Belgian GP Official Race Thread **SPOILERS!**

Posted by calimbo 
Re: Belgian GP Official Race Thread **SPOILERS!**
Date: September 16, 2007 05:19PM
Posted by: Nickv
If people think this wasn't a boring race, I can only conclude that the standards these days are very low.

I hope you all understand because I don't know how to put it into English tbh :P
Date: September 16, 2007 05:25PM
Posted by: gin
what a borefest!!!!! meh this isn't a sport anymore..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2007 05:25PM by gin.
Date: September 16, 2007 06:36PM
Posted by: chet
for some reason it didnt tape.
hmm
by the sounds of it, prob a good job too.
noticeable performances by Sutil and Rosberg.

Rosberg is quick becoming a favourite of mine! last year i didnt think much to him because he had an awesome debut, but then thats it.. this year he has shown an amazing improvment

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: September 16, 2007 06:50PM
Posted by: mikef1
What Nico had last year was speed but not consistency. He has both this year and i hope Williams can give him a more competetive car for next season.
Date: September 16, 2007 07:16PM
Posted by: vesuvius
mikef1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What Nico had last year was speed but not
> consistency. He has both this year and i hope
> Williams can give him a more competetive car for
> next season.

yeah but let's wait and see...Fernando will most likely leave McLaren after this season,it seems very sure at the moment even if his manager told other way.so Nico could end up driving McLaren next year and to be honest I think Nico is as good as Lewis is.
Date: September 16, 2007 07:26PM
Posted by: Red Sam
Nico has ruled himself out even if a McLaren slot came up - but then this is F1...

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: September 16, 2007 07:26PM
Posted by: Frantic
vesuvius Wrote:

> yeah but let's wait and see...Fernando will most
> likely leave McLaren after this season,it seems
> very sure at the moment even if his manager told
> other way.so Nico could end up driving McLaren
> next year and to be honest I think Nico is as good
> as Lewis is.

I agree with you, but, if Alonso leaves McLaren, In wich team he will run in 2008?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2007 07:27PM by Frantic.
Date: September 16, 2007 07:35PM
Posted by: Red Sam
Renault.

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: September 16, 2007 08:08PM
Posted by: dierome
Rosberg is just as good as Hamilton. And Williams is performing strongly. I think they have the same pace as Renault. They could be better next year if they get rid of Wurz.
Date: September 16, 2007 08:20PM
If they drop Wurz, Williams might become worse. Wurz has a vast technical knowledge.
Date: September 16, 2007 08:33PM
Indeed, he hasnt been what I had hoped for this season :(

But yeah like Nick says he has a huge amount of knowledge, but then again, so does Nico ;-)

Date: September 16, 2007 08:40PM
Also...

[f1.gpupdate.net]

??

Havent seen the move but hard to comment on, but from what ive hear it was fair, and a very good one... it looks like me like he can see his dream slowly slipping away... if Lewis was in Alonso's posistion would he not have done the same?

Date: September 16, 2007 08:42PM
Posted by: Muks_C
was a boring race at the front, but some good battles behind. glad for Kimi, Massa will surely have to help him now, but maybe if he can't win the title for himself (Massa), he won't mind too much if a McLaren driver wins it so won't help Kimi too much?

y2cwr2005 Wrote:

> Bloody ITV! no hamilton and no conference...

eh? i'm sure i saw the press conference with Kimi, Felipe and Fernando. they got Lewis' views too.

at the start it looked like Lewis' front-right tyre may have just slightly touched Alonso's car, but maybe it was just very close and they didn't actually touch, Alonso didn't think they touched.

great racing down to Eau Rouge, Alonso has big balls, i'll give him that. Lewis had to back out.

good driving from Sutil early on, and LMAO at Honda, Sato overtaking Button...

who knows what will happen in the last 3 races, Blundell reckons Fuji and China should favour Ferrari, so Kimi will need to win both races, and hope Lewis and Alonso retire from at least 1 of those 2 races each. then it could go either way in Brazil in terms of which team has the advantage.

and the ITV news made a too much of Lewis' little off at Pouhon, saying the pressure was now getting to him. nah, it was just one of those things, car oversteered a bit and he had to correct it which made him go off.

they also reported his 4th place finish as if it was a disaster. he only started 4th anyway, so it was a solid finish, if unspectacular. it wasn't as if he started on pole and dropped down to 4th. he looked the 4th fastest of the top 4 drivers all weekend anyway.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2007 08:44PM by Muks_C.
Date: September 16, 2007 08:43PM
Alonso was on the inside and Hamilton on the outside, and Alonso squeezed him off the track, on the tarmac strip. Hamilton came back alongside Alonso running into Eau Rouge, but backed off halfway. I think it wasn't that unfair. If Hamilton had missed 3rd place by a second, then yes, he could complain, but he didn't so he shouldn't complain.
Date: September 16, 2007 08:47PM
it was hard but fair. Alonso took the optimal line by accelerating and going wide out of T1. just because it was his teammate, he doesn't have to make life easier for him.

Like Brundle said, if it had been the driver of a different team instead of Lewis, no one would have seen anything wrong with what Alonso did.

Date: September 16, 2007 09:06PM
good driving from Sutil early on, and LMAO at Honda, Sato overtaking Button...

Was Sato not light on fuel... because he had to stop again whilst Button did not ;-)

Date: September 16, 2007 09:09PM
I won't let facts get in the way of my piss-taking :)

Date: September 16, 2007 09:10PM
Posted by: mschumi
Well today everything went good for ferrari...atleast kimi gained some ground in the wc...

Race. boring like in monza...well in monza there was a good moment...the duel between kimi and lewis....but here only good duel to watch was the one between sutil and dc, and kubica chasing others...

but lol i think kubica got some very exact specs of red bull and renault gear box hehe

Hope fuji will be better

PS: congrats to spyker for the second both car finish hehe (14th and 17th...NOT BAD)

Scuderia Ferrari Forever
Date: September 16, 2007 09:40PM
Posted by: Slash
Muks_C Wrote:
> it was hard but fair. Alonso took the optimal line
> by accelerating and going wide out of T1. just
> because it was his teammate, he doesn't have to
> make life easier for him.
>
> Like Brundle said, if it had been the driver of a
> different team instead of Lewis, no one would have
> seen anything wrong with what Alonso did.

yes, it's getting annoying that a lot of people are loking to much into Alonso's behaviour, in fact Heikke did the same to Webber and nothing happened..., and it also didn't help that Lewis complained, but i think it was more down to seeing Alonso is getting the best out of him than the move itself
Date: September 16, 2007 09:46PM
s0236078 Wrote:
> alonso wasnt unlucky on the bump...he just lost
> it. he deserves bad luck after his abismal
> behaviour in that team. such disregard for the
> sport and a historic team like mclaren.

i think it was the bump that caused Alonso to spin in qualli, not just a normal mistake by him. Brundle commented that the bump gets worse and worse every year, just after we saw Ralf's car bounce up and down on it quite dramatically, we also saw it from an onboard from the car in front looking back at Ralf.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy