Scott Dixen Impresses

Posted by chet 
Scott Dixen Impresses
Date: March 27, 2004 10:19AM
Posted by: chet
Right now of i were FrankW i would be seriously considering Dixon as JPM's replacement because being 4 tenths of a second slower than a driver who has had nearly 8 seasons in F1 is incredibal!!

Dixon said he could go faster aswell.

It is like when Jense tested for Prost, and the first time in an F1 car he beat the experinced Jean Alesi!!

Im glad he (Dixon) is going to Barcelona with the team to test agian.

Also does anyone know that if Ralf does sign again, how long for.. Because Nelson Piquet Jr will be quick, very qiuck!!
Re: Scott Dixen Impresses
Date: March 27, 2004 10:28AM
Posted by: Big_F1_Fan
williams would be better off with button, webber or fisichella.

Post Edited (03-27-04 17:30)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: March 27, 2004 10:30AM
Posted by: Ellis

williams would be better off with button, webber or fisichella.

Than Dixon? I think Dixon would do well in a Williams

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 27, 2004 10:34AM
Posted by: matthewp
he did well to get within 4 tenths, but these days it seems its pretty easy to go fairly quick as drivers with very little experience do so regularly, we also dont know what sort of work Ralf was doing he may have been on heavy fuel

Date: March 27, 2004 10:46AM
Posted by: Red Sam
Dixon and Button for 2005!

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: March 27, 2004 11:30AM
Posted by: marcl
fissi they guy who is getting beaten by massa lol, fissi dont belong in a top car and this year is really proving it
Date: March 27, 2004 11:32AM
Posted by: Lanky-Lad
Impressive, but we don't know about Ralfs car.

"Treat others with respect and you too will be respected." Oac - ed'c dnia - E ys yldiymmo drec cyt. :)
Date: March 27, 2004 12:38PM
Posted by: HaGGiS
Because Nelson Piquet Jr will be quick, very qiuck!!

Nelson Piquet Jr will be petulant, very petulant. He'll make Ralf look good in that sense. Like father like son I guess.
Date: March 27, 2004 03:20PM
Posted by: Pooky
marcl - what a dumb comment

i hate these kind of comments.

it has ONLY been 2 races - in race 1 yes he qualified poorly and was stuck behind a slow car for half the race

once past he was fast.

and in malyasia EVERY pitstop (3) he made his engine stalled - electronics glitch - NOT HIS FAULT

so dont slag off fisichella yet.

and about dixon - yes he impressed - he said this was the first time he had to turn right for god knows how long and also brake lol

Date: March 27, 2004 03:23PM
Posted by: marcl
Pooky i just dont rate fissi and so far in testing practice quali and racing massa has been faster even with the errors he makes.

Am sure fissi will improve but both him and massa have had the same time in the car.

Yes he had probs in Sepang but massa was well ahead of him before the probs.

Dixons test was great hope he gets into F1 will be a great move.
Date: March 27, 2004 03:28PM
ok marcl but just give him time

anyhow, i knew it would be close - because despite some peoples belief that massa was a crap driver, i always new he was VERY fast

so it will be tight and some days massa will be faster than fisi.

but dont read anything in the practice or qualifying sessions - their are too many variables like fuel loads etc.

only look at were the 2 drivers finished in the race

so far massa finsihed ahead both times i think - but look at the problems fisi has had so far.

you see - as soon as fisi has a weekend without any problems he will be fast, watch and wait.

Date: March 27, 2004 04:28PM
Agree with ya here pooky. Stupid to conclude something like that after 2 races, especially given the years before and the problems he's had.

Am sure fissi will improve but both him and massa have had the same time in the car.

Really? There was me thinking Massa had spent a year testing a F2003-GA :)
Date: March 27, 2004 07:12PM
Posted by: Ellis
ok marcl but just give him time

Is 8 years enough time? Thats what hes had so far

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 27, 2004 08:07PM
Well i'd say in that time he has proven himself. On countless occasions
Date: March 28, 2004 03:13AM
Posted by: Lanky-Lad
I agree there.

but dont read anything in the practice or qualifying sessions - their are too many variables like fuel loads etc

I could say exactly the same thing about Webber and Button...

"Treat others with respect and you too will be respected." Oac - ed'c dnia - E ys yldiymmo drec cyt. :)
Date: March 28, 2004 03:44AM
Posted by: chet
Fissi will beat Massa, thats a certain. I would put all my money (if i had any) on Fiscio beating Massa. He is a great racer, one of the best.
Date: March 28, 2004 05:20AM
yes i agree.

he is a top bloke, and really needs a top car - hopefully a williams or mclaren soon

Date: March 28, 2004 06:31AM
Posted by: Party-Boy
Piquet Jr. is crap,Nico Rosberg is much better than him.
Date: March 28, 2004 07:11AM
Posted by: andrew_S
i cant agree with that, looking at there respective f3 series, and there competitiveness, i have to say piquet was very impressive last year... rosberg, was annonomous most of the time

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: March 28, 2004 07:12AM
well im not sure about that!

he is certainly not crap!

he has outpaced rosberg in one of the F1 tests - is like hakkinen over 1 lap also - very fast qualifying driver

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy