Niki Lauda talks about the rookies

Posted by kv88 
Niki Lauda talks about the rookies
Date: January 02, 2008 11:55PM
Posted by: kv88
A season preview wouldn't be a season preview without the opinion of Lauda. The Austrian had his comments on the rookies that will be at the start of the Australian GP.

PIQUET JR. -> The best rookie, not only because he has a better car than the others. He will make life as difficult for Alonso as Hamilton did.

BOURDAIS -> Will have to forget his Champcar titles as he'll be racing in the back now.

NAKAJIMA -> Quick, but will have to be more careful when entering the pits... But promising

GLOCK -> Will struggle with the Toyota.

Not very interesting comments but I thought I'd post it anyway as I didn't see it elsewhere at GPG ;) Though Glock is not really a rookie actually, and Nakajima neither if you want to be correct :)

Re: Niki Lauda talks about the rookies
Date: January 03, 2008 12:51AM
Posted by: casabonka
I cant see Bourdais going all to well, although Villenueve and I spose Montoya done well going from CART to F1, not many other people have done too well.
Date: January 03, 2008 12:56AM
Posted by: Frantic
But they entered F1 with good cars, both with Williams. But the last races STR improved a lot, so I think that we should wait to the Aussie GP and see the how the new Toro Rosso works :)

Date: January 03, 2008 04:16AM
Posted by: Renault#1Fan
May have to wait Toro Rosso said they were going to start the season with last years car.
Date: January 03, 2008 05:44AM
Posted by: Guimengo
As much as I want Nelsinho to succeed I cannot deny that Lauda is one of those guys who speaks a lot of garbage. Picking Nakajima over Hamilton? I still prefer Nico's first race. Glock already drove in F1 and was amazing how he didn't crash with the car control he displayed, never seen that many corrections even counting Felipe Massa in 2002. And despite Bourdais' age he'll be a rookie too but let's see how he fares when he can't be a spoiled person who wants everything his way.
Date: January 03, 2008 06:13AM
Posted by: Red_Bull
Niki Lauda's opinion is not worth a single second of my time.

Date: January 03, 2008 07:59AM
Posted by: Peat
Bourdaid will have his arse served to him on a plate by Vettel.

One of the 1st times i agree with Niki....

Date: January 03, 2008 08:18AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
I'll listen to Laudas opinion when he thanks the drivers who saved his life at the Nurburgring. Until then he needs to shut the f**k up.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: January 03, 2008 09:46AM
Posted by: Ferrari_Enzo
Well said :-)
Date: January 03, 2008 05:31PM
Posted by: mikef1
Niki is great to listen to when recounting tales of his old racing days but his opinions of current F1 are all pretty much worth ignoring.
Date: January 03, 2008 05:42PM
Posted by: Red_Bull
I read his book To Hell and Back. An exercise in self indulgency if I ever saw one.

Date: January 05, 2008 02:46PM
Posted by: razgriz
this grandpa has changed,maybe his brain damaged on nurburgring crash burn,thats why he too weird now adays,he just say a miracle
Date: January 05, 2008 07:05PM
Posted by: Nickv
Can Niki Lauda just stop talking?
Date: January 05, 2008 09:15PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Maybe if Duct Tape sponsors him we can get it not only on his hat but his mouth as well :p
Date: January 05, 2008 09:25PM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
Red_Bull Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I read his book To Hell and Back. An exercise in
> self indulgency if I ever saw one.

And I'm reading his book "The Art And Science of Grand Prix Driving"and it's DAMN GOOD in my opinion.

Look, I put Lauda in the same category as Nigel Mansell when it comes to his critique of modern day F1, i.e. pointless drivel, but I didn't see too much in these latest comments out of the ordinary to be honest. Certainly nothing to bring out the vitriol displayed in this thread.

My God, you would think he just outed Jenson Button or something...;)

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy