Button will leave if Honda doesn't improve

Posted by kv88 
Button will leave if Honda doesn't improve
Date: November 11, 2007 09:57PM
Posted by: kv88
Jenson Button has warned Honda that if the team does not improve significantly next season, he will look for a drive elsewhere. The comments come at a critical time for the Honda team after a dismal season.

"The car was a complete dog and I'm not interested in racing like this any more," Button told the Mail on Sunday newspaper. "I remember after Hungary this year wanting to hit something. I won that race a year ago and now I was sitting in something undriveable."

"I have to start winning and if I don't then I have to be ruthless," Button added. "There's an option in my contract which means we can all sit down and discuss the future at the end of the season. I things don't work out that's exactly what I'll be doing."

"I'm not expecting to win the championship, but I do expect a dramatic improvement," he warned.

Not really the team player right... But obviously i can understand him!

Re: Button will leave if Honda doesn't improve
Date: November 11, 2007 10:42PM
Posted by: RonnyF1
It was about time.
Date: November 11, 2007 11:08PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
If you threaten to leave then you have to have a backup plan. What if Honda calls his bluff? Where is he going to go? There isn't exactly a lot of space on the grid at the moment, and there won't be for quite some time. Jensons stock isn't sky rocketing, and the contract issues will still be in the back of the minds of the people who have to deal with these sort of things.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: November 11, 2007 11:09PM
Posted by: Frantic
Imagine Button in BMW...

EDIT: or Super Aguri! ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2007 11:11PM by Frantic.
Date: November 11, 2007 11:25PM
Posted by: chet
'Not really the team player right.'

No.

But he has played that role for far too long.

Ive said it many a time, Honda or BAR dont deserve the results he has often given them. They continue to provide him and his team-mates with shabby equipment and yet alot of the time he can work wonders with it. Some of his 2005 races were outstanding, like this year alot of his performances by far exceeded the cars capabilities.

But where to go ?? BMW will be pretty content with Kubica and Nick for a few years.
Mclaren are probably going to settle on Hiekki and Lewis.
Ferrari, well, it could happen, he has proven quicker than Rubens, and thats the only measure they have for him. He is solid with now bags of experience.

I dont think he has peaked yet, he has continued to improve season by season, and looking back on some races in 2001 and 2002 just make me laugh how bad they were.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: November 11, 2007 11:40PM
I remember that in 2000 he had a great Gp at Belgium with Williams

Date: November 11, 2007 11:44PM
Posted by: chet
he made a silly mistake and hit Trulli.

he should have done better.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: November 12, 2007 03:19PM
But he finished ahead R. Schumacher several times... and RS in 2000 not was a bad driver

Date: November 12, 2007 04:30PM
Posted by: Renault#1Fan
chet, I would say BMW will be pretty content with Kubica, he really didn't live up to the hype this year. Nick got the better of him and I would say if BMW had any chance to get Alonso next year Kubica's would be out the door.
Date: November 12, 2007 10:55PM
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Ferrari, well, it could happen,

Alonso wants to go to Ferrari on 2009. Montezemolo likes Alonso

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy