F1 Racing Man of the Year Awards

Posted by assadof1 
F1 Racing Man of the Year Awards
Date: October 17, 2007 12:32AM
Posted by: assadof1
i think some of u would like to vote in this

[www.f1racing.co.uk]

the fia should do something like this again to see what the fan want!

speed freak
Re: F1 Racing Man of the Year Awards
Date: October 17, 2007 12:48AM
Posted by: Muks_C
thanks.

we just know that Hamilton will win every category he is nominated in. i just chose Raikkonen in all the categories he was in.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: October 17, 2007 08:33AM
Posted by: SexySam182
Didnt vote for Hamilton once. They put him in for stupid reasons. For instance 'Overtaking move of the year' against Alonso at the Australian GP, it wasnt an overtaking move, he passed him at the start!

Its gonna be the most biased set of MOTY results they've ever had, they might aswel just give Hamilton a golden toilet where he can take his golden sh!t in and bugger off.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2007 08:34AM by SexySam182.
Date: October 17, 2007 02:03PM
Posted by: Sapo
If you like him or not, if you beat (probably) a 2 times world champion, win four races and become (probably) world champion in you first ever f1 season, you earn the title Racing Man of the Year. No matter how cocky you are. ;)

Best overtaking is of course for Takuma Sato ;)

Some say... he's even smaller than 20kb.
And some say... he's so offensive he could get you into trouble...
The only thing we know is that he's called...

THE SIG

Felipe Massa, World Champion 15:34:11pm- 15:34:21pm.
Date: October 17, 2007 05:45PM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
I voted for Heidfeld on Alonso at Bahrein.
Date: October 17, 2007 07:10PM
Posted by: Red_Bull
Alonso on Massa at Nurburgring.

Date: October 17, 2007 07:35PM
Posted by: flat tyre
Alonso on Heidfeld in France was my best overtaking manouvre.

I chose Nico Rosberg for both Driver of the Year and Man of the Year, but I'm not really sure if that was the right choice :S I had a bit of trouble with personality of the year so I chose Mario Theissen ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: October 17, 2007 08:36PM
Posted by: elemental
Heidfeld round the outside of Alonso at Bahrain.
Date: October 17, 2007 08:45PM
Posted by: gav
flat tyre Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I chose Nico Rosberg for both Driver of the Year
> and Man of the Year, but I'm not really sure if
> that was the right choice :S

Hard not to choose Hamilton for driver of the year, despite some of my reservations of him as a person, but Rosberg has been quietly awesome.

flat tyre Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I had a bit of trouble with personality of the year so I chose
> Mario Theissen ;)

Kimi. His comment from Brazil last year is good enough to carry over into 2007 for me. :D
Date: October 17, 2007 09:27PM
Posted by: Gaulty
Rookie - Heikki Kovalainen.
Driver of the year - Kimi Raikkonen
Qualifier - tonio Liuzzi. Showed his best in quali got into q2 many times.

And why was Anthony Hamilton in Personality of the year?

Team Owner of ItalianEnglish Dynamics in GPG Super League
GP4 Season 5: 7) Jethro Walters. 8) Zsigmond Somogyi. TD) Stuart Ingers and Joel Henrique
GP3 Season 5: 14) Nathan Turner. 15) Tobias Kederer.
6 Time Race Winners
Date: October 17, 2007 10:53PM
Posted by: Nickv
Because F1Racing is British.
Date: October 17, 2007 10:59PM
Posted by: Monza972
man of the year - Heikki Kovalainen For me... (overtaking has got to be Taku!)
Date: October 17, 2007 11:24PM
Posted by: chet
Rosberg and Heikki were most of my answers lol

Except Rookie of the year, which cant go to anyone else but Lewis imo.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: October 17, 2007 11:41PM
Posted by: Monza972
i think rookie of the year *should* go to Heikki. OK, fair enough Lewis fight for the championship but thats only because Lewis has a reliable car, Heikki had a very struggling Renualt until mid season, and in the early season he had improved from his performance in Oz
Date: October 18, 2007 12:03AM
Hiekki has finished every race so far granted, but Lewis has been matching and currently beating a two time world champion who took the fight to F1's most successful driver ;-)

I did not expect Lewis to be on the pace as quick as he was... And I expected Heikki to lol. Renault bigged him up loads, and after the first few races he was my biggest disapointment of the season...

Ok, he has come back very very well and had some cracking races, but thing with Lewis was, he was quick from the word go, attacked from the word go and has made F1's finest not looks so great as they did ... Considering a rookie is able to match them!

We can only messure Hiekki against Fizzy, but tbh circumstances have meant its been difficult to gauge them together, because tbh GF has been pretty unlucky... and rather unlike him abit in-consistant.

Date: October 18, 2007 04:43AM
Posted by: Rodrigo007
sharing my opinions :

well voted ron dennis as personality of the year ( cuz damn it i didnt find nigel stepney...:/)

most improved team: STR or spyker ( str showed goodin the last 2 races in rain have to see if its a real improve only in normal conditions..)

man of the year: ( lol wth...whats the point of that??they alrdy put personality of the year..., voted ron dennis for same reasons of personality obviously)

car of the year: mclaren mp4-22... great improvement considering last year and incredible non system broke during all the season (altough i minimize "xerox mclaren" or stepneygate atm)

rookie: well we have alot of good rookies this year but tbh considering guy who just start and can be the 1st rookie champ had to vote hami...

drive of the year: wow alot of non worth options here....they forgot raikkonen-massa in fuji or sutil in SPA or button in monza and shangai to put what??? hamilton in australia and USA? ..lolllll crap..rly crap

qualifier : just voted massa cuz number of poles

pitcrew: ???? (lol it rly useless , just voted honda cuz liked their very dark blue uniform)

driver of the year : ill consider the last part of the championship so voted raikkonen rly nice in the last races he deserves best driver vote...

tech. director : sauber one , showed that they are in the correct way...

start of the year: again non worth options here...more one time lewis' options here are the worse..

most improved driver: alrdy said what i think in the forums : massa got a great experience nxt year im hoping alot from him...

team principal : ron dennis :p

overtake of the year: very good options hre but clearly that it was massa on kubica in fuji's last lap/last curve cant understand why they forgot that...

whoa thats the end xD~~

PS: sry about the english lol...

PS2: alonso was the most consistent but sad they didnt put that option there...

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2007 04:57AM by Rodrigo007.
Date: October 18, 2007 07:16AM
Posted by: Red_Bull
Rodrigo007, the problem is that the survey is circulated before Fuji took place, so we can't vote for anything that happened then, which is a pity.

Date: October 18, 2007 11:54AM
Posted by: tripleM
"Renault bigged him up loads, and after the first few races he was my biggest disapointment of the season..."

Well, he was hired as a driver who would lead the team as opposed to "aw, shucks, i'm just happy to be here" Hamilton. Briatore put a lot of pressure on Kovalainen prior to the season but eventually they were able to figure out a more reasonable approach and treat Kovalainen as a rookie that he is which really helped.

In this case it's not really Hamilton > Kovalainen, but more like McLaren > Renault.

"but thing with Lewis was, he was quick from the word go, attacked from the word go and has made F1's finest not looks so great as they did"

It's much easier to look quick when there's a clear gap to the 3rd best team, two of the best drivers were going through a period of adjustement and the only incumbent driver was Massa. Also, a person who's been familiar with the team structure for 10+ years is immediately on the different playing field compared to the rest of the "real" rookies who are unable to spend 8 hours a day in the simulator.

"because tbh GF has been pretty unlucky... and rather unlike him abit in-consistant."

As a person who's been somewhat partial to Fisichella over the years as much as it pains me state it, Kovalainen has clearly been the better of the two during the last half of the season.

Date: October 18, 2007 12:57PM
I didnt say HK hasnt been better than GF in the 2nd half ;-)

It may be easy to look quick when there is such a gap to the 3rd best team, but Lewis has been on it all season, ok true Alonso had to get used to the team and car but i am sure there ahve been several situations in which lewis would have benefited had he prior experience in F1, which Alonso does ;-)

Also, Lewis has not been any more familier with the team structure than HK, who has been with Renault long enough and you really think the simulator is that much of a factor ? I mean Kimi's said he hardly used it and yet everytime he got into that mclaren he was as quick as possible!

My point being is that I doubt HK would have been as close to Alonso as Lewis was at first. I will admit that HK possibly would have matched Alonso later on in the season, butAlonso has had pressure all season from Lewis, when clearly at the start it was GF who was the quicker, and I do beleive it was GF who has helped renault understand their problems.

Yes lewis is in one of the best cars, but for him not to be voted rookie of the year is wrong imo.

Date: October 18, 2007 01:02PM
Posted by: tripleM
Knowing that the editor and chief of the magazine is the future McLaren PR guy i know who i'm going to vote for.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy