Your driver of the year so far?

Posted by iCeMaN pAuL 
Your driver of the year so far?
Date: May 21, 2008 05:19PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
For me it's Mark Webber. Retirement in Australia, but then 7th in Sepang, 7th in Bahrain, 5th in Barcelona, then 7th again in Turkey. Brilliant consistency so far - he's scored all of Red Bull's points.

Whose yours?

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Re: Your driver of the year so far?
Date: May 21, 2008 05:42PM
Posted by: chet
Kubica

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: May 21, 2008 05:50PM
Posted by: marcl
Kubica as well, in the same car he is thrashing Nick he is the only person doing this to their team mate.

Webber as well is doing a good job, but he has been around a long time so he is just doing whats expected.

Worst so far is DC and Piquet.
Date: May 21, 2008 05:54PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Webber and Kubica. Trulli was up there, but has fallen off a bit in the last few races.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: May 21, 2008 05:56PM
Posted by: vesuvius
Kubica,Webber and Kovalainen ...also Fisichella has done well.
Date: May 21, 2008 06:05PM
Posted by: aagancia
Alonso, seems to me like he's been driving that Renault a second faster than it's expected to be.
Date: May 21, 2008 06:11PM
Posted by: james84
Kubica also for me.
Date: May 21, 2008 06:45PM
Posted by: salvasirignano
Why is everyone raving about Alonso???
Piquet is making him look really good, yet he is doing not much better than Fisi did at the start of last year. What with his six tenths and all, surely he should be higher than he is?
Plus, surely this year's Renault is comparatively better than last year's, as he tested the old one (said "I see why GF and HK struggled";) and was involved all the way through the R28's on track development.
Plus he's probably getting all the best bits Renault have to offer before his teammate, he said so himself.
I don't see it to be honest. I think he was right to be scared of kovalainen being at Renault, seing as how HK is matching Hamilton pretty much, having only just joined. What's he insecure about?
To answer the question though
Webber, Kubica, Fisichella, Kovalainen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2008 08:19PM by salvasirignano.
Date: May 21, 2008 07:01PM
Posted by: mikef1
Er, one person has mentioned Fernando so far, hardly raving is it? Plus everyone is entitled to their own opinion, which is what you've given.
Date: May 21, 2008 07:16PM
Posted by: salvasirignano
You're right mikef1, I know, only one person here has said Alonso, but for me he's shown himself to be a rubbish sportsman and not as great a driver as previously thought.
Yet the F1 related media and many other fans have voiced the same opinion, which I respect, but can't agree with.
:)
Date: May 21, 2008 07:52PM
Posted by: Slash
kovalainen and ALONSO!!
Date: May 21, 2008 08:12PM
Posted by: bestobritish
Kubica for me, he just seems to be consistantly quick and gets the job done..... so far!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: May 21, 2008 09:43PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
Heikki I reckon, he got screwed over by the Safety Car in Melborne but he could of been second or third

Solid drive in Malaysia for 3rd

Average race in Bahrain but was more down to his car I think

Then he bounced back well from his accident and was on the front row in Turkey

Pretty good star I think :)

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: May 21, 2008 09:55PM
Posted by: Bruninho
Kubica!

Date: May 21, 2008 09:59PM
Posted by: Peat
Kubica. He is my new hero.

Date: May 21, 2008 10:12PM
Posted by: Gaulty
Between Kubica and Heikki, but I'll go with Alonso. That car is definatly not worth all the points he has got so far, he's been quick, yes, Piquet made him look good, but he is.

Team Owner of ItalianEnglish Dynamics in GPG Super League
GP4 Season 5: 7) Jethro Walters. 8) Zsigmond Somogyi. TD) Stuart Ingers and Joel Henrique
GP3 Season 5: 14) Nathan Turner. 15) Tobias Kederer.
6 Time Race Winners
Date: May 21, 2008 10:29PM
Posted by: kv88
Kubica

Worst: Coulthard

Date: May 21, 2008 11:40PM
Posted by: Ali
Best:
Heikki, faster than Hamilton but with some bad luck and poor race strategy.
Alonso (poor guy, out of the focus and still a lot of people "attacking" him) definetely, without Barcelona retirement he would have already 13 points which is quite a lot considering how bad the R28 is.
Webber, very consistent and a points scorer.
Kubica, the final jump to the top?.
Fisichella, giving some good experience to such a young team (but the start at Turkey...ufff)

Worst:
Piquet (not because he is slow, but he is unable to have a race without incidents).
Coulthard...the same than Piquet.
Sutil, far from Fisichella.
Heidfeld, consistent but a little bit "lost"
Toro Rosso, going backwards...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2008 11:42PM by Ali.
Date: May 22, 2008 02:40AM
Posted by: RonnyF1
Alonso doing as well as Fisi? are you serious???

MUUUUUCH BETTER.. did you see fisi qualifying in the 1st row last year? (don't tell me he had no fuel cause he was around 3-4 laps lighter than the ferraris if I recall well)

It's a shame people keep bashing Alonso because he beat Kimi back in 05 in a lesser car (although much more reliable). No average driver would have won in Alonso's circumstances in 05/06, 2 WDC's back to back require something special. He may be arrogant but he's frankly the only interesting character we have in F1 since JPM left.

Kovy is fast but I'm still not sure about how good he actually is. We'll see in the next couple of races.

Kubica has been really good.
Date: May 22, 2008 03:21AM
Posted by: casabonka
Im going with Kimi, I think he is doing a fantastic job defending his WDC, he is playing it cool, and although had a nightmare in Aus was super quick, and he has been pretty consistent compared to Lewis and Massa (on the podium every race except Aus)

Also Webber, he is looking so much better than last year as the car is staying in one piece, but If he does stay with RBR for another couple of years, I think he could help build the team to be the new BMW.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy