Hamilton's Japanese win under investigation!

Posted by iCeMaN pAuL 
Re: Hamilton's Japanese win under investigation!
Date: October 05, 2007 02:50PM
Posted by: Razorsedge
I must admit I'm extremely shocked Hamilton's star power is enough to have escaped a penalty, simply by issuing statements he was feeling hard done by!

They've also had to remove the penalty to Vettal!

Webber must be feeling REALLY unimportant tonight!!

Date: October 05, 2007 02:52PM
Posted by: Ali
We have to admit it this time, if it was Alonso, he would have received a penalty already before going to China...
Date: October 05, 2007 02:53PM
Posted by: Covfan
And here begins two pages of "FIA protecting Hamilton" accusations.
Date: October 05, 2007 02:54PM
Posted by: Marco1
Quite a pathetic result and voids any chance of a great chinese and brazilian GP.

Disappointing at how much help this child has been given to win a championship. Given this sort of help I believe Ricardo Rosset and Alex Yoong could have been admirable world champions in their time as well.

This championship is void of any meaning, bring on Nascar and villeneuve!
Date: October 05, 2007 02:57PM
So, you wanted him just to be punished to make the championship more exciting? Surely that would void the championship of any meaning as well.
Date: October 05, 2007 03:00PM
Posted by: Marco1
if you read my earlier comments he should be punished for the erratic driving he exhibited during BOTH safety car excursions. But hey just presume what you will, the FIA does it.
Date: October 05, 2007 03:02PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
To be fair to marco1, Lewis did violate the safety car regulations.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: October 05, 2007 03:02PM
But if the FIA find him not guilty of erratic driving, how can they deduct points from him?
Date: October 05, 2007 03:04PM
Posted by: s0236078
jeez, stop your moaning - hes not protected by the FIA but it wont stop people from saying it. its hard to be impartial in formula one but asi said before, racing incident, let it be, dont crusify the guy and lets enjoy what should be a fantastic weekend of racing
Date: October 05, 2007 03:35PM
Posted by: mikef1
It wasn't a racing incident, it under safety car conditions and he did break the safety car rule.
I'm glad his win was not taken away but a ten place grid drop would have been an appropriate punishment for his actions imo.
Date: October 05, 2007 03:44PM
Posted by: Ali
Hamilton won in Fuji with all justice, he did a great race, but his moves were also very clear. Other drivers would be penalized without any doubt. I find difficult to understand how can FIA penalize Alonso for what he did in Hungaroring that was all more "suspicious" or "theoric" and do not penalize Hamilton for this, that was the direct cause for an accident. I don't get it...
Date: October 05, 2007 03:46PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
Quite surprised by that verdict. Lets hope that Alonso and Raikkonen, Webber and Vettel give him merry f***ing hell during the race! ;)

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: October 05, 2007 04:00PM
Posted by: s0236078
no way. alonsos actions in hungary were dispacable. that was unfair. IF hamilton was driving dangerously - which depends on your viewpoint - it wasnt meant,intent has to be taken into consideration here

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2007 05:19PM by s0236078.
Date: October 05, 2007 04:03PM
Posted by: Sauber89
"If this is the way it's going to keep going it's not somewhere I really want to be."

he didn't have to say alot to wriggle out did he? he broke the rules and should have the 10 place penalty but he doesn't. one hell of a of a story for the guy who videoed it though.

Date: October 05, 2007 04:12PM
Posted by: IWE
mikef1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It wasn't a racing incident

Yep. Same with Kubica.. Anyway Kubica did already get punishment and it wont be fixed.

FIAsco is making this season more and more fiasco all the time.. :S

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: October 05, 2007 04:43PM
Ali Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hamilton won in Fuji with all justice, he did a
> great race, but his moves were also very clear.
> Other drivers would be penalized without any
> doubt. I find difficult to understand how can FIA
> penalize Alonso for what he did in Hungaroring
> that was all more "suspicious" or "theoric" and
> do not penalize Hamilton for this, that was the
> direct cause for an accident. I don't get it...

Drivers have done it in the past and got away with it without any repercussions.
Date: October 05, 2007 04:45PM
Posted by: tripleM
The rule that Hamilton broke was introduced 2 years ago. But whatever.

Date: October 05, 2007 04:48PM
Posted by: assadof1
lewis hamilton the president son.

it was a good day when lewis joined f1 at the start of this year, but people who
earn money after his name are destroyed all the sport... at the nurburgring then
spy-case (as we saw lewis had a big effect in changing the decision of the FIA
by playing the sympathy card and innocent boy), the finaly this...... god know
what we will have next year.... i am starting to wish for something bad to happen to berni eccleston or some big scandal to have a big change in the FIA and the people who represent it

speed freak
Date: October 05, 2007 06:37PM
Posted by: laurent
Funny!!

Some people are allready trying to give Hamilton penalties to prevent him winning the champ... in his 1st year!!:-)

Just accept Hamilton is the best driver on the grid, together with Kimi Raikkonen. No other driver can match these 2.
Date: October 05, 2007 06:38PM
Posted by: Muks_C
well his "star power" has definitely got him off any potential penalty. a grid drop would have been justified. glad they cancelled Vettel's penalty though. shame about Kubica.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy