Danica Patrick good enough for F1...

Posted by Monza972 
Re: Danica Patrick good enough for F1...
Date: April 24, 2008 07:37PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Think of it this way.

Danicas situation is similar to a situation where you would put Sato in a Ferrari. He would then run around in the mid-field scoring an average amount of points, whilst his team mate won the F1 World Championship and Monaco GP. He would then score 1 lucky win (as being in a Ferrari, the odds are that it would happen eventually) and then everyone would declare him god.

As for the "hating Danica" (hate is such a strong, overused word) rather than the press and her fans - as Gav has said, one of us has met her, and that person is me. I have good reasons to dislike (as I said, hate is a strong word) however, posting these reasons just leads to me being hated by pro-Danica fans.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 24, 2008 07:38PM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
Hans Stuck didn't exactly tear up the F1 world himself, now did he? ;)

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: April 24, 2008 08:36PM
I fail to see how that -

1) is relevant
2) somehow improves Danicas poor performance in the best equipment

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 24, 2008 08:37PM
Posted by: Mr_Fossy
She won 1 race, There is a host of more deserving drivers. Castroneves, Wheldon, Dixon for starters. All of whom have at least 10 wins.
Date: April 24, 2008 09:18PM
Posted by: Slash
and are not good enough for F1, so neither is she!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2008 09:18PM by Slash.
Date: April 24, 2008 09:42PM
Posted by: Mr_Fossy
Slash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> and are not good enough for F1, so neither is she!

Agreed, or at least are yet to prove themselves enough to be good enough for F1 yet, and Those 3 drivers have their 10 wins in around 80 races, Danica has 1 win in 50 races. She is clearly not the best in IRL so how can she step up to F1 in front of drivers better than her?

(thank you Slash for helping this thread return to some sanity)
Date: April 24, 2008 11:40PM
Posted by: NeilPearson
rofl! good one!

oh its not a joke...

Date: April 25, 2008 12:32AM
DaveEllis Wrote:
> I fail to see how that -
>
> 1) is relevant
> 2) somehow improves Danicas poor performance in
> the best equipment

It is relevant in that perhaps Hans Stuck is not the best person to judge whether someone has the potential to do well or not in F1.

As to Danica, I am certainly not championing her cause in any way, as I see her as little more than a petulant bitch when it comes to motor racing...

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: April 25, 2008 01:14AM
It is relevant in that perhaps Hans Stuck is not the best person to judge whether someone has the potential to do well or not in F1.

Hans Stuck is not the best person to judge potential in F1 because he did not do well in it. Interesting approach. Perhaps...and this is just a wild thought, that because you have not even sat in F1 car, nevermind set the world of Formula 1 alight, this makes you unable to judge the performance of certain racing drivers. Such as, oh I don't know...Rubens Barrichello?

Just a thought...

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 25, 2008 07:22PM
DaveEllis Wrote:
Perhaps...and this is just a
> wild thought, that because you have not even sat
> in F1 car, nevermind set the world of Formula 1
> alight, this makes you unable to judge the
> performance of certain racing drivers.

> Just a thought...

That puts us both on par in that regard, eh Dave? ;)

Date: April 26, 2008 01:38AM
I'm not the one claiming that you cannot judge F1 stars if you have not done well in F1 yourself - you are. However, despite this, you still judge who you want, when you want, and then critise others for doing the same. I do not have to live by the standards which you set. I live by my own. However if you are willing to set standards for others, then you must be prepared to live by them yourself.

You are either wrong to suggest than Stuck is not in a position to judge F1 talent due to his own history in the sport, or you are wrong to run around criticising everyone and anyone who you do not like, despite your lack of participation in Formula 1. Either way you are being proven wrong. Do not set double standards. You will be called out on it.

I'm terribly sorry if I am calling you out on your double standards on public, but it seemed like it was necessary to get my point accross on the subject.

Good day.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 26, 2008 04:46AM
Posted by: SAMF1
Imagen if she go to f1, wat team would she race for

Date: April 26, 2008 01:24PM
Posted by: Nickv
Even in my imagination nobody wanted her.
Date: April 27, 2008 10:33PM
DaveEllis Wrote:
However, despite this, you still judge
> who you want, when you want, and then critise
> others for doing the same. I do not have to live
> by the standards which you set. I live by my own.
> However if you are willing to set standards for
> others, then you must be prepared to live by them
> yourself.
>
> You are either wrong to suggest than Stuck is not
> in a position to judge F1 talent due to his own
> history in the sport, or you are wrong to run
> around criticising everyone and anyone who you do
> not like, despite your lack of participation in
> Formula 1. Either way you are being proven wrong.
> Do not set double standards. You will be called
> out on it.
>
> I'm terribly sorry if I am calling you out on your
> double standards on public...

Hmmm, a disjointed disturbing post to say the least. I think therapy or meds might ultimately be the way for you to go Dave, as judging by that post your grip on reality appears to be slowly fading away.

Yes, I judge who I want when it comes to individuals in the public domain. Anyone who posts here does. Thats what the entire concept of a online BB or forum is all about - individual opinions.

I set no standards for you nor anyone else here. Never claimed to do so. I also do not moderate this board, so your claim that I am "setting standards" for you, though flattering in that you feel compelled to live up to them, nevertheless has no basis in the real world. Nor the cyber one for that matter.

Who have I criticized in this thread besides Hans Stuck? Is he a poster here? Did he complain to the moderator of the forum? If you can show me Hans' post I will gladly offer him a apology if in any way I caused him offence or harmed his sense of self esteem.

Proven wrong? In what? Danica being too bad for F1? Rubens being too bad to stay in F1? Speculation that Honda is willing to farm Rubens out to IRL?

Dave, I must admit old boy, you lost me with a flurry of incoherence here.

"I'm terribly sorry if I am calling you out on your
double standards on public..."

No worries at all here Dave, except perhaps one or two sent your way...:)

Date: April 28, 2008 07:11AM
Hmmm, a disjointed disturbing post to say the least.

Perhaps by your standards, however I received PMs of support from well standing members complimenting the post. Perhaps you just failed to understand it.

However reading your post it appears to be you who is completely lost, rather than anybody else.

I set no standards for you nor anyone else here. Never claimed to do so.

I was not talking about setting standards for this message board, I was talking about setting standards in life. Your post about Hans Stuck not being the best person to judge F1 potential just because of his poor record smacked of double standards because whilst you say that about him, you sit and judge people here. I have no problem with you judging people, however warped your logic on which you judge them may be. I have a problem with you sitting telling the world than HANS STUCK, the ex-Formula One driver and RING MASTER is not the best person to judge F1 potential, yet your opinion on motorsports is somehow perfectly valid.

Who have I criticized in this thread besides Hans Stuck? Is he a poster here? Did he complain to the moderator of the forum? If you can show me Hans' post I will gladly offer him a apology if in any way I caused him offence or harmed his sense of self esteem.

Indeed this paragraph does confirm that you have mistaken my post on setting standards in life for setting standards on an internet forum. Never once did I say that my post was in relevance to this forum only, so you have wrongly assumed it was. Hell, even the last line shows you don't even understand the basic concept of the term double-standards, nevermind being able to apply this to what I told you.

Once again, this has nothing to do with this forum, my actions, or anyone elses actions. This is about you sitting telling us that Hans Stuck is unable to judge F1 potential because of his poor record, yet you, somehow ARE able to judge such a thing, despite your complete lack of participation in any sort of motorsport. If you are unable to see the major issue here, or are somehow still confusing it with something to do with forum standards, rules and moderators then I am sorry to tell you that you are in the minority.

Proven wrong? In what?

I even posted a paragraph explaining it for you, yet you ask for clarification? I will simply repost this paragraph, as it is not difficult even for the dimmest person to understand, so I fail to believe that you do not understand it. Rather, you chose to selective read it or ignore it. -

You are either wrong to suggest than Stuck is not in a position to judge F1 talent due to his own history in the sport, or you are wrong to run around criticising everyone and anyone who you do not like, despite your lack of participation in Formula 1. Either way you are being proven wrong. Do not set double standards. You will be called out on it.

It doesn't come in more plain and simple English than that.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 28, 2008 08:32AM
Posted by: mcdo
She won a race. Good on her! I didn't see it but it seemed like a great combination of driving and strategy. But saying that Danica is good enough for F1 may have been more of an elated comment than a realistic appraisal, let alone a mission statement. Even winners need to keep perspective.
Date: April 28, 2008 06:12PM
Posted by: sasjag
i had a sexy dream about Danica teh other night, very odd

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: April 29, 2008 12:23AM
Posted by: marcl
Dont you mean nitemare? lol
Date: April 29, 2008 02:20AM
Posted by: gav
sasjag Wrote:
> i had a sexy dream about Danica teh other night,
> very odd

It's not a dream when you both have penises.
Date: April 29, 2008 11:59AM
Posted by: Red Sam
sasjag's was a strap on

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy