Remember the Old Hockenheim..... *Disturbing Images*

Posted by Lanky-Lad 
[www.f1traveller.com]

:(

"Treat others with respect and you too will be respected." Oac - ed'c dnia - E ys yldiymmo drec cyt. :)
I like your site, Lanky-Lad!

It's a very sad point of veiw, but i have to agree with you.

All the great layout tracks are fading slowly (The only lefts are SPA and Suzuka). I miss old tracks like Buenos Aires, Monza, Silverstone, Kyalami, Silverstone... They had some kind of strange magic that the new ones haven't! :(

-----------------------------------------------------

i was watching my review of F1 season 2001 and when it got to the old hockenhiem it was AWESOME

seeing the slipstreaming and racing down those huge straights

i dont think bernie or FIA can EVER be forgiven for ruining such a great circuit.

it was digusting. an insult to F1

Re: Remember the Old Hockenheim..... *Disturbing Images*
Date: April 06, 2004 06:21AM
Posted by: chet
After seeing those great (but very sad) pictures you have made me feel very angry at Bernie and the FIA.

I mean Bernie wants racing doesnt he? What better place to find it than at the Old Hockenhiem curcuit, these new modern tracks are great but cant and will never be as great as the old great ones!!

I mean driving through a dark forest at 220MPH+, well Bernie by loosing all these greats (Kyalami, Old Hockenhiem, Old nurburbring, Silverstone, Imola (my opinion), and possibly Spa) you are doing more damage to F1 than MS 's domination.

And anyway why is it being demolished?? How could they kill a part of F1??

I like your site, it brought back some good memories, (although only 15, nearly 16) I can remember some great racing there.
I like your site, Lanky-Lad!

It's not his site.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 06, 2004 08:25AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
disturbing? sorry but how can u find it 'disturbing' :|

disturbing would be if there was an injured person lying there or something, not the concrete taken away... :o

Very sad to see it gone, I loved the old circuit and was gutted to see it altered. It was a track for daring drivers who would race side by side on a thin strip of tarmac at 200+mph. And it was also a track with unreliability as those monsterous BHP engines were hammered.
I wonder what would have happened at the old hockenheim with this new one engine rule ??? That could have added a new dimension to a grand prix.

only thing better than F1....... My dream for a PLAYBOY F1 championship!!!
It was a joke Chris. :)

"Treat others with respect and you too will be respected." Oac - ed'c dnia - E ys yldiymmo drec cyt. :)
Date: April 06, 2004 12:27PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
oh

well slap me round the face with a frozen trout! :)

*slap*

*ouch*

NO!!! Don't do that!!!!

Sims Mum won't be able to recognise you! :-o

the old track was something special, and could`t be compared with the other tracks. it was something special, like monaco is. but now, with all thouse trees, jim clark memorial will be lost too, because there will be only bush. very sad story about the hockeinheim track, indeed. for me, it was something special to wait for a hockeinheim race, because the track used to be different from the others, but now it`s the "same" ass most of the other tracks. :(

Oh my god they dug it up:(

I think i'm going to be sick
If Tilke does something like that to a track again, i say we take action. We shall fight them on the beaches, we shall fight them in the hills....
(Sorry, i was watching a wwII Docu on telly last night...)

I don't think Tilke can be held responsible for burying the old track. Still, it is a great shame that they did that, especially since the new track isn't a patch on the previous one. There really was nothing quite like the "old" Hockenheimring.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
No no, i mean he can be held responsible for the sad waste of space that is the new track.
I can't believe they dug it up.
I was waiting for them to all realise in two years time that the new one is shite and that they'd be better off reverting to the old one.

in 30 years time were going to talk about the "Old hockemhiem" the same way older people talk about the "Old Nurburging" today....

[www.kraftwerk.com]
Yup. :(

That was really sad to see, i stood at the Jim Clark Curve in 1993 and watched the race, and had a look at the memorial, think of all the classic f1 that has happened at that corner and now it is just a dust track, with Jim Clarks memorial in the middle of nowhere with no-one going to see it.....the whole thing is disgusting, it is another case of get rid of the great tracks and bring in more designed by that guy who did Malaysia.

I was watching the race on Sunday and they were all saying 'oh what a great track' i was thinking...'its crap' its just boring, nothing special at all, clearly Brundle, Allen etc. will say its great they were getting great treatment there from the people who ran the event...i mean they were arse licking so much, did you see Bundle on the grid walk with that nervous grin arse licking the 'king' or whoever he was.... god the way he was crawling it was yes sir three bag fulls sir *puke*, obviously Brundle has a nice 1st class room there.

slowly and surely they are doing their best to remove f1 from any resembelence it had 10 years ago and spoil the classic tracks as well as other things....f1 is a very sad reflection to the fantastic sport i fell in love with and started watching in 1991..:(

=====================================

Please visit my brand new website [www.grandprixblogger.com] for everything Formula One. Here you will find my motorsport galleries as as well as the latest F1 news, classic F1 reviews and polls on the latest happenings in the world of F1.

My First Single Seater Drive: Formula
Audi, Brands Hatch Feb. '04
Hockenheim was never a great track IMO (cant remember who said it but one quote is "i'll always remember Hockenheim as the unimaginative track that killed Jim Clark";) but it did usually produce a decent race and they should preserve it to keep at least some history that this sport has lost so much of. They better build a path to the Clark memorial of something just leaving it in the middle of the forest would be a disgrace to probably the greatest F1 driver of all time

It is a disgrace.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy