Greatest Livery Ever

Posted by JonVic 
Greatest Livery Ever
Date: March 30, 2004 04:59PM
Posted by: JonVic
Okay apologies if this has been done to death but i can only find one poll like this and it was a while ago. So here goes....What is your favourite livery of all time? Mine is the 1991 & 1992 Williams, i love it and wish they still had it today....

Post Edited (03-31-04 00:04)

=====================================

Please visit my brand new website [www.grandprixblogger.com] for everything Formula One. Here you will find my motorsport galleries as as well as the latest F1 news, classic F1 reviews and polls on the latest happenings in the world of F1.

My First Single Seater Drive: Formula
Audi, Brands Hatch Feb. '04
Re: Greatest Livery Ever
Date: March 30, 2004 05:13PM
Posted by: Vader
Any black Lotus with golden JPS on it or any McLaren (be it the classical red/white Malboro up to 1996 or the cool silver/black since 1997)

Post Edited (03-31-04 00:14)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 30, 2004 05:30PM
yeah my second choice would be the JPS colour scheme it was great

Please visit my brand new website [www.grandprixblogger.com] for everything Formula One. Here you will find my motorsport galleries as as well as the latest F1 news, classic F1 reviews and polls on the latest happenings in the world of F1.

Date: March 30, 2004 07:04PM
Posted by: sega
1. Lotus JPS
2. McLaren (red & white marlboro)
3. Williams ('92)
4. Renault (the old ones)

Saludos desde Colombia.
Date: March 31, 2004 12:20AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
7up Jordan!!

Date: March 31, 2004 12:35AM
Posted by: andrew_S

thats just about the worsed picture ever of that livery?!

anyway wasnt another user doing this currently?

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: March 31, 2004 01:24AM
@andrew_S: Thought i would get a negative comment from you, you really are the king of negativity arent you:) What is wrong with that pic of the livery? That is exactly how it was during the 1992 season. The angle of the carshape is maybe not the best ever but is still good. Anyway the point was the livery not the shape and there is nothing wrong with the livery in that picture at all.
Oh yeah and i did see a poll like this but it seemed to be from quite a while ago. Anyway i am just interested, even if someone is doing ithe same thing and i missed it its doesnt matter, just dont post.....

Date: March 31, 2004 02:25AM
Posted by: gareth
i love the 99 stewart- it's so simple and clean, and i just really like the way the tartan ribbons are draped over the car.

i think i prefer the 93 williams with the sega sonic the hedge hog ads in front of the side pods- a bit of fun never hurts.

Date: March 31, 2004 05:22AM
Oh yeah and i did see a poll like this but it seemed to be from quite a while ago.

theres a thread on this exact subject which you posted in yeasterday, the poster says hes doing exactly this, but by era, exactly this, but era by era.

Anyway, the colours on that picture are very excentuated, the car sometimes, ran a slightly lighter blue but other than that contributing factor in my opinion its a horrable picture of a great livery, one of my favorite infact :)

more representative picture

Date: March 31, 2004 06:17AM
Posted by: anze89
Rothams Williams, Ferrari without the big Marlboro, 1996 & 1997 McLaren, 1991 Williams, black Lotus

Date: March 31, 2004 06:52AM
'theres a thread on this exact subject which you posted in yeasterday'

NO IT ISNT that poll is for the favourite car from each era. That does not mean the livery. As far as i was concerned the other poll means that your favourite car can be based upon livery, shape,performance just a livery doesnt ammount to everyones favourite car.....

I mean in that other thread you could post that you like the 1991 McLaren car for example. That would not necesserily mean that you liked all the f1 cars that had Marlboro sponsorship (1995 McLaren was butt ugly) it was the shape of the car you liked. My poll is broader than that based upon livery regardless of shape...think about it they are completely different....

BTW...that pic you posted of the Williams is the misleading one as far as livery colour goes. That pic of yours was taken on a dark day. I have stood next to the Williams FW14b in real life and it is no way as dark as your pic looks it is like mine but maybe a touch darker than mine as that is a very bright day on mine, but no way as dark as yours.

This i believe is the true to life colour version

Post Edited (03-31-04 14:18)

Date: March 31, 2004 07:19AM
all the williams between 85 and 93 were that colour! lol

maybe thatpic is slighty dark, but all williams always were a deap blue, not sky/light blue!

edit: and i suppose you could continue that to 1997!

Post Edited (03-31-04 14:27)

Date: March 31, 2004 07:23AM
What colour? The one you posted? I beg to differ, if they were all the same as yours then why have i provided 2 pics above showing the different colours they ran? Maybe my latest pic above and yours are the same colour but is the light effect that make them look different. I admitted the one i originally posted has a lighter blue and you were right that is not the same as some other blue colours they used. But the one you showed is soooo dark, as i said though maybe yours is the same as the one i have just posted but it is the light of the day it was taken

Date: March 31, 2004 07:29AM
i think its the light, see my edited post, i still maintain, it looks quite bad in that first pic though, lol

[www.members.lycos.co.uk]

same race much darker

my pic taken at the donington collection

also ive got half the season on video, and am 100% sure the colours are deap blue, its also deap blue on all my models (Bar my german Gp tamiya 1/12 which i believe is the german GP, which is the only time i know of they ran significantly lighter colours

Post Edited (03-31-04 14:37)

Date: March 31, 2004 07:36AM
What dou you reckon on these, they seem pretty accurate Williams history drawings:

1991&1992

It looks like it is just tricks of the light...that Donington one is the one i saw...GOD THAT CAR IS BEAUTIFUL, that is the perfect colour FW14 for me...that is by far the best livery EVER

Post Edited (03-31-04 14:40)

Date: March 31, 2004 07:48AM
Posted by: Muks_C
I always thought the '97 williams FW19 was one of the best liveries on one of the nicest car shapes. '97 Jordan was nice too, with the snake fangs.

I also liked the Blue 555 version of the '99 BAR 001, with its blue rims. The red/white Lucky Strike version was also nice, and the 'zipper' version was good, something different and unusual.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: March 31, 2004 07:53AM
Posted by: Zcott
I'm mostly agreeing with what has already been said in this thread so far: the JPS Lotuses, or the Marlboro McLarens. Delicious!

Date: March 31, 2004 08:13AM
somemore responding to the above

all taken from a book by reiner schlimelich, so these photos are no slouches, bad light, etc

my williams, taken in bright conditions (beleive it or not, its sunny here!) and with anti flair flash, to stop the flash showing

all dark blue, as it is on all my video tapes, lol

Post Edited (03-31-04 15:18)

Date: March 31, 2004 10:19AM
Posted by: HaGGiS
Marlboro Mclarens are in my opinion so very boring. Iconic yes, aesthetically pleasing? Not to me.

The Camel & Rothmans Williams' i've always thought were great. John Player Special was cool livery too.

As for those '99 BAR's, surely you have to be kidding mate? Those were some of the ugliest liveries ever. Especially the zipper one, they were quite unique though.

"No it's not a skirt"
Date: March 31, 2004 10:32AM
@andrew_s: holy crap you have one serious collection of models:) Yes you can see the difference between the colours in the pic with both williams in it. I definately prefer the darker colour. The pic you originally showed was clearly a darker day, photos are very misleading due to the varying lighting....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy