Ferrari lawyer comments on McLaren appeal

Posted by Renault#1Fan 
Ferrari lawyer comments on McLaren appeal
Date: November 16, 2007 06:12AM
Posted by: Renault#1Fan
From GPUpdate.net

Ferrari's lawyer has warned the FIA's International Court of Appeal that McLaren's appeal against the decision of Brazilian Grand Prix stewards not to penalise BMW and Williams for a fuel irregularity could have serious consequences for the sport's reputation.

"It would be a serious injustice to Kimi Raikkonen if the championship was taken away from him," Reuters quoted Ferrari lawyer Nigel Tozzi as saying. "It would be highly damaging for the sport if the title was to be won this way with the fans probably feeling its was more about grubby manoeuvring by the lawyers than skill behind the wheel."

"As McLaren has always said, the championship should be decided on the track and not in the court room," he added.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I can say I hope Kimi keeps the title but this is a load of crap for Ferrari to say with the way they handle the McLaren situation. How did that not highly damage the sport?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2007 06:13AM by Renault#1Fan.
Re: Ferrari lawyer comments on McLaren appeal
Date: November 16, 2007 07:04AM
Posted by: Razorsedge
Because McLaren were guilty.

Date: November 16, 2007 08:02AM
Posted by: IWE
Anybody with eyes+brains should be able to see that layers of Ferrari are crying babies if compared to McLaren ones. Shouldnt be anything unclear with Hamilton getting the title today if that is only way how Ferrari is defencing. "Bad for sport" & "unfair for Kimi". lol.

McLaren people did show the proves, uses rule book for defencing their rights and also wants that these rules will be made 100% clear before FIA can play lottery or choose their personal favourite as champion again.

I have said this also before but anyway.. Giving title to Hamilton (who earned it in first place anyway) wouldnt harm F1 more than letting Kimi to keep it. It was maybe mistake to give it at all after thiskind season.

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: November 16, 2007 08:12AM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
I think you dont now how it will harm f1, many f1 fans will turn their back to f1, ecclestone has said he will leave, many of you think hes a twat, but i think he IS important for the sport. And why does Hamilton deserve it? he had no penalty all season, just like kimi, he screwed it up him self.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2007 08:23AM by Iceman-Kimi.
Date: November 16, 2007 08:43AM
Iceman-Kimi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think you dont now how it will harm f1, many f1
> fans will turn their back to f1, ecclestone has
> said he will leave, many of you think hes a twat,
> but i think he IS important for the sport. And why
> does Hamilton deserve it? he had no penalty all
> season, just like kimi, he screwed it up him self.

Yeap. Bernie is really important person for F1. But he wouldnt leave anyway. Just threatning to manipulate desision what will be done today.

Real F1 fans wouldnt find anything what could replace F1 anyway.. In some parts of world cart and similiar series might be somekind replacement but there is nothing so huge really.

Hamilton lost thx to embarassing mistakes at end of season. But once again if we open the rule book we see clearly that those 2 drivers should have been dropped out from results. And that means Hamilton wud have been the champion. Its not Hamiltons' mistake that it was already told by FIA that that those 2 cars was against rules and they will be dropped out.

He should have been crowned as champion already in Brazil but FIA did turn jacket on last minute and claim that "they cannot trust to information about temperatures". Their mistake should be solved now. It doesnt matter is it embarassing or not!

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: November 16, 2007 08:46AM
Yes, but as it was known the teams used meteo results for the temperature, and the fia the fom temperature, but the meteo results where some degrees less then the fom, and in the rule book there isnt a rule that they MUST use the fom temperatures, so if they used the meteo results they wouldnt be illegal anyway, so it was just a mistake of the rule book.

Date: November 16, 2007 08:55AM
Posted by: Nickv
@ IWE: If you look at it that way, then Hamilton should've been DQ'ed for the spy saga. But he wasn't, so those cars shouldn't be DQ´ed either. Probably constructor points will be taken away.

No matter how much I wanted Hamilton to win the title, if he wins it this way, it´d be a disgrace.
Date: November 16, 2007 10:26AM
Posted by: gav
IWE Wrote:
> Real F1 fans wouldnt find anything what could
> replace F1 anyway.. In some parts of world cart
> and similiar series might be somekind replacement
> but there is nothing so huge really.

Real F1 fans are fans of motorsport, not just F1.
Date: November 16, 2007 10:36AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Anybody with eyes+brains should be able to see that layers of Ferrari are crying babies if compared to McLaren ones.

I call bullsh*t. The McLaren lawyer said yesterday that if a team is disqualified from a race then the drivers should also be disqualified. However it seems this useless excuse of a lawyer hadn't been paying attention to McLarens season. If drivers are to be DQed from races that teams are removed from, the McLaren drivers would both be removed from the Hungarian GP, giving Kimi and even bigger lead in the Championship. And since McLaren were DQed from the entire 2007 season, using McLarens own argument, both Lewis and Alonso should be removed from the entire season.

Anybody with eyes and brains can see that McLaren are playing the double standards just as bad as Ferrari have.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: November 16, 2007 12:20PM
Posted by: zulu_85
Even though for me Ferrari have a while to go before they can reclaim any sort of moral high ground regarding anything...their lawyers are right. Well maybe in their words "McLaren are naked opportunitists" I'd say "Pot, kettle..." but it's true that Hamilton lost the championship on the track, for various reasons, Kimi shouldn't lose the championship in the courts. And to agree with the above post, McLaren's lawyers really can't argue that the BMW and Williams drivers should be DQed along with their team because it really would be hypocracy and double standards. If anything comes of it, it should either be a fine or removal of points from the team - maybe even from the drivers - but they're not going to change the results.
And if they don't DQ the drivers, I'm not going to claim Ferrari bias this time, or called the FIA "Ferrari's Interests, Always"...um...like I usually do...
Date: November 16, 2007 02:27PM
Posted by: Covfan
Anyone who thinks for a second that the FIA will do anything to possibly annoy Ferrari and "unannoy" Mclaren is mad tbh.
Date: November 16, 2007 03:30PM
Posted by: stipe
I think that nothing (big) is going to happend. Whole season was tainted and change champion after end of season it just not going to happen (wantet it or not!). By my opinion the whole spy-saga was ended with some sort 'agrement' between Ferrari and McLaren (to keep everybody happy).
This story is just another 'shaking the hills, mouse was born!' ;)
Date: November 16, 2007 08:54PM
Date: November 16, 2007 09:08PM
Posted by: danny87
[www.fia.com]

-----------------------------------------------

"When you begin in this sport you are given a chequebook. Every time you have a big one you must write a check to the angels. The trick is to finish your career before you empty the chequebook".
Date: November 16, 2007 09:28PM
Posted by: HakkF1
worst season ever
well Mclaren must shut up(me,Mclaren fan),i don't want Hamilton to win,but the lawyers are right,FIA didn't dissqualfy the cars because it will effect the title winner (whoever he was),but this is not how rules works.
and Ferrai are the last team to talk about intgrety.

==============================
Date: November 16, 2007 09:37PM
F1 = joke

F1 rules = even bigger joke

FIA = THE biggest joke of all

Date: November 16, 2007 09:40PM
IWE schreef:
> F1 = joke
>
> F1 rules = even bigger joke
>
> FIA = THE biggest joke of all

IWE = EVEN bigger joke then the FIA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2007 09:45PM by Iceman-Kimi.
Date: November 16, 2007 09:44PM
EDIT.......What ever boss.

Any ideas how to make FIA to re-create whole rule book?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2007 09:46PM by IWE.
Date: November 16, 2007 09:50PM
Posted by: Nickv
IWE schreef:
> F1 = joke
>
> F1 rules = even bigger joke
>
> FIA = THE biggest joke of all

Any arguments? (anti-fanboyism are not arguments)

The thing is, the teams used Meteo for the temps and the FIA used their own, both differed and so the FIA thought the cars were illegal. I think it's fair that it is as it is. It is a mistake in the rulebook that should be corrected.
Date: November 16, 2007 10:04PM
Posted by: marcl
All this shows is its fine to run illegal cars as long as its not a mclaren.

Ferrari, bmw and williams all finished ahead of mclaren this year with cars that were illegal.

Why did ferrari even have to comment though about this, they had nothing to do with this appeal.

So next year now its fine for fuel to be chilled.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy