Did you know? Obscure F1 facts...

Posted by Red Sam 
Re: Did you know? Obscure F1 facts...
Date: October 12, 2007 01:32PM
Posted by: Muks_C
@ Brnco, here is the video of his crash during the race at Bathurst:

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: October 12, 2007 01:35PM
Posted by: brnco
@mr.fossy, nickv, muks; I've edited my post. Just for the sake of this briliant thread

are you blind? -no, I'm deaf, can't you see? -no, I'm blind.
Date: October 12, 2007 01:41PM
well done. and i don't know why you are upset and think people are wrong to complain, this thread is for "facts", so if you post something that is obviosuly not a fact, then people are bound to point it out.

Date: October 12, 2007 01:46PM
Posted by: Mr_Fossy
Cheers for updating =)
and thank you Muks for finding footage of it.
Date: October 12, 2007 01:52PM
Great guy! what o.b.e. means?

@muks; i'm not upset :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2007 01:57PM by brnco.
Date: October 12, 2007 02:01PM
if it's the OBE i think you're referring to, then it means a title given to someone, similar to MBE or Knighthood (when you call someone a "Sir" afterwards). read about it here: [en.wikipedia.org]

Date: October 12, 2007 06:10PM
Posted by: mikef1
OBE - Order of Bernie Ecclestone!
Date: October 12, 2007 10:50PM
Posted by: sasjag
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The FIA never banned it, infact they declared it
> legal. It was the local race stewards which
> refused to allow it to run.
>
> However I disagree on the "great Chapman" concept
> as the man was a prick who had no thoughts about
> driver safety when he designed his rolling
> coffins. The car was dangerous and the chassis
> were held together with a flimsy and weak
> suspension system, which knowing Chapmans designs,
> would have failed many times.

re: teh suspension. Colin Chapman would determine how big the bars for teh suspension would have to be by sending out his drivers with successivly smaller diameter bars until they failed. he would then use the next size up for that component.

this often meant that teh cars had compleetly different suspension designs at each corner

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: October 12, 2007 11:31PM
"the ultimate car is the one that crosses finishline first and then falls apart" -fom the mouth of legendary Anthony Colin Bruce Chapman

Date: October 13, 2007 09:16AM
Posted by: Rodrigo007
ok this is very like lost or a x-files case..

saw that in a site

this is very very lol....

Formula 1 and the number 42
4 is "shi" in Japanese and 2 is "ni", together form the word death. Now let's a few facts:

Ayrton senna used the kart number 42. A mechanical Japanese suggested him to change because it was a number that in Japanese means death. Senna didnt and years later we saw what happened.The mechanical said influences were at the 42 number.

Ayrton Senna was trying the fourth (4) title ... and with the car number 2. Among the 42.

Senna stopped in the victory-41, in his farewell mclaren. In 3 races by willams was not close of the 42.

- In the victory number 41 of Schumacher, a fireman died with a wheel that flew in departure. In his victory 42 he won the championship.

Prost was 3-times champion with the number 2, and once with the number 1, as was the previous champion. But there is the influence of the number 2. 4 headlines with the number 2. 42.

- Prost was four(4) times champion and the only champion with the car number 2. 42

-vettel was going to have his first podium in japan 2007 but unfortunately he crashed at webber (who belongs to a team that controls vettel's one, it means a disaster for the company who controls them cuz it ended the chances of podium for the 2 teams cuz one of themselves...) the number of the lap that it happened: 42

-michael schumacher seemed unbeatable winning consecutive titles till three years ago. after that inexplicably he didnt get titles anymore and ferrari team who won for years simply had a impressive loss of income in the season that came ...during last year when schumacher was goin to win suzuka and put a diference of points in fernando alonso , ferrari's engine misteriously broke , that didnt happen for years with ferrari trustable engines. Schmuacher said that the engine didnt even accused overheating it simply misteriously broke. Last Schuamcher title: 2004 (more one 42 influence)

any more coincidences??

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2007 09:59AM by Rodrigo007.
Date: October 13, 2007 11:19AM
Posted by: gin
online translators suck. ^---

Date: October 13, 2007 12:16PM
Posted by: Sapo
Indeed, translators suck, but i got the idea of the post.

Imo still obscure (there has been a thread about btw iirc):

Mclaren always sucked once in the two years this millenium. 2001 was pretty nice, 2002 a disaster, 2003 really good, 2004 bad, and so on. 2008 should therefore be bad again.

Some say... he's even smaller than 20kb.
And some say... he's so offensive he could get you into trouble...
The only thing we know is that he's called...

THE SIG

Felipe Massa, World Champion 15:34:11pm- 15:34:21pm.
Date: October 13, 2007 01:20PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
Sapo schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Indeed, translators suck, but i got the idea of
> the post.
>
> Imo still obscure (there has been a thread about
> btw iirc):
>
> Mclaren always sucked once in the two years this
> millenium. 2001 was pretty nice, 2002 a disaster,
> 2003 really good, 2004 bad, and so on. 2008 should
> therefore be bad again.

i wouldnt be suprised if they are bad in 08, becouse of the spy case and they want their car early ready for the fia to check it.

Date: October 16, 2007 08:58AM
Posted by: bob1977
Back to obscure facts, was reading an old autosport yesterday and at the 1982 long Beach grand Prix. Elio DeAngelis stopped at the wrong grid slot and decided to reverse into the correct sot, thus reversing into team mate Nigle Mansell!!! After having his front wing broken by this, Nigel decided to reverse out of the way himself but unfortunately selected reverse gear just as the lights turned green!!!!
Date: October 18, 2007 08:13AM
Posted by: Vomit
In Imola 1982 Didier Pironi ignored team orders and refused to let Gilles Villeneuve overtake him. Pironi took the victory. After the gp, Villeneuve claimed that he would never speak to Pironi again. Unfortunately, he kept his promise. Gilles Villeneuve died in dijon while trying to beat Pironis time.

One last kiss for the wicked

Sinisterly
- T. E. Cadaver
Date: October 18, 2007 08:28AM
Posted by: SexySam182
Thats not really an obscure fact, more of a legend. And he died at Zolder anyway.

Date: October 18, 2007 08:37AM
oops... my mistake. It was Zolder.

What about this one then:
Mika Hakkinen was close to get contract with williams for season 93, but Peter Collins claimed that Mika still had an contract with Lotus and Hill drove the williams in 93.

Sinisterly
- T. E. Cadaver

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2007 08:38AM by Vomit.
Date: October 18, 2007 08:45AM
As early as end of 1991 it was clear he was going to race for williams in the near future. it was alsaw known that alain prost will be driving in1993 so hakkinen was never an option. Where did you get that?

Date: October 18, 2007 08:55AM
i readed it from finnish book what was about F1 champions, cant remember the name though. it is also in finnish wikipedia, but not in english one. I will try to find something about that.

Okay, i couldnt find any english web pages what would confirm that, but i found three finnish pages that confirms the 1993 Hakkinen - Williams situation.

Sinisterly
- T. E. Cadaver

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2007 09:08AM by Vomit.
Date: October 18, 2007 09:10AM
Okay, i couldnt find any english web pages what would confirm that, but i found three finnish pages that confirms the 1993 Hakkinen - Williams situation.

Sinisterly
- T. E. Cadaver
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy