by: Slash
marcl Wrote:
> ! question though kimi should not have been next
> to kubica there is 1 line out the pits in the race
> kimi was not in it ferrari let him go and they
> should have waited for kubica to pass, also would
> kimi have let kubica go 1st as he should have?
>

> I find it harder to
> believe nico did not stop in time he must have
> seen what was going on.

i think the way it works it's the race control would've told kimi to let Kubica pass, but later on, when they where on formation, and i also thought Rosberg would've missed the light as well, but when i saw the replay, it seems he did braked the car to a complete stop, but then let go for a bit and it was when he hit Hamilton, Rosberg incident was his own fault
Date: June 08, 2008 09:21PM
Posted by: aagancia
A penalty for Lewis is clearly in order here. It's not as difficult a decision as what happened in Monaco (Kimi, Alonso, etc.)

What happened in Monaco all happened under race conditions, Which puts a lot of grey areas.

What happened here happened in the pit lane and under a safety car. A situation where driving is strictly regulated. There is clear neglect from Lewis by not checking the lights. If he did not kit Kimi, he would have exited the pit under a red light. I think thesame happened to Rosberg as he also hit the brakes too late and almost hit Kubica.

But, the pit lane red lights under safety car is a rule that they really have to check. It has caused a lot of confusion and DQs before and sadly costed the race for Kimi and Lewis today.
Date: June 08, 2008 09:22PM
Posted by: IWE
So in past races Nick did drive when pit was closed but there wasnt red light? These pit rules are bit sick or what? :P

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: June 08, 2008 09:22PM
Posted by: casabonka
Wow, go Kubica! Just a fantastic race!

If he can mount a title challenge, Nakajima hitting him out of a probable 2nd in Melbourne could cost him alot come Brazil in November!

Pretty woeful by Lewis.. he certainly failed there, and hats off to Kimi keeping his cool..like an iceman!

And Nick Heidfeld... F1's Bridemaid, I cant see him ever winning in F1, he is the new Martin Brundle imo.

2013 - Nando must come through..
Date: June 08, 2008 09:25PM
Posted by: FRESCO
I think that kimi had another momentum WITHOUT Hamilton crashing into him to take him over the white lane anyway, marginally (just the front wing), but easily enough to just edge over the line, hence a black flag.

Under normal circumstances I would say Hamilton and Rosberg a 5 position grid penalty next race, but seeing as over the last two races there have been at least three I can think of where someone has ran into the back of someone and not got a penalty, I don't see how they can dish out a punishment.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2008 09:26PM by FRESCO.
Date: June 08, 2008 09:25PM
IWE Wrote:
> So in past races Nick did drive when pit was
> closed but there wasnt red light? These pit rules
> are bit sick or what? :P

wrong wrong wrong, it happened in spain, the pit lane was closed, and he entered, that means a stop & go penalty, but i don't think he missed the red light, it's not the same the red light and the pit closed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2008 09:26PM by Slash.
Date: June 08, 2008 09:29PM
Wasn't Kubica the same driver that last year stayed in the red light while Massa and Fisichella missed it??, lol he's always awake!!

anyways is so funny, last year he had a horrific accident and this year he wins the race!

Cheers!
Date: June 08, 2008 09:29PM
As i said before anyway under normal racing kimi should not have been let out his pit when he was so they need to look at that as well.

I dont think they would count a little bit of wing over the line tbh.

Fresco that is what I am saying as well, all the incidents in the last 3 races should have got penalties so should this so it will be very interesting to see what happens.

I do think lewis will get a penalty but i dont think nico will.
Date: June 08, 2008 09:30PM
I do think lewis will get a penalty but i dont think nico will.

That would be scandalous. Both were guilty of the same crime.

I dont think they would count a little bit of wing over the line tbh.

Don't know the ruling on that TBH, whether it would be the front wing or front tyres.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2008 09:31PM by FRESCO.
Date: June 08, 2008 09:30PM
Posted by: Karan
Well that sure proved to be yet another exciting Canadian GP. Had it all didnt it! :)

Pretty uneventful start but as usual things really picked up after the SC started making its appearance.

Not sure what Hamilton was distracted by, but he certainly cant blame that as a racing incident. I was laughing all the way through his interview with Louise Goodman, making excuses all the way through. He couldnt have sounded anymore sheepish...Interesting how he decided to veer toward Raikkonen too, instead of Kubica. Coincedence? I think not. If this had been Schumacher, they'd be all over him saying he did it on purpose and demanding a race ban. A 1 race ban for Hamilton would be sweet, but he definitely needs to start from the back of the grid next race.

Was great to see BMW finally coming through to the top step. They've been threatening to for a while, and it was fully deserved. And all that consistency is paying off handsomely too, with P1 in the WDC and P2 in WCC.

Wonder what Heidfeld must be thinking though...Here's a veteran who's been with the team since its birth. German driver in a German team, he must've really wanted to deliver them their first win, with his own first win. You could definitely hear it in his somber post-race conference that he really wanted that win. Either way, well done Bimmers!

So with two epic races, you guys just know we're gonna get a snoozer in France ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2008 09:35PM by Karan.
Date: June 08, 2008 09:31PM
Posted by: stipe
Great race for Kubica. And he has many luck in pit, because Hamiltons choice was Kimi instead Robert. That I call LUCK ;)
Date: June 08, 2008 09:32PM
Posted by: gav
iCeMaN pAuL Wrote:
> if robert was an ebay selling i'd use him again.
> A++++++.

Wah? :\

Piquet for BTCC. Plato will have met his match.
Date: June 08, 2008 09:34PM
Interesting how he decided to veer toward Raikkonen too, instead of Kubica. Coincedence?

Hamilton moved to the left in order to avoid both cars, I doubt he even had time to comprehend which was which.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2008 09:35PM by FRESCO.
Date: June 08, 2008 09:35PM
Posted by: n00binio
FRESCO schrieb:
> I think that kimi had another momentum WITHOUT
> Hamilton crashing into him to take him over the
> white lane anyway, marginally (just the front
> wing), but easily enough to just edge over the
> line, hence a black flag.

like with jumpstarts: wheels count, not the front wing. no danger for kimi there (even without hamilton)
Date: June 08, 2008 09:35PM
Posted by: casabonka
Karan Wrote:
> Well that sure proved to be yet another exciting
> Canadian GP. Had it all didnt it! :)
>
> Pretty uneventful start but as usual things really
> picked up after the SC started making its
> appearance.
>
> Not sure what Hamilton was distracted by, but he
> certainly cant blame that as a racing incident. I
> was laughing all the way through his interview
> with Louise Goodman, making excuses all the way
> through. He couldnt have sounded anymore
> sheepish...Interesting how he decided to veer
> toward Raikkonen too, instead of Kubica.
> Coincedence? I think not. If this had been
> Schumacher, they'd be all over him saying he did
> it on purpose and demanding a race ban. A 1 race
> ban for Hamilton would be sweet, but he definitely
> needs to start from the back of the grid next
> race.
>
> Was great to see BMW finally coming through to the
> top step. They've been threatening to for a while,
> and it was fully deserved. And all that
> consistency is paying off handsomely too, with P1
> in the WDC and WCC.
>
> Wonder what Heidfeld must be thinking
> though...Here's a veteran who's been with the team
> since its birth. German driver in a German team,
> he must've really wanted to deliver them their
> first win, with his own first win. You could
> definitely hear it in his somber post-race
> conference that he really wanted that win. Either
> way, well done Bimmers!
>
> So with two epic races, you guys just know we're
> gonna get a snoozer in France ;)

Well 2nd in the WCC. Magny Cours has had some great races, rain in 97 and 99, Schueys 4 stopper to win in 04, Kimi nearly getting his first win in 02. I quiet like Magny Cours

2013 - Nando must come through..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy