Posted by Frantic 
Re: 200-plus club
Date: October 15, 2007 11:54PM
Posted by: Frantic
All of you are very old ;) I´m only 13!

Date: October 16, 2007 12:14AM
Posted by: bazza_racer
hey guys going back to senna's fuel consumption issues, a lot of it wasn't down to faulty gauges or bad luck, a lot of it was down to senna's driving style. i've been reading a book called "the life of SENNA" and it's fairly detailed with insights behind the man his teams rivals etc... and it states that during the early f1 races particularly he'd run out of fuel because he had a tendency to blip the throttle a lot and we're talking a little more than a bit of heel and toe, he had this thought that in order to be fast he had to keep the revs up so he would use a lot of throttle at random times i.e. under braking down changing rather than the quick blip that everyone else used, a lot of feathering the throttle through a corner opposed to just applying it smoothly etc.. so this caused him top use a tiny percentage more fuel than his team mates, and would cause him to run out of fuel on the last lap or slowing down lap back to the pits ( which apparently happened on a few occasions) I'm not saying this happened every time but a few times. i'm not entirely sure how accurate this is, as i'm only 22 i can't say i really remember much from a kid but the book's really cool and given me a real insight to the legend that was / is Aryton senna de silva.

hope some of thats interesting? thats just taken me ages to flip throught the book and shorten it down a bit then type it all.....

phewwww..

barry

"Racing is LIFE. Anything before or after is just waiting"
Steve McQueen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2007 01:04AM by bazza_racer.
Date: October 16, 2007 10:50AM
Posted by: mikef1
Not necessarily, if he used that much more gas than the others then he would have run out of fuel a lot more often. Keke Rosberg for instance had far more problems when the fuel limit was introduced during the mid '80s. Most of Senna's fuel problems were Renault related or when Honda went from V10 to V12, a thirstier engine. In the mid '80s lots of cars had fuel read out problems and Senna, with others, had it during that race (Imola '85).
Date: October 16, 2007 07:32PM
I remember a race in the 70s when Reutemann was 1st and he ran out of fuel.

Date: October 16, 2007 07:58PM
Posted by: bazza_racer
sorry that was poorly explained didn't mean that to sound like it was all his fault, just that his driving style contributed to the problems.

"Racing is LIFE. Anything before or after is just waiting"
Steve McQueen.
Date: October 16, 2007 08:21PM
Posted by: mikef1
Frantic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I remember a race in the 70s when Reutemann was
> 1st and he ran out of fuel.

How can you remember that when you're only 13? ;)
Date: October 16, 2007 08:47PM
Posted by: brnco
@mikef1, /frantic beeing 13 issue/
well it so obvious, he watched it in his past life. :)

are you blind? -no, I'm deaf, can't you see? -no, I'm blind.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2007 08:54PM by brnco.
Date: October 17, 2007 01:37AM
mikef1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Frantic Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I remember a race in the 70s when Reutemann was
> > 1st and he ran out of fuel.
>
>
> How can you remember that when you're only 13? ;)

My uncle is 45, and he is a car fanatic (He have an 1979 Alfa Romeo GTX). He gave me videos of that races :) and i saw others in YouTube or another web.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy