Schumacher gets a podium

Posted by Nemesis78 
Re: Schumacher gets a podium
Date: March 29, 2008 03:30PM
Posted by: Muks_C
there was an article in F1 Racing a couple of issues ago, in which they talked about the planned return to F1 by Mercedes running their own team, to bring back the Silver Arrows, with MS as their lead driver. but it all fell apart in '91, so MS went to Jordan and then Benetton.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: March 29, 2008 03:51PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
IWE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here is scale models of that DTM car if somebody
> is interested:
> [cgi.ebay.de]
> vo2-DTM-1991-Schumacher_W0QQitemZ170204016459QQihZ
> 007QQcategoryZ99894QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZVi
> ewItem and here:
> [cgi.ebay.de]-
> NORISRING-OVP-MSC-2-PMA_W0QQitemZ250228744095QQihZ
> 015QQcategoryZ223QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZView
> Item
>
> Also I wasnt able to find pic of actual car..

Interesting diecasts. Minichamps Schumacher collection contains a lot of cars he tested, but never raced. So I am interested in seeing what happened in this car, as DTM seems to have lost any information on it.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: March 29, 2008 06:22PM
Posted by: IWE
"1991 - WSPC/Sauber-Mercedes DTM from Norisring onwards Formula 1: Jordan-Ford (debut at Spa, Belgium) Formula 1: Benetton-Ford (remaining 5 Grandprix), 12th, 4 points"

Like link on last page shows.. But could be also bit more clearly writed (and also with somekind results). :/

EDIT:

DTM Finland says he did drive 4 races.. [www.dtmsuomi.com]

And it also says that Mattias Ekström talked with MS in Race Of Champions competition and was asking him to come back to DTM and jokes that seems like MS sends first his brother to see whatkind driving in DTM is and will follow after it.

And if watching 1991 season standings he is listed in there.. Without even 1 single point. [www.driverdb.com]

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2008 06:33PM by IWE.
Date: March 29, 2008 09:09PM
Posted by: tripleM
Put it this way, considering Schumacher's rather average to put it mildly performances in DTM (as much as can be deduced from competing in 3 rounds) it is very surprising that he was pretty fast in sports cars.

I would guess that he wasn't being modest when he said that he needed to see the wheels at the 2007 RoC.

Date: March 30, 2008 03:42PM
Schumacher finished 4th today in KTM Trophy race in Misano. He did also make 2nd fastest laptime of the race and in qualifying he was 3rd.

:)

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: March 30, 2008 08:38PM
Posted by: chet
tripleM Wrote:
> Put it this way, considering Schumacher's rather
> average to put it mildly performances in DTM (as
> much as can be deduced from competing in 3 rounds)
> it is very surprising that he was pretty fast in
> sports cars.
>
> I would guess that he wasn't being modest when he
> said that he needed to see the wheels at the 2007
> RoC.

How can a group c racer producing well over 2,500 kg of downforce be compared to a car derived from a roadcar even if loosley?

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: March 30, 2008 11:57PM
Posted by: tripleM
Schumacher still needs to see the wheels ;-)

Date: April 03, 2008 12:14AM
Posted by: JPM2002
Schumi did race in the DTM in that green/white Mercedes. He even got into (very shueyesque) some controversy by allegedly punting off BMW man Johnny Cecotto, to give the race (or even title, can't remember) to his teammate Roland Asch.

That's what I know about it.

From 1988 to 1992 Cecotto competed in the Deutsche Tourenwagen Meisterschaft (DTM, German Touring Car Championship). Driving a Schnitzer Motorsport BMW M3, he finished as runner up in the 1990 season. The unknown youngster Michael Schumacher, who drove for the Mercedes junior team and participated only as a guest, probably cost him the championship by crashing into Cecotto's car during the first lap.

from wikipedia search Johnny Cecotto
Date: April 03, 2008 12:19AM
Posted by: JPM2002

&feature=related
Date: April 04, 2008 08:48PM
Pretty cool.. [planetf1.com] :)

Date: April 04, 2008 09:02PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
JPM2002 Wrote:
>

&feature
> =related

Bloody hell. He didn't even attempt to make the corner, and just aimed directly at Cecotto!

I read an interview with Zanardi about a F3 accident, I think at Le Mans (Bugatti?) where Schumacher crashed at the start, then delibratly drove the car BACK onto the track, parked it in the middle, and got out, hoping for a red flag. Zanardi said he lost all respect for him that day :-\

Thanks for that DTM info IWE.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 04, 2008 11:07PM
Posted by: n00binio
although i´m a schumacher fan i have to admit that he tried something similar at the a1 ring in 2000 after that 1st corner crash.
Date: April 04, 2008 11:32PM
Yea.. He tried to make people beleave that there should be red flag.. But he didnt park the car (unlike for example in monaco 2 years ago).

Anyway.. Many people does samekind stuff not only him. I dont like thiskind actions and I also dont respect for example Senna even bit more than MS because also he did similiar crappy stuff.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy