Canadian GP Thread ***SPOILERS***

Posted by flat tyre 
Re: Canadian GP Thread ***SPOILERS***
Date: June 07, 2008 08:31PM
Posted by: Red Sam
The track condition at the hairpin is a real concern - not sure what can be done about it before the race tomorrow though...

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: June 07, 2008 08:33PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
Good lap by lewis, have to give him that. But I think he is on a 3 stopper or very short first stint. Surely he cant just have pulled 6tenths out himself.

Cant believe how poor the ferrari's are in last sector and wtf happened to massa and heikki.

Should be interesting race given the condition of the track.

Poor webber.

Date: June 07, 2008 08:33PM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
I reckoned Lewis would grab this pole. Track indeed is a big joke. Kimi did a good job putting the car up there in third...Massa was nowhere. Kubica and Barrichello doing a very good job today.
Date: June 07, 2008 08:34PM
Posted by: Rodrigo007
it is like that because if i'm not mistake FIA authorised 11 drivers to change their engines , including Hamilton, the 2 of Ferrari and Kovy didnt change
Date: June 07, 2008 08:36PM
Rodrigo007 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> it is like that because if i'm not mistake FIA
> authorised 11 drivers to change their engines ,
> including Hamilton, the 2 of Ferrari and Kovy
> didnt change

why would they change engine?

Date: June 07, 2008 08:41PM
most prolly because this race is one of the most engine power ones, to don't give a change of a dnf due a engine failure during race they did that
Date: June 07, 2008 08:43PM
interesting. Any online source to prove this (not saying your fibbing or anything ;) )

First time ITV not show press conference when Hamilton is in there? ;) ;)

Date: June 07, 2008 08:48PM
Posted by: Slash
Class domination by Hamilton, and great for Kubica once again, and Alonso impressive as well, regardless of strategies, Ferrari seem to still be strugglin here, if anything the hairpin situation should give some exciting moments tomorrow, it's the same for everybody (drivers), so i think we are the ones who wil be enjoying some incidents in there!
Date: June 07, 2008 08:50PM
DJSKYLINE Wrote:
> interesting. Any online source to prove this (not
> saying your fibbing or anything ;) )
>
> First time ITV not show press conference when
> Hamilton is in there? ;) ;)

got it in AFP
Date: June 07, 2008 09:10PM
Posted by: marcl
There is a good chance of rain tomorrow so ferrari could have gone for a bigger rear wing, if it rains lewis could be in problems.

They can change the engine if they want once without penalty so its ok. But in Fact remember lewis has completed every race this year so if u work it out this is the 1st race of the engine anyway, the rest are out of sync. Its race 7 so monaco would have been the last race for lewis on the other engine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2008 09:14PM by marcl.
Date: June 07, 2008 09:30PM
Posted by: watercolours
I have also thought Lewis was lighter at first. But I think if he was really lighter than the difference to Kimi should have increased a little at each sector. But what we saw was Kimi had been faster in first two sectors and lost ground in last sector (note that on his final lap Hamilton's first two sector times were faster than Raikkonen's.)

Additionally, has anyone paid attention whether McLaren's bridgewing flexes or not with the new part?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2008 09:36PM by watercolours.
Date: June 07, 2008 09:39PM
Posted by: NickKK
It seems incredible LH is making up over a second in the last sector alone over KR, I'm guessing Ferrari are gambling that the weather forecasts of a storm are correct and going with high wing which hurts them down that long final straight. Hamilton looked quite scruffy over that final chicane rather than attacking. His previous laps looked faster there, I'm thinking drivers are having a lot of difficulty in the hairpin area, everyone was spinning tyres and correcting spins on the way out.

Date: June 07, 2008 09:47PM
Posted by: stipe
I also think that ferrari are playing on wet race.
Date: June 07, 2008 09:48PM
Posted by: Red Sam
Surely the teams can change wing settings if it is wet tomorrow?

It just seems that Hamilton is getting across the final chicane better than the Ferraris...

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: June 07, 2008 09:49PM
Posted by: Lex
Aren't teams allowed to change car setup if the weather changes?

Um dois três quatro cinco seis sete oito nove dez
Eins zwei drei vier fünf sechs sieben acht neun zehn
One two three four five six seven eight nine ten
Один два три четыре пять шесть семь восемь девять десять
Date: June 07, 2008 09:53PM
Yeh seems like the weather is forecast for showers/possible thunderstorm tomorrow.

I thought they are now in parc feme conditions. Isnt there only a limited number of things they can adjust for wet weather?

Date: June 07, 2008 10:01PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
some drivers are complaining about the asfalt just braking down, i saw many drivers just sliding away, that was not normal, im asking myself how does it come canada cant make good surface, other circuits can?

Date: June 07, 2008 10:22PM
Posted by: gav
Lex Wrote:
> Aren't teams allowed to change car setup if the
> weather changes?

I believe you can change the front wing angle and raise the ride height in very wet conditions, but as far as I'm aware nothing else unless it's extreme weather.
Date: June 07, 2008 10:31PM
Posted by: dkpioe
hamilton was faster then every one by like 6-9 tenths in the last sector, he reckons its because he uses more curb, i doubt it looking at his last lap, looked like he lost some time there in the last turn(hence up on kubicas time 3 tenths at 2nd sector, but then only 6 tenths at the end).
theres something fishy going on like low fuel, or a unique setup, no driver is worth that much alone in one turn, i think its more the exit of the hairpin, his car seemed to have the best gearing and lease wheel spin out of there, the ferraris seemed to need to shift very soon out of the hairpin, and the traction didnt look too good for them there.
Date: June 07, 2008 10:42PM
Posted by: aagancia
yes, without traction control, it seems that a lot can be lost or gained while exiting out of the hairpin.

Hamilton seems to have a far better exit out of there compared to the Ferrari's. The Ferrari's were both short shifting.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy