More than just playing God Save the Queen on an engine!?!?

Posted by slicer 
not only am i an F1 fanatic, i have amazing musical abilities for some reason.

Well i need help on something. Is it me or do some of the F1 engines idle rev in the key of C?
yes. sounds like it. im not sure thought, im no satriani
if you really did have amazing music ability then why are you asking what key it's in? shouldn't you be telling us?
Depend the cars, in some is C, but for me in others are C# and even D

I definitely agree on the C but don't know about the C#, the D I am unsure but in high revs definitely.
sounds like an engine to me tbh

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
well i kinda knew it was in C. Just making sure im not going crazy lol.

Is the Ferrari engine from 2007 anywhere near B or any of its variants...
I heard some rumours next year's BMW-engine will do an E in idle. For 2010 their goal is to reach an F for the first time, Theissen acclaimed.

Some say... he's even smaller than 20kb.
And some say... he's so offensive he could get you into trouble...
The only thing we know is that he's called...

THE SIG

Felipe Massa, World Champion 15:34:11pm- 15:34:21pm.
F1 engineers dont make the engine idle at a certain rev so it sounds like a particular note. one engine may sound close to a C, but i doubt if they set the idle to say 5000rpm, it would equal a C, it would be a small miracle if it did. it would probably be a less likely number like 5125rpm or even something like 5064.64rpm to reach a 'perfect' c. its quite complex and scientific when you look at pitches, eg, there is a difference between G sharp and A flat, even though on a piano it is played on one cirtain key, they actually arent the same note, on the piano the pitch is slighlty off (4/100ths or less, for playability and to fit a standard system on a keyboard).
But f1 teams have used computers to make the engine play simple melodies, but i doubt they would go as far as making the engine idle at a particular note, as the performance of the engine is a much more important aspect then levelling it out at a certain rev just so they can tell people it is a certain musical 'note'. im assuming the theissen comment was a joke.
dkpioe schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
im assuming the theissen comment was a joke.

I never joke, not in any of the gpg forums, and especially not in such a serious thread as this.

Personally I think they should reward teams with an extra CS point, if their car plays "Für Elise" during the grid line up.

Some say... he's even smaller than 20kb.
And some say... he's so offensive he could get you into trouble...
The only thing we know is that he's called...

THE SIG

Felipe Massa, World Champion 15:34:11pm- 15:34:21pm.
yes, why play a recorded tune of each national anthem at the podium when you can use the winner's car instead ;)

X (@ed24f1)
Maybe at the end of the season they can play "the chain" by Fleetwood Mac in harmony. All of them ;)
if you're so bothered ,why not gte a chromatic tuner, and put it near the tv and turn it up... it'll give u the note of the engine!

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
The tv speakers may not be in tune though.

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]
lol

well what if we had a room full of engines that hit a near C note, turn them all on, and have somebody start singing "Tomorrow Never Knows"...
hahahahahahahahahahahah ;);););););)

engines-"hhhhhhhhhhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmm"

singer-"Turn off your mind, relax, and float downstream"

random engine-"Huuuubhuhubuhbuhbuh, BOOOM!!!"

technichian to engineer- "i told you we shouldn't have used the Honda!!!"
sasjag Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> sounds like an engine to me tbh

Maybe you should wax your ears?

[Website]

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
that pear again!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy