Max Mosley endears himself to the British Press

Posted by Covfan 
Re: Max Mosley endears himself to the British Press
Date: April 02, 2008 12:28PM
Posted by: marcl
I dont see how he will win tbh, he really got caught with his pants down.

If the story was not true then fair enough but it does appear to be true. They must have been following him for some time to know this was taking place.

Is it an invasion on his private life? yes I suppose it is.
Date: April 02, 2008 12:54PM
Posted by: Red_Bull
You only 'suppose'? ;)

Date: April 02, 2008 01:34PM
Posted by: mcdo
Most likely you're right. An article in The Times article suggests the only defence he's found so far is of speaking German because two of the prostitutes were German, which apparently mitigates any apparent Nazi approving context. Well, he is a barrister by trade.

Were the uniforms actually Nazi style replicas? Did they just look like prison uniforms? Is the NOTW peddling a Nazi theme for maximum effect? How did the cameras get into that apartment? How did the video get out? Could Mosley argue not just invasion of privacy, but possibly B&E? Could he argue that having such controversial parents has lead him to a double life of confused impulses that diminish responsibility for acts of moral turpitude? Was this the first time he engaged in such behaviour?

He can't really argue that he was the victim of a set up, but he might be able to try rebalancing his reputation by arguing that he was the target of malicious intent, not righteous indignation.

He should atleast step aside until the rest of the story is revealed, because we've only heard the half of it and that other half could be just as seedy.
Date: April 02, 2008 03:14PM
Posted by: MarcA
Vader Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If he had balls and if he had standards he'd go
> and shoot himself.
> He is a big twat and I have lost every bit of
> respect I ever had for him.
>
> MarcA Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Even if it's not true, it's f*cking funny!
>
> I blame it on you still being too young to
> understand things - otherwise I'd have you banned
> from here before you could spell your name. 6
> million dead - and most of Europe destroyed - how
> can anyone joke about this?

'I think Marca was referring to the fact that the Head of the governing body of F1 was caught in a seedy brothel part of the story was funny not the mimmicking of a Nazi.

Although I cant really speak for Marca, so maybe he should just explain what he finds funny'

Thankyou Imran.

I didn't find the Nazi connection funny at all, actually.

What I found funny was the fact that the guy at the top of the pyramid got caught/exposed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2008 03:16PM by MarcA.
Date: April 02, 2008 07:36PM
Posted by: Vomit
does it matter that he pretended to be a nazi. he didnt kill millions of people. he had sex... its kinda opposite to killing...

and did he even pretended be a nazi. yes he shouted german commands, but german army officers do that every day and they are not nazis. german is... krhm... very sexual language
Date: April 02, 2008 08:23PM
Posted by: flat tyre
I agree with Tommi, I don't know why people kick up a fuss. You have to sex to have fun, and he was only doing it in a way that he likes it. It might seem a bit strange to us, but that's because we're not Max and we don't enjoy what he enjoys. It's not as if it's hurting anybody, either. What did it ever do to us? It never affected us when we didn't know about it. We're all different, just remember that the only thing coming out of it is him having his fun :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: April 02, 2008 09:19PM
Posted by: Nickv
It's not about having sex, it's about having sex with prostitutes while being married. He hasn't been loyal to his wife, which means you can't really trust him apparently. And do you want to have someone who can't be trusted on such a high position in the FIA?
Date: April 02, 2008 09:22PM
Posted by: Red Sam
For me, the distinction is between whether or not he was enjoying a bit of kinky sex, or whether he was acting with Nazi/anti-semitic overtones.

If it is purely the sex, then, knowing how NOTW and the Murdoch press operate, then he should keep his job. If there is any hint of Nazi stuff there, he has to go.

Remember that the tabloids will play the fascist thing as much as they can. It is clear that Max has admitted doing the sex, but is taking action over the Nazi part...

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: April 02, 2008 09:22PM
Posted by: marcl
People have picked up on the German thing (sorry i can not even say the n word) due to his father.

And yes it does matter, as the act is making a mockery of what happened. If your family was not affected by it then dont comment as you dont understand.
Date: April 02, 2008 09:32PM
Posted by: Monza972
Vomit Wrote:
very sexual language

a sexual language? :s!
Date: April 02, 2008 10:36PM
Posted by: gav
Nickv Wrote:
> It's not about having sex, it's about having sex
> with prostitutes while being married. He hasn't
> been loyal to his wife, which means you can't
> really trust him apparently. And do you want to
> have someone who can't be trusted on such a high
> position in the FIA?

We don't know if it was a faithful marriage.
Date: April 02, 2008 11:11PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
Surely the whole point of marriage is to be faithful to each other. If not then I must be old fashioned, unless you mean she was at it too which would make them as bad as each other.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: April 02, 2008 11:26PM
Posted by: tripleM
Let's just say that Max has been living on his own the last few years. But that is as far one should go on this subject without entering gossip territory.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2008 11:27PM by tripleM.
Date: April 02, 2008 11:31PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
what do you mean?

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: April 02, 2008 11:32PM
Posted by: Covfan
Max Mosley is married to his right hand?
Date: April 03, 2008 12:20AM
Posted by: tripleM
"what do you mean?"

It means that there's a point where speculation starts but there's no reason for us to get involved

Date: April 03, 2008 01:33AM
Posted by: sasjag
Covfan Wrote:
> Max Mosley is married to his right hand?

no, hes married to rick astley, and they have an illegitamte child together...

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
I find all the venom over this dubious supposed Nazi roleplaying a bit misplaced. If you purport to take the moral high ground and complain about Max being a perv thats one thing, to brand him as a Nazi and scream for his dismissal because he roleplays with prosti girls is another completely.

After all Mercedes Benz and BMW both supplied aircraft engines for the Luftwaffe during the Nazi era - I haven't seen one person in this thread demand they withdraw from the sport. Honda supplied props for Japanese propellor driven aircraft in WW2. Nobody is screaming for them to pull out either. In the case of Merc and BMW I doubt whether the German aircraft industry could have functioned at all without them.

Max did what? His parents were British fascists, ok, but Max didn't get to choose his parents did he?

I'm no fan of Moseley and have wished him gone for a while now, but those bent out of shape because Max is into S&M apparently have a misguided sense of moral outrage...

Just my opinion... :)

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2008 05:28AM by Jagdpanzer.
Date: April 03, 2008 01:52AM
Posted by: chet
He didnt choose his parents, but he choose what to beleive in, and if he does indeed support his fathers views and this story is true, then why should he not be kicked out?

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: April 03, 2008 02:10AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
"After all Mercedes Benz and BMW both supplied aircraft engines for the Luftwaffe during the Nazi era - I haven't seen one person in this thread demand they withdraw from the sport. Honda supplied props for Japanese propellor driven aircracft in WW2. Nobody is screaming for them to pull out either. In the case of Merc and BMW I doubt whether the German aircraft industry could have functioned at all without them."

You aren't SERIOUSLY suggesting that there are parallels between companies whose long-dead old employees and managers supplied various mechanical parts to bad political parties' armies during the most politically unstable and dangerous times Europe has ever seen, and the President in FIA in 2008 allegedly having sex with prostitutes in a Nazi themed roleplay?

Are you?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy