Do you think real F1 driver also play racing games?

Posted by skyline86 
He said both actually, he mentions GP4 first and then Gran Turismo 4 after.
I think Honda has it's own simulator. It came to my town and the "townspeople" could play 2 or 3 laps. I don't know if the Honda drivers use it but it felt realistic enough for me to think they might.

personally i got flipped by another car then made up about 12 or 13 places in my remaining laps. Came 9th.
Re: Do you think real F1 driver also play racing games?
Date: June 04, 2008 02:29PM
Posted by: gav
Sure it wasn't just F1C or something?

Renault were doing a tour of Renault dealerships last year with networked PCs that sounds quite similar... it was using F1 2001 I think it was... horribly outdated.
Date: June 04, 2008 02:31PM
Posted by: gav
Sure it wasn't just F1C or something?

Renault were doing a tour of Renault dealerships last year with networked PCs that sounds quite similar... it was using F1 2001 I think it was... horribly outdated.

//edit: I doubt the team's proper simulators have previsions for 2 drivers networked or anything. It's not a racing simulation like GP4, more like a test tool.
gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sure it wasn't just F1C or something?
>
> Renault were doing a tour of Renault dealerships
> last year with networked PCs that sounds quite
> similar... it was using F1 2001 I think it was...
> horribly outdated.
>
> //edit: I doubt the team's proper simulators have
> previsions for 2 drivers networked or anything.
> It's not a racing simulation like GP4, more like a
> test tool.

Dunno might be. it was only 1 pc on a Honda 07 f1 car. u sat inside and there was the wheel and it did force feedback and stuff.
This video is interesting because Ralph is like 'WTF' and Jaun is just so surprised by what happens...big lose for that game....lol.

Date: June 04, 2008 05:59PM
Posted by: IWE
EA sports F12001 on PS2? :/

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Very sure every F1driver playes racing games :)
Razorsedge Wrote:
> This video is interesting because Ralph is like
> 'WTF' and Jaun is just so surprised by what
> happens...big lose for that game....lol.
>
>

> related

JPM looks a lot like Chet here ;)
And lewis apparently has other interests outside F1 too, not simracing though ;)

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2008 11:30PM by Bruninho.
That's a beautiful..ehm..white space.
try again :D

Nickv you deleted me from MSN? :(

Is that why Reebok wants to sponsor Lewis? haha

There we go, he should leave F1 and play soccer.. sorry football! Considering he only earnt $27mil USD last year...

2013 - Nando must come through..
Lewis is far too stiff, the ball was a bit flat... should stick to F1, he cannot cut it as a footballer :P
except he used to play football, alongside ashley young, and was considered a good talent

why dont u go try that in racing overalls, fireproofs and racing shoes gui?

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Alvaro Parente (GP2 driver) used to participate in some rounds of a portuguese RFactor league.
I've juggled the football while dressed in a suit with my dad's work shoes (1 size bigger). Not a problem, Sim!
Wow, he's the next *Insert name of famous, talented footballer here*. Look at how he makes that ball bounce and stuff... so, did he win or is there another round?

paranoik0 Wrote:
> Alvaro Parente (GP2 driver) used to participate in
> some rounds of a portuguese RFactor league.

True lol, I ( Bruno Marques ) raced with him, joining the league in purpose because of him eheh, ended up meeting him later on Estoril for a WSR 3.5L race. I was very surprised to see his name, thought he was just someone with same name or with a fake name, but later found out he was THE Alvaro Parente. Let me tell you though, he was ( GP2 doesn't give him free time for this anymore) a very enthusiastic simracer, asking me lot of stuff to improve his simracing abilities and also quite a good driver for the "national level".
Date: June 11, 2008 07:57AM
Posted by: IWE
Good reminder that every driver is just a normal human, who just simply had to / had change to start racing hobby. So how to make F1 teams to cut 90% of from drivers salary and sent that amount to poor people in Africa? :P

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy