SH*ttest Man in F1

Posted by Imran 
Re: SH*ttest Man in F1
Date: May 10, 2008 08:48PM
Posted by: Bruninho
Love how people likes to criticize the younger ones and praise the worst drivers Brazil ever had in F1, the Ferrari #2 and the Honda #17.

I will never understand it.

Date: May 10, 2008 08:50PM
Posted by: Nickv
Bruninho schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Now I hope that both ferraris suck tomorrow and
> Lewis storm to win. Just so you get pissed when
> your beloved Kimi doesnt win.

Is that why you removed your Kimi sigpic? That would be truly hilarious.
Date: May 10, 2008 08:58PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
> Bruninho wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
>
>
>

lol the amount of times you've said to me that Hamilton is crap and deserves nothing and you come out with this?

I'd have thought you'd at least have had the sense to beg for a Heikki win since you've said to me "he's awesome" on several occassions as well.
Date: May 10, 2008 09:03PM
Posted by: Slash
Bruninho Wrote:
> Love how people likes to criticize the younger
> ones and praise the worst drivers Brazil ever had
> in F1, the Ferrari #2 and the Honda #17.
>
> I will never understand it.

i would've put daMatta on that list but well
Date: May 10, 2008 09:07PM
Posted by: jbnd05
Bruninho Wrote:
> Joe_Satriani Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Bruno
> > Senna in Gp2 is going the same way.
>
> STFU
>
> You didnt watched the race did you? A n00b called
> Adam Carroll was stopped ahead of him at the
> start, what do you want him to do? Fly over him?
> When he managed to avoid him, another n00b called
> Yelmer Buurman took off his frontwing at turn one,
> not his fault.
>
> He is doing great. Better than I expected.
>

The way you talk is just like an endless oxymoron. You say Lewis sucked and copied Alonso's setups but you want to see him win. Sense - 0. Confusion - 1.

Date: May 10, 2008 10:09PM
Posted by: salvasirignano
Flav must be seriously regretting sacking Fisi and hiring Piquet.
A blind man could probably have seen that Fisi without TC becomes one of the grid's better drivers with his style.
Unfortunately though that's why he struggled at Renault, because he couldn't and wouldn't adapt his style to suit the '05 and '06's pointy front end.
Now though, the cars have devolved and become more compatible with his driving.
In a Force India, Piquet would be on his own at the back most of the time.
Watch for Fisi at Monaco...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2008 10:12PM by salvasirignano.
Date: May 10, 2008 10:10PM
Posted by: sasjag
> The way you talk is just like an endless oxymoron. You say Lewis sucked and copied Alonso's setups but you want to see him win. Sense - 0. Confusion - 1.

> The way you talk is just like an endless oxymoron. You say Lewis sucked and copied Alonso's setups but you want to see him win.

> The way you talk is just like an endless oxymoron.

> oxymoron.

> moron.

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: May 10, 2008 10:26PM
Posted by: kizz
Bruninho Wrote:
> Love how people likes to criticize the younger
> ones and praise the worst drivers Brazil ever had
> in F1, the Ferrari #2 and the Honda #17.
>
> I will never understand it.

just like no one will ever understand you. if his name wasn't piquet he would not be in f1, simple as
Date: May 11, 2008 01:47AM
Posted by: bestobritish
hehe love F1 forums people talk such bollocks and makes for a great read...

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: May 11, 2008 02:13AM
Posted by: gav
Bruninho Wrote:
> From what I have read about him here in Brazil,
> what I have seen in TV interviews, he was willing
> to learn from Alonso and not repeat the errors of
> McLaren when they allowed Lewis to race Alonso and
> caused them problems.

That sounds decidedly close to team-orders to me. Best not see him ahead of Alonso towards the end of a GP, as he may just be asked to move over...

Piquet may well end up as a half-decent F1 driver. Somewhere around the level of a Fisichella, a Coulthard or, ironically, a Barrichello or Massa. Someone who has the talent to win and even win well, but not be consistent or level-headed enough to string-together a championship, or dig deep when it's needed like an Alonso, Raikkonen and it seems Hamilton can do.

You can't argue that the first third of his debut season has been anything other than awful though. He's been destroyed by Alonso, and has shown absolutely nothing to suggest he can match the potential he may have, let alone become a winner. Even Nakajima and Glock are out-showing him, and they have no experience of most of the circuits either, and I can't think of many who expected them to be the leading rookies.

Despite what you may think, I'm not anti-Piquet, and I'm sure most of this forum won't be either. They're just level-headed enough to see things as they are. It's just that at the moment, everything reads 'not good'.
Date: May 11, 2008 06:49AM
Posted by: Guimengo
I don't know about Piquet turning out to be as good as a DC in his earlier, better years, but I hope he turns things around after this season in F1 because if next year he doesn't show improvement straight away then he truly deserves to be in the "Yoong" category. I missed this weekend's qualifying session but he's far behind Alonso (but in his favor at least Alonso is one of the top 2 drivers currently).

And Slash mentioned da Matta being bad (maybe not truly believing but just being sarcastic towards Bruno), if you actually meant it:
Cristiano is a good driver, in F1 he had to drive the Toyota in their 2nd season and I thought he did better than Olivier Panis but was a bit more unlucky with his results. He led in Silverstone for far longer than anyone would have expected, Kimi simply couldn't get by. In 2004 the car was bad and he was having consistency issues too but he is another person with character and I believe him over any Toyota director when he says that the team would not accept his feedback on the car, as stupid as it sounds but it definitely seems fitting of a Japanese team new to the F1 circus.

Also I believe it was established the worst driver ever was the guy who was lapped twice in 13 laps and retired because he was tired!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy