Posted by Vader 
Re: Official Bahrain race SPOILER
Date: April 04, 2004 11:23AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
rofl zaz.... :):):)

Date: April 04, 2004 11:24AM
Posted by: ralphi
about the webber thingy... he did absolutly nothing wrong... i don't get it why you keep saying that it was dirty he did what anybody would do... he blocked... he kept his line when alonso was beside him... he did nothing wrong

Date: April 04, 2004 11:30AM
Posted by: Pooky
ralphi you sit in an F1 car and have a run on webber then pull out and get a wheel alongside only for him to move over and off the throttle, or for him to lift the throttle in a flat out section of the track

it is very bad driving, and i would be moening about it if it was button, schuey or anyone

its not big and its not clever.

Date: April 04, 2004 11:38AM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
But alonso wasn't alongside him, he was pulling out to overtake and was still behind him, if he was alongside him then they would have been both out of the race!! Fact is he didn't do anything illegal, pulled over, didn't move twice, blocked alonso..... tbh if Button did it I would say the same, same with MS, and I hate him, lol :)

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: April 04, 2004 11:39AM
Posted by: Mark
as an ms fan i'm delighted with the result,and it showed again why rubens is number 2 in the team as he was nowhere near michael again.a few mentions of webbers brake test and blocking of alonso as being something michael would do but i bet it wont warrant a thread of it's own purely cause it's not ms.
i know the temperature cooled a bit for the racebut the last few races are regarded as some of the hotter on the calender,so if ferrari are pissing it now then wait till europe and it will be cake walk for them,yet any critiscism should not be thrown at ferrari purely because they have done a better job than the rest
Date: April 04, 2004 11:43AM
a few mentions of webbers brake test and blocking of alonso as being something michael would do but i bet it wont warrant a thread of it's own purely cause it's not ms

I actually agree there, knowing all the anti MS people round here, a new thread would be created with anti ms stuff. Still dosn't make it wrong :)

Date: April 04, 2004 11:44AM
Posted by: andrew_S
hang on, its not the pulling out thats a problem its the road position comparitive speeds and situation, the first break test was not on, it was plain dangerous and stupid, as for the second while not as bad, it was still very dangerious because of alonso's speed compared to webbers, you shouldnt move that late either to be honnest, if alonso was another few CMs forward, it would have been a big big accident and over the top job, no question. as anyone that plays GPL will tell you, once your commited there aint anything you can do, and if someone pulls to block, your gonna crash, its the same in F1

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: April 04, 2004 12:19PM
Posted by: Muks_C
even Brundle said Mark brake-tested Alonso the first time, half way down the flat-out straight.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: April 04, 2004 12:44PM
Posted by: LS.
Did'nt Alonso cause DC to fly off the track by braking early at nurburgring last year?

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: April 04, 2004 12:55PM
Posted by: Lanky-Lad
Yes.

Webber disappointed me today, there was absolutely NO need for that brake test.

Fantastic race though, Bahrain must be the best circuit in the world! :-o

"Treat others with respect and you too will be respected." Oac - ed'c dnia - E ys yldiymmo drec cyt. :)
Date: April 04, 2004 01:15PM
Webber disappointed me today, there was absolutely NO need for that brake test

Yes, he was wrong to brake test, I don't dispute that, but the fact is it happens in F1, its a tactic that argubly only inexperienced drivers use, hence LS's point with Alonso. But today overall Webber had a great race, been able to get Jaguar their first points of the season :) I still want to see how he managed to get from about 16th right infront of Raikkonen into the first corner to 8th in front of Couthard in the space of a lap! maybe 2 ;)

Date: April 04, 2004 01:19PM
Posted by: Lanky-Lad
Yeah, he had a good race, but it scared me when I was watching it on TV. I thought immediatrly that he was going to get penalised, but nothing happened.

"Treat others with respect and you too will be respected." Oac - ed'c dnia - E ys yldiymmo drec cyt. :)
Date: April 04, 2004 01:26PM
Ya can't really penalise someone for brake testing unless they collide really imo, as they are just using racing tactics.

Date: April 04, 2004 01:28PM
Posted by: marcl
no one is gonna beat ferrari this year they are better now than in 2002. Its gonna be so hard for people to close the gap to MS now. MS is driving better than ever and even i now think that, and i think at this rate he has years left in him.

Webber was driving like a dick head but alonso did not like the break test like he done to dc.

good drive by button, sato came back well them bars have some pace.

RS does not deserve a good drive williams should replace him now, he has been bad all this year.

Mclaren are so bad its not even a joke any more. Kimi's season is as good as over after just 3 races, DC had no pace either. Do u think merc will stay after this year?

No one got a penatly ferrari were pulled up about RB leaving the pits cutting trulli up and RS got a telling off. Ferrari got fined just found out

Does anyone know what RB was going on about after the race saying he could not get heat into his breaks so he hoped it would rain? very strange.

One other point why was MS allowed to change his breaks after quali? did not think that was allowed or am i wrong.

Post Edited (04-04-04 20:48)

Date: April 04, 2004 01:38PM
Posted by: Vader
Do u think merc will stay after this year?

Did Ferrari leave when things wher enot going well for them? Leaving F1 now will make them look like crybabies and cowards - I guess this would do more harm to their image than not winning races.

Does anyone know what RB was going on about after the race saying he could not get heat into his breaks so he hoped it would rain? very strange.

carbon brake discs need high temperatures to work properly. if for some reason his brake disks did not get hot enough, he would have poor braking perfromance. Maybe he was parying for rain because on wet road everybody woul dhave had to brake as early as he had to, so the disadvantage of too cool disks would have been gone.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 04, 2004 01:40PM
MS got enough heat into his though they must have had different breaks
Date: April 04, 2004 02:49PM
Posted by: Muks_C
LS, alonso braked 8 metres(?) early for the veedol chicane last year, yes, but webber brake tested in the middle of the straight, nowhere near the braking zone. at least DC could have aniticipated that Alonso is gonna brake soon, but alonso today would have no reason to think webber would brake in that position.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: April 04, 2004 04:05PM
we still dont know it was a break test 100% nothing has been said alonso though Mr yellow flag and Mr break test 2003 is saying the driving standard out there was bad today.
Date: April 04, 2004 04:11PM
How do you know that Webber Brake Tested then?

Date: April 04, 2004 04:28PM
Posted by: Vader
We got eyes to see it. It looked suspicious to say the least. Webber is an exceptional driver - no doubt about that - but he seems to be a bit overmotivated recently.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy