Re: Portugal to build new venue
Date: February 13, 2008 08:13PM
Posted by: danm
because half of them probably are...

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: February 13, 2008 08:33PM
Posted by: NunoEspadinha
We still don't know what will happen to the Estoril track... One governor said that both of them have their own space in the motorsport thingy..

-----------------------------
Virtual-Games.com: [www.virtual-games.com]
Virtual-Games.com Racing Team: [racing.virtual-games.com]

Date: February 13, 2008 11:22PM
Posted by: kardoso
the Estoril track was for sale not a long time ago and no one wanted to buy it, this algarve track it's a great oportunity to bring back some of the most important championships. And being in Algarve it will be a great test track, because it's in the south and in the winter the temperatures are nice, it rarely rains.
Date: February 14, 2008 07:50PM
Posted by: TheMaster170
danm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> because half of them probably are...

you need a new pair of glasses! or start to look to your own country! i live in Portugal and there are plenty good looking ladys! And they don't talk like boys! besides the eye exam, get an ear exam too!

Back to the future of the Estoril track subject, there have been some reunions about it! we will get more news in a near future!
Date: February 21, 2008 07:58PM
Posted by: damunoz
it looks like a mix of barcelona/bahrain/Istambul/Monza... ;)

Back to basics... I feel like a newbie! hahahahaa!!!
Date: March 07, 2008 05:54PM
Posted by: ElioDeProst
Hi all,

I'm also from Portugal and this is the first time I've heard of this. That's what I pay for being away from F1 since it was licensed to a subscriber TV channel :-(

Anyhow, my first reaction was, like many others: Damn, it's Estoril again! No Parabólica, but a long straight with a turn to the right and then a middle section that remind the old one a lot. Well, never mind.

But by the way, who is this Tilike I've read so much about above?

Also, I would very much like to see a GP in Portugal again, but with the general trend of F1 moving OUT from Europe, I really do not believe it will be achieved. Of course, if they dump Bernie before :-D

Funny how we hear so many complains here about the millions spent in stadia for the football euro in 2004 and still no one has heard about this track. But to be fair, I don't have an idea of the 200 M€ compared to what the stadia cost.

Alex
Date: March 07, 2008 07:19PM
Posted by: flat tyre
Hermann Tilke is the man behind most of the new tracks - Malaysia, new Hockenheim, Bahrain, China, and Turkey. Hardly anybody likes what he does - his tracks are usually very boring!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: March 07, 2008 07:27PM
Posted by: TheMaster170
ElioDeProst Wrote:
> Funny how we hear so many complains here about the
> millions spent in stadia for the football euro in
> 2004 and still no one has heard about this track.

I wouldn't say no one has heard about the track. It was on the newspapers and on the news... Even Carlos Checa was here for the opening of the construction.

> That's what I pay for being away from F1 since it was licensed to a subscriber TV channel

It sucks for people who don't have subscriber TV Channel ;) (just kidding)... But when it was on RTP 1 we could only see the qualifying and the races, now we can see every practice :D
Date: March 10, 2008 04:15PM
Posted by: ElioDeProst
TheMaster170 Wrote:
> ElioDeProst Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----

> It sucks for people who don't have subscriber TV
> Channel ;) (just kidding)... But when it was on
> RTP 1 we could only see the qualifying and the
> races, now we can see every practice :D

Yeah, but during those sessions on RTP1 I kept up to date with their comments on what was happening. Since then, I've lost the touch with it all. Almost...
Date: October 25, 2008 08:39PM
Posted by: airefresco
Well, this track now officially has a test date,

"Portugal’s new Autodromo Internacional Algarve circuit will stage its first Formula One test in December, with McLaren and Honda among those due to attend.

The 4.7-kilometre track, which gained FIA approval earlier this month, is hoping to become a major F1 testing venue capable of rivalling the popular Jerez and Barcelona circuits in neighbouring Spain.

Situated on Portugal’s southern coast, the Algarve Motor Park (its official English translation) features a variable circuit layout and a high-tech sprinkler system able to simulate a wide range of wet-weather track conditions.

The Formula One circuit is just one element of the venue, whose plans also include a technology park, go-kart track, hotel and apartments and a sports complex.

Its inaugural F1 test is scheduled for December 15-17."

From formula1.com
Date: October 26, 2008 04:05AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
yes, i wonder if they will try and get a race at some point.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: October 26, 2008 01:58PM
Posted by: Fincent
It will be interesting to see what the sprinkler system is like. Who knows, if it's reliable and successful, it might get installed on other tracks to spice up the racing ;-)

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Date: November 02, 2008 03:24PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
just seen the SBK Race 1 and Supersport Race. On paper, you would say, bad track, but in real, it's a great race track. It goes up and down. Looks like a smaller version of Istanbul Park.
Date: November 02, 2008 03:24PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
do you think it would be condusive to overtaking?

X (@ed24f1)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy