Mclaren really sucks now

Posted by kaid 
Re: Mclaren really sucks now
Date: April 11, 2004 11:51AM
Posted by: JPMrules
Sure, but that will take them about 3 years. This car is as bad as that 95 Marlboro McLaren Merecedes. Remember how many drivers did they have, remember that awful nose and engine cover? It really sucked!!
Date: April 11, 2004 02:57PM
Posted by: Ellis
Remember how many drivers did they have

Hakkinen and Mansell, but he couldnt fit in the car, so Blundell was shipped in. Then Nigel went off in a huff, and Blundel took over again. Later, when Hakkinen was ill, magnusson drove a race

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: April 11, 2004 05:10PM
Posted by: Red Sam
This car is as bad as that 95 Marlboro McLaren Merecedes

I dont agree.

I think the engine is as bad as the 95 McLaren Merc but I still hold out hope that the car is a serious piece of kit:)

Heres hoping......

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: April 11, 2004 09:12PM
like McLaren said in 1996, the only weak point of the 1995 Merc unit was the driveability

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: April 12, 2004 03:40AM
Posted by: Eagle
Well Coulthard is doing his usual best for 2004...maybe winning one race as he did last year and standing on the podium a few times, but nothing really stellar.

I would probably expect McLaren to have a few podiums this year, but not to the extent of Kimi's run of podium places in '03.

In which case, who will fill in for Kimi, now that the MP4-19 seems to be a load of shite? Alonso or Button?? I'll put my money on Jenson Button finishing on the podium a few more times after the dynamic duo of Schumacher and Barrichello, and with any luck, he might just finish 3rd at the end of the 2004 WC.

I'm pretty sure that there just wasn't enough development of the MP4-19 at the end of 2003/start of 2004, but BAR has filled that gap. I'd love to see Sato and Button finish in the point every race.

The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes.
Date: April 12, 2004 03:46AM
Posted by: matthew13666
looking at the way McLaren are going for pace and reliability Kimi would stand a better chance at winning the F1 Championship in a Minardi.

But in all seriousness it's a shame to see both Kimi and DC stuck in a crap car and a team led by a complete wanker

Raptor
Date: April 12, 2004 09:16AM
Posted by: Muks_C
thats a bit harsh calling ron a w*nker. he's done a lot for the mclaren team in the past.they are just going through a rough patch at the moment.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: April 12, 2004 01:53PM
Posted by: Vader
Mercedes just fired Ilmor chairman Hans-Ulrich Maik. According to German press they discovered that there were tiny, microscopic capillary cracks in their engines. They might have to rebuild their production line to avoid these problems in the future. Now that they know what's wrong, they'll hopefully be able to fix it in the nearest future.

jginete is a nosey brat.

Post Edited (04-12-04 21:06)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 12, 2004 01:59PM
Posted by: jginete
yeah Know that they know waht's wrong i believe they will get a little better, but no big deal...

i love to correct vader...

Date: April 12, 2004 03:40PM
yeah Know that they know waht's wrong i believe they will get a little better, but no big deal...

know what's wrong

I love to correct jginete.

Date: April 12, 2004 04:15PM
Posted by: LS.
herr line crack

was'nt she a german transexual prostitute?

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: April 12, 2004 04:20PM
the thing is: to correct me is normal. to correct Vader is losing your soul...

Date: April 12, 2004 04:26PM
Posted by: Vader
If she was called "Herr" she probably was a transvestite :p.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 12, 2004 04:53PM
besides ellis, that was a copy-paste from vader's post

Date: April 12, 2004 07:16PM
I regret what I said. After all, that car is an Adrian Newey invention. Just fit a BMW engine on it and both Kimi and David can trash Michael's ferrari.
Although Mika would do a better job.
Date: April 12, 2004 09:33PM
Posted by: Palomino
Yeah i used to dispise Mika, when i young and brash, i was a Schumi supporter through and through, when mika hit the wall in san marino '99 i was laughing, when mika was crying at monza '99 i was crying with happyness. but now, alas, i miss thou mika, will you return in great haste? or is erja just one hot 30-something milf (sorry little kids).

[www.kraftwerk.com]
Date: April 13, 2004 09:33AM
Posted by: ayazyounis
i just remebered. kimi didnt do a qualifying lap in bahrain in order to save fuel, tyres and the engine. well 2 out of 3 aint bad!

Date: April 15, 2004 05:50PM
I believe, the chassis is the best since McLaren unveiled the 1998 MP4-13, but unfortunately the engine is as bad as the one of that awful Marlboro McLaren Mercedes of 1995, or as powerless as that Peugeot of 94.
Date: April 16, 2004 03:41PM
Posted by: Fisico2k3
Mika is still my fave driver (been watching since 97).

The man just has so much style (not in the DCT kinda way).

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Currently Driving: Watkins Glen Original
Current PB: 1:07.43
Using: Xbox Controller
Date: April 16, 2004 07:00PM
Posted by: Orpheus
uimhir a haon - náid - náid

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy