> -----
> > The RA 108 doesn't look like it has the aero
> > pieces on it wait till Barcalona then we will
> > really Know where all the teams stand
>
>
> no we don't know because Ferrari and Toyota won't
> be there .

And so? we could see if they are fast because of the lap times...

Re: Honda RA 108
Date: January 29, 2008 10:06AM
Posted by: mika19b
Honda's new livery revealed.

Picture's from Official Honda Racing website.

They have managed to make a worse livery than last year! :/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2008 10:08AM by mika19b.
Date: January 29, 2008 10:14AM
Posted by: chet
I love it !

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: January 29, 2008 10:14AM
Posted by: Nickv
Ewwww...easily the ugliest car of the decade...
Date: January 29, 2008 10:16AM
Posted by: TC
Looks like they couldn't be bothered to stick the whole sticker on so they just cut bits out.
Date: January 29, 2008 10:21AM
Posted by: Razorsedge
Crikey. That is a shocker. It's like the B.M.W. raped the Earth Car in the carpark and didn't use contraception....

...or a visual artist.

Date: January 29, 2008 10:37AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
lmao. Thats awful.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: January 29, 2008 10:38AM
Posted by: brnco
I second that. looks like you have infected other forum members with your foul language.

are you blind? -no, I'm deaf, can't you see? -no, I'm blind.
Date: January 29, 2008 10:38AM
[www.autosport.com]

By Jonathan Noble and Pablo Elizalde Tuesday, January 29th 2008, 11:33 GMT

Ross Bran with the Honda RA108Honda Racing cannot afford any more mistakes in Formula One following their dismal 2007 season, the team's chairman Yasuhiro Wada said during the official launch of the 2008 car.

The team scored their maiden victory in 2006 but then suffered a big slump in form last year, going on to score just six points on their way to eighth place in the standings.

Since then, Honda have been on a recruitment drive to strengthen their team and are now aiming to bounce back in 2008.

"As you know last season was very difficult and disappointing year for us," said Wada during the launch of the RA108.

"But that is now behind us. At Honda we always ask people to challenge to the limit, the highest target, and never to fear making a mistake. Mistakes are natural things when you are targeting high, but I only accept that once.

"The more important thing is to learn from mistakes we made and move forward. And that is the aim for this year. This year with some new faces and new ideas we must move forward. I am very pleased with the new steps that have been put in place.

"This new car is a big evolution from last year and we also have evolution of the marketing concept as well. This year we hope to deliver the many Honda fans around the world with improved performance, as we follow our racing dreams."

Team boss Nick Fry said Honda have gone through a process of "accelerated evolution" in order to return to the sharp end of the field in just one year.

"2007 was a year that failed to meet expectations," said Fry. "As a result of that there have been big changes in the team in the last six months. It is what I call accelerated evolution.

"The whole design philosophy of the car is different, it is different in every aspect. When we get to Melbourne every part on the car will be different from what we had last year."

Honda have secured the services of former Ferrari technical director Ross Brawn, who will be the Japanese squad's team principal following a sabbatical in 2007.

Brawn said Honda's goal for the season was to make steady improvement.

"Our ambitions are to progress positively. As long as we progress we will be happy," he said. "We want to get back to respectable points scoring positions. We have huge potential in different areas, in Japan and Brackley. My aim is to pull that together.

"The team obviously had a very difficult year last year and they have had an extremely intelligent response to the problems we had," added Brawn. "The difficulty with last year's car was that it produced a lot of downforce but it was in a very aggressive way.

"The focus on this car has been to make sure we produce the aero downforce in a more friendly way, a more usable way. We have also slimmed down the chassis, changed some of the layout for the car to give it more potential, particularly with aero development in the future, because it is going to be a very intensive season of development for us.

"There are a lot of new ideas, and we wanted a car that could accept a wide variety of changes through the season.

"The car you see here is very much a base spec, which was established back in October/November and you will see over the next few months before we get to Melbourne some quite dramatic changes in the car - a new engine cover, new floor, new wings, new bargeboards and area around there. So this is very much a starting spec and there is a good programme before Melbourne."

The car, which made its testing debut at Valencia last week, sported a white colour scheme, with an image of the Earth on the back. It is part of Honda Racing's new 'Earthdreams' concept, where they will help support environmental projects.

Honda used a unique car livery in 2007, featuring a satellite image of the earth and without any sponsors decals, in order to raise awareness of environmental problems.

So its still a ickle baby extremley early in her development :)

edit - it sure is nicer than sticking with the same thing though.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2008 10:43AM by chet.
Date: January 29, 2008 10:39AM
Posted by: Frantic
I don´t like the colours, its something conmbined between the 2007 car and the colours of their first races in the 60s:

IN ONE WORD: UUUUUUUUUUGLYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!

;);)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2008 10:40AM by Frantic.
Date: January 29, 2008 10:53AM
It seems the irony of all this is lost on Honda. Still haven't caught on that trying to advertise a "green" and "eco-friendly" message on a fuel guzzling, CO2 spewing F1 car is at worst pretty insulting to the fans and at best, hilariously ironic.

Same as last year. Couldn't secure a primary sponsor so have went for the "We care about the Earth" story. Sure you do. Sure you do.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: January 29, 2008 10:58AM
Posted by: gav
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So its still a ickle baby extremley early in her
> development :)

So are all the other cars.

chet Wrote:
> edit - it sure is nicer than sticking with the
> same thing though.

I never thought I'd say this, but in this case, it's not. It's just an unchoreographed mess in my opinion.
Date: January 29, 2008 10:58AM
Posted by: bestobritish
I like it from the front but the side on view is one of the worst liverys ive ever seen. It just looks like they couldnt be bothered to do a decent job on it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: January 29, 2008 10:59AM
Posted by: NeilPearson
oh god thats the funniest @#$%& i ever seen

Date: January 29, 2008 10:59AM
gav Wrote:
> chet Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > edit - it sure is nicer than sticking with the
> > same thing though.
>
> I never thought I'd say this, but in this case,
> it's not. It's just an unchoreographed mess in my
> opinion.

Reminds me of the 1996 Benetton. The rear up till the cockpit had some thought in it, then they just got bored and painted the rest white.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: January 29, 2008 11:01AM
Posted by: gary42
It could be worse. I don't know how, but I'm sure it could

Date: January 29, 2008 11:06AM
gary42 Wrote:
> It could be worse. I don't know how, but I'm sure
> it could

They could have plastered it with random colours

Funny that it's another Honda livery.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: January 29, 2008 11:15AM
edited because it means nothing. and of course people will still fail to see hondas message.

And Gav - actually the concept for most of the cars were thought of at about the start of the european season. Remember Honda tried to develop the RA107 to the last race.

edit - the car they used at the chinese gp was not that nice actually.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2008 03:01PM by chet.
Date: January 29, 2008 11:16AM
Posted by: dangermouseaix
At least it´s a rather simple (yet shokingly ugly) livery, AND a very old fashioned carshape (williams and arrows) so we could hope there will be a first release for the 2008 honda by january 2010 LOL (...you really can´t ask for a quicker release )*sarcasm for those who haven´t spotted it*
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy