> in production. The only reason it's so quick is
> because it has 4WD and 4 enormous turbo chargers
> strapped to the side of an 8 litre engine. 8
> litres by the way. And 4 turbos. The thing weighs
> more than my house.
>
> The Shelby is still oversized (6.4l twin turbo
> from memory) but half the turbos and half the
> cylinders and still capable of 1190hp.
>
> You can call American cars crap (theres plenty to
> pick from) but at least they have a long and in
> places excellent motoring history.
>
>
>
> Andretti is a tool. Both of them.

on the other hand the size and the weight of the veyron makes it such a stable car when doing 400, Id bet the Shelby would be shaking at all places.

Iceman-Kimi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> on the other hand the size and the weight of the
> veyron makes it such a stable car when doing 400,
> Id bet the Shelby would be shaking at all places.

You'd have thought that the extensive tunnel testing they put it under they would have sufficiently improved through body and under body aero to the point where it's glued to the road?

Shelby is a well established sports car company, they AREN'T going to make a half arsed job of it when you're spending 400k on a car.
I've always been a fan of Michael Andretti, and I think he's one of, if not the most deserving non-winner at Indy 500. Okay, so apparently he's a prick. But then so was Schumacher, and everyone loves him.
However it's my fault this topic got hijacked a bit, I couldn't resist:

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Oh dear, is that 400k Shelby behind a Golf...? ;)

But the Corvette, Ford GT and Viper seem pretty fast, so maybe the Shelby is just not a good example ;) And the Veyron isn't in the list.

Back OT: I am wondering WHY Andretti brings out this comments now. Why 15 years after? Just because already everyone has been shooting on sitting duck McLaren?

Some say... he's even smaller than 20kb.
And some say... he's so offensive he could get you into trouble...
The only thing we know is that he's called...

THE SIG

Felipe Massa, World Champion 15:34:11pm- 15:34:21pm.
problem for Michael Andretti was that he never tested the car between grand prixs...he just left back to his home USA after the gp was over and then came back when the next race was on...so no wonder he had difficulties with his car!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2008 03:18PM by vesuvius.
Plus the car was never meant to have a ford engine either, mclaren were trying to get a renault engine from memory.

The car was not bad though, for me 1993 was Senna's best year of driving he had that car doing things that it was not meant to do.
Mario was lucky in that Peterson stayed loyal to his contract, because he could have easily lost the championship that year if Peterson chose to prove his #1 potential, and also he had by far the best car in 1978 with the ground effects.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

I still dont understand why Ford decided to give better engines to a terrible team with a young cheater instead of giving them to McLaren with a triple world champion in their cockpit? That was ridiculous. They had a better chance of winning the 1993 season with Senna than with the Benetton driver... had Senna received the Renault engines, it could have been an epic battle.

Indeed 1993 was one of the best Senna drives, he proved that he was good no matter which engine was behind him, and was a pleasure to watch. Ford must regret it, he was their best chance of enjoying a huge success in F1, as their engines were still good enough in 1994.

Andretti's sabotage claims just sounds like sour grapes to me. He didnt tested the car between the races, so its his own fault he didnt worked out his problems.

Ford gave Mclaren the same engines that Benneton were using from Silverstone onwards in 1993.
mikef1 Wrote:
> Ford gave Mclaren the same engines that Benneton
> were using from Silverstone onwards in 1993.

Ok, but i still doubt that... his macca at silverstone'93 sucked bigtime.

I know, i just remember them (Murray and James) saying it at the time. I think the setup on Senna's car was shite that day otherwise he would have been up there with Schumacher and Prost.
Bennetton were the Ford team Mclaren were a customer and paid for their engines. Customer teams were not allowed the new engines simple as that, in the end Bennetton and Ford agreed to let mclaren have the same engines.

Micheal got as far as the 1st corner at Silverstone so we dont know lol.

Senna was giving it everything he had at SIlverstone 1993 holding back prost lap after lap, alot of people called it dangerous but it was great. Senna ran out of fuel and broke down where he did in 1991,1992.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2008 05:10PM by marcl.
marcl schrieb:
> Micheal got as far as the 1st corner at
> Silverstone so we dont know lol.

1 2 Alain Prost Williams-Renault 59 1:25'38.189 1 10
2 5 Michael Schumacher Benetton-Ford 59 +7.660 3 6
3 6 Riccardo Patrese Benetton-Ford 59 +1'17.482 5 4
4 12 Johnny Herbert Lotus-Ford 59 +1'18.407 7 3
5 8 Ayrton Senna McLaren-Ford 58 Out of fuel 4 2
6 9 Derek Warwick Footwork-Mugen-Honda 58 +1 Lap 8 1

(race results silverstone 93)
I meant Andretti not MS :).

Yes Senna still got 5th but broke down on the last lap. The others were lapped already thats why.

It was a good race tbh alot of races in 1993 were good ones. Same for Hill in that race should have been his 1st win.

Brazil was a good one as well good memories and a good fight with Herbert and MS.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2008 06:13PM by marcl.
lol my fault
Mclaren is not beyond shitting on one of their drivers should believe they have a reason to do so. History has shown that to be true on several different occasions in the last couple of decades... ;)

Would like to see Marco get an honest test, then if he fails we can all forget about him. Whining over his dads brutal F1 experience surely isn't making him many friends in F1.

As for the ridiculing of the American automotive industry, on need look no further than the Corvette to find a honest to goodness racing machine, a multiple Le Mans winner by the way. Last time I checked Aston Martin, Ferrari, and all the others European makes were still trying to equal the performance of the 'Vette ....;)

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
@Red_Bull, where did Fisi get screwed he was slower than Heikki most of the year. Its a fact Fisi doesn't perform well with a good team, he does his best with the lower teams. Why would he get screwed when the guy that was alongside him isn't even at the team anymore. I do think that Renault should have kept him for at least another year alongside Alonso. Piquet has got to go.
Jagdpanzer Wrote:
> As for the ridiculing of the American automotive
> industry, on need look no further than the
> Corvette to find a honest to goodness racing
> machine, a multiple Le Mans winner by the way.
> Last time I checked Aston Martin, Ferrari, and all
> the others European makes were still trying to
> equal the performance of the 'Vette ....;)

Last time I checked ferrari were in the class below the C6R.
Jagdpanzer Wrote:
> As for the ridiculing of the American automotive
> industry, on need look no further than the
> Corvette to find a honest to goodness racing
> machine, a multiple Le Mans winner by the way.
> Last time I checked Aston Martin, Ferrari, and all
> the others European makes were still trying to
> equal the performance of the 'Vette ....;)

Ferrari and "other European makes" (Porsche) are in the GT2 class, whilst Corvette run GT1 class. They are not trying to equal them at all, but simply fight there own battle.

As for the GT1 class battle, Aston Martin no longer runs works cars in ALMS. The only time the works Astons and works Corvettes were on track together is Le Mans, and Aston won that battle in 2007. In the quest to equal Corvette, they ended up surpassing them.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
senna is developing his set up very well along with his mechanics i doubt andretti also.i think they should try senna's set up on andretti's car

2 Hot 2 Handle.

MS-

KR -

"You must always pick the worst car and the worst team on the grid, to be the best."
—Fangio
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy