Michael Schumacher - now a cab driver?

Posted by autogyro 
Michael Schumacher - now a cab driver?
Date: December 12, 2007 05:16AM
Posted by: autogyro
[www.news.com.au]

"

SEVEN-time Formula One world champion Michael Schumacher shocked a cab driver by taking over the wheel to get to an airport on time for a flight.

Schumacher flew into the aerodrome at the Bavarian town of Coburg on Saturday and took a taxi to the village of Gehuelz, 30km away, to pick up a new puppy - an Australian sheep dog called Ed.

But when the 38-year-old, plus his wife and two children, caught a taxi back to the airport they were short on time and, after a polite request, cab driver Tuncer Yilmaz watched in wonder as Schumacher took the wheel.

"I found myself in the passenger seat, which was strange enough, but to have "Schumi" behind the wheel of my cab was incredible," Mr Yilmaz told the Muenchner Abendzeitung.

"He drove at full throttle around the corners and overtook in some unbelievable places."

Mr Yilmaz was well rewarded for the unusual journey - on top of the €60 ($100) fare, he was also given a €100 tip. "

Nice little story.
Re: Michael Schumacher - now a cab driver?
Date: December 12, 2007 07:59AM
Posted by: calimbo
I was going to make a thread too, but i was going to say "M Schumacher drove my cab!!!"

Date: December 12, 2007 08:11AM
Posted by: IL Dottore
That is just Awesome!!!!!

Magic Senna
Date: December 12, 2007 09:56AM
Posted by: marcl
Is that a good messege to be sending out, speeding on public roads?
Date: December 12, 2007 10:00AM
Posted by: vesuvius
so Schumi put his family and cab driver in danger like that? :s not very well done... quite dissapointed on him now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2007 10:01AM by vesuvius.
Date: December 12, 2007 10:06AM
Posted by: gav
marcl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is that a good messege to be sending out, speeding
> on public roads?

At no point did it say he was speeding.
Date: December 12, 2007 10:14AM
If I have taken it wrong then sorry but when I read

"He drove at full throttle around the corners and overtook in some unbelievable places."

To me that is not clever thats all.
Date: December 12, 2007 10:18AM
Posted by: IWE
Like he would have really driven flat out or done something really dangerous.. lol

Anyway overspeeding is not good thing. But just as example in Finland about 2/3 part of all drivers are overspeeding. And I wud like to remind that its not difficult to find F1 driver who have been in troubles with police because of overspeeding.. Salo, Button, Berger (who did even forget many times to use seatbelts), Senna, Mansell, Hill, Prost, Farina,.. Nastiest stories tell that Schumi and Frentzen did even race on streets on early 90s..

And specially you 2 (marcl and vesuvius) should remember drunk driving of your favourite driver. Ok, some media was finally turned to say that those stories werent true like also that he never tasted alcohol in his life. And that wasnt only time when he was caught from drunk driving..

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2007 10:20AM by IWE.
Date: December 12, 2007 10:19AM
clearly he was speeding and did put his family and other drivers in danger...and Kimi has never driven a car when drunk,you have no proofs about that :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2007 10:22AM by vesuvius.
Date: December 12, 2007 10:26AM
Posted by: IWE
Well.. Nobody have also any better proves about Schumis' overspeeding. ;-)

I beleave these news about MS might be true. Like I also cud easily beleave those news about Kimi..

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: December 12, 2007 10:31AM
Posted by: IL Dottore
LOL Why are people always moaning about these things..

Isnt it great when u are a cab driver, and Schumi takes over the wheel..
If I where a cab driver I dream about that ;).. Glad that I aint a cab driver ;)

Magic Senna
Date: December 12, 2007 11:48AM
vesuvius Wrote:
> clearly he was speeding and did put his family and
> other drivers in danger...

Driving dangerously is only driving beyond your own capability and that of others. We don't know that he went blasting through traffic or screaming around corners of which he had no idea of what was around the other side, only that he went faster than the cab driver himself said he would go. He wasn't driving beyond his capabilities, and we don't know at all that he put any other lives in danger.

Speeding, at least in this country, is going beyond the maximum limit, and we don't know that MS did that.
Date: December 12, 2007 01:07PM
Posted by: gin
If I was that cab driver I would be pissed off. Schumacher was in a hurry to pick up a dog?!

Date: December 12, 2007 01:11PM
Posted by: casabonka
I cant make a comment on this, coz im shaking my head at people having a whinge...

Im sure a 7 time world champ has a bit of confidence behind a motorcar.. being a cab id imagine nothing with more that 100bhp...

Anyway.. he gave him a $100 Euro tip according to ITV-f1.com

Go Schumi
Date: December 12, 2007 01:35PM
gav Wrote:
> vesuvius Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > clearly he was speeding and did put his family
> and
> > other drivers in danger...
>
> Driving dangerously is only driving beyond your
> own capability and that of others. We don't know
> that he went blasting through traffic or
> screaming around corners of which he had no idea
> of what was around the other side, only that he
> went faster than the cab driver himself said he
> would go. He wasn't driving beyond his
> capabilities, and we don't know at all that he put
> any other lives in danger.
>
> Speeding, at least in this country, is going
> beyond the maximum limit, and we don't know that
> MS did that.

yeah that could be ...but just because he is Michael and 7 times world champion in Formula 1 doesn't give hime a right to break law ...everyone can go fast with a car but everyone has to respect law :) and just because he is good in F1 doesn't mean he is better than the rest of us on a road with "normal" people.but well we don't have proofs that he did break law ...even though cab drivers usually do so ;p

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2007 01:36PM by vesuvius.
Date: December 12, 2007 01:39PM
Posted by: Fincent
On the German Autobahn, there is no speed limit :) so if he was there then he could do any speed he wanted to. He wouldn't drive recklessley imo, just drive fast. And if he needed to slow down, he would slow down. It's not like he's going to barge ordinary motorists out of his way. Fellow F1 racing drivers, yes ( ;) ) but not his fellow countrymen lol.

Give the guy a break :)

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Date: December 12, 2007 01:40PM
vesuvius Wrote:
> yeah that could be ...but just because he is
> Michael and 7 times world champion in Formula 1
> doesn't give hime a right to break law...everyone
> can go fast with a car but everyone has to respect
> law :) and just because he is good in F1 doesn't
> mean he is better than the rest of us on a road
> with "normal" people.but well we don't have proofs
> that he did break law ...even though cab drivers
> usually do so ;p

I've said enough times on this forum already that I absolutely detest speeding. I can never understand it, so I'm not supporting that if he did it in any way. What I am saying is we don't know that he did. Others can assume so if they like, but I'm going to assume otherwise until it's stated so.
Date: December 12, 2007 01:41PM
Its the other people on the road though that could have been in trouble. Say a car moved a bit that he was over taking etc.

I bet MS is not that happy the cab driver said all this, ms is on the road saftey thing and its not a good example thats all i meant by my comment.
Date: December 12, 2007 01:41PM
@gav

totally agree with you ,I can't blame Michael either because we don't really know what he did or didn't do.
Date: December 12, 2007 02:15PM
Posted by: red 5
[news.yahoo.com]

well we know:

QUOTE: "He drove at full throttle around the corners and over-took in some unbelievable places."

...around the corners... definately not the "autobahn" /highway as highway has no corners
just a long sweeps that are in fact straights.
so it has to be some sort of
2nd degree public road if not even populated area public road.

...unbelievable places... =dangerous places? might be. Might be a scissors situation as far as we know.

so we do not exactly know what happened but we can suppose it was dangerous driving.

Infact if it was highway, cab driver would have been capable of driving faster.

I'm 90% sure it wasn't highway.

and full throttle on anything that isn't highway is dangerous driving not to mention breaking the law.
Unless you are driving Piaggio scooter.

I'm not saying that if he drove as i think he drove that he drove above his limit, it is not the
question of limit, it's about showing example. i am sure that they were all safe during that ride.
But 7 times WC must be aware that he is sending wrong message. If not MS than his PR definately should
be aware of that. This was a big mistake from his PR. They should have deny it

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy