The official 2009 European Grand Prix thread ***SPOILERS***

Posted by Team CLR 
After the mid-year holiday, and a few small changes in the driver lineup, Formula one is back on the move and is in Valencia for the 2009 European Grand Prix. Even though Michael Schumacher won't be making his temporary comeback, local fans can look forward to watching Fernando Alonso after Renault's one race ban has been lifted.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2009 12:23PM by mortal.
I'm unable to work this out, but are the BBC showing 2nd practice on Friday? Nothing for it on 5 Live Sports Extra, 5 Live, or the Interactive schedules. Just 1st practice.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Friday 21 August
First practice: 0900-1030, BBC Red Button/online & BBC Radio 5 Live sports extra/online
Second practice: 1300-1430, BBC Red Button/online & BBC Radio 5 Live sports extra/online
Inside F1: 1830-1845, BBC News Channel, then repeated on the Red Button

Saturday 22 August
Third practice: 1000-1100, BBC Red Button/online & BBC Radio 5 Live sports extra/online
Qualifying: 1210-1415, BBC One/BBC Red Button/Radio 5 Live/online
Qualifying re-run: Times TBC, BBC Red Button

Sunday 23 August
Race: 1210-1500, BBC One/BBC Red Button/Radio 5 Live/online
Race re-run: Times TBC, BBC Red Button
Interactive Forum: 1500-1600, BBC Red Button/online
Highlights: 1900-2000, BBC Three/BBC Red Button/online

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Been waiting for this thread. Not much to say, other than that the race is near! woooo!
Yes!

Finally we have a race again. Was extremely bored during these past 4 weeks
4 Weeks is a too long time!!

Schumacher for win!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Finally the summer break is almost over, YEAY! At least we had plenty of driver speculation during it to keep us occupied.
Can't wait for this weekend, I'm hoping for a decent race at Valencia this time. I'm thinking RedBull should be strong, with Macca and Ferrari pushing them hard.

chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Schumacher for win!

Agree with that! :D ;)
Hopefully Badoer scores a point!

X (@ed24f1)
EC83 Wrote:
> Finally the summer break is almost over, YEAY! At
> least we had plenty of driver speculation during
> it to keep us occupied.
> Can't wait for this weekend, I'm hoping for a
> decent race at Valencia this time. I'm thinking
> RedBull should be strong, with Macca and Ferrari
> pushing them hard.

You not rating Brawn to to give them a hard time?

After what felt like months off, this race kinda snuck up on me. Let's hope that the circuit can actually produce racing this time round.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Team CLR Wrote:
> EC83 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Finally the summer break is almost over, YEAY!
> At
> > least we had plenty of driver speculation
> during
> > it to keep us occupied.
> > Can't wait for this weekend, I'm hoping for a
> > decent race at Valencia this time. I'm thinking
> > RedBull should be strong, with Macca and
> Ferrari
> > pushing them hard.
>
>
> You not rating Brawn to to give them a hard time?

Good point, and I'd like to see Brawn in the mix, but going by their recent form you'd have to say it seems unlikely. A P6 or P7 is probably the best they're looking at IMO. Famous last words.
In any case I hope Rubens is the Brawn driver who scores more points, for drivers' championship reasons alone.

I'd really hope Badoer does really well, but it'll be just a couple of points I guess.

As the conditions here will be roughly the same as in Hungary I can see McLaren somewhere up front again.
Mark Webber offers his opinion on the track;

"Q: Do you like this track?
MW: No."

[www.formula1.com]

;)

X (@ed24f1)
gosh, i'd forgotten how boring this track is to look at... it's just a sea of tarmac

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
ok, easy pun there, but 20th is just BAD !
1.1 seconds. It is going to be difficult to find that. Slower than the rookies..that is bad.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
1 second down from 19th... Well I guess the important thing was to get time in the car and get a feel. I wouldnt be worrying about times until tomorrow's FP really. I imagine alot of his work will be concentrating on Qualifying so if he's still in the bottom 15 then its enough to maybe worry.

At a glance Brawn look to be in a decent posistion but both drivers didnt really seem confortable. As ever we will know more this afternoon. Mclaren and RedBull looking great atm, but Brawn still an unknown tbh. Good signs so far though. It would be interesting to know which driver felt better with which setup.

Nice to see more drivers get the higher-def cams!

To hear about Kimi not calling Massa or concerning himself with him is abit upsetting (not the word but i cant find another!). I know Kimi keeps himself to himself but when your team-mate for 2 and a half years comes close to death (slight exageration) you'd expect something. Kimi's never really seemed at home at Ferrari, not as much as he did at Mclaren IMO.

edit - Brawn. He's had a haircut in the summer break. (Y)

edit again - Also the temperature this morning I guess is going to bit quite abit lower than this afternoon, and what is expected for Qual and raceday....

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2009 12:05PM by chet.
chet Wrote:

> To hear about Kimi not calling Massa or concerning
> himself with him is abit upsetting (not the word
> but i cant find another!). I know Kimi keeps
> himself to himself but when your team-mate for 2
> and a half years comes close to death (slight
> exageration) you'd expect something. Kimi's never
> really seemed at home at Ferrari, not as much as
> he did at Mclaren IMO.
>
> edit - Brawn. He's had a haircut in the summer
> break. (Y)

Well, I don't think Kimi is really friends with Massa, and that's the way it is really...people often don't really give a @#$%& unless it's someone they actually are in some kind of relationship with, friendship, family,
etc.

As for Badoer, yeah I can't see him being quick this weekend at all.
Guess this artical covers what most of us thought anyway. Ferrari are giving Badoer a run until Schumacher is fully fit to race. Let's hope for their sake that's very soon if this mornings times are anything to go by. [en.f1-live.com]

Edit - Just realised the way I wrote this makes it sound like Schumacher is a dead Cert to comeback later in the season and I didn't mean it to sound like that at all before you all lambast me for my faux pas ;)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2009 01:59PM by Damas.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy