FIA says has new evidence in spy case

Posted by mika19b 
Re: FIA says has new evidence in spy case
Date: September 14, 2007 03:46AM
Posted by: dierome
About Alonso selling McLaren out, I think it was kind of his duty. He had to collaborate with the authorities. Moreover, after FIA's letter he had no other choice. He would have been kicked out of the championship hadn't he revealed that information.
Coughlan blew it all for McLaren. It still think it wasn't the teams' fault.
Date: September 14, 2007 07:08AM
Posted by: marcl
I think the problem a lot of people have is the fact that other teams have done even worse and had no pemalty.

Other teams have hhad plans of peoples car and nothing has happened.

Looking around the web its seems alot of people dont agree with the penalty. Alot are saying if they are guilty they should not even be on the grid. Near enough all none ferrari fans are saying the penalty is wrong.

I think the FIA have acted hard so this does not happen again.

Thing is the FIA will now have to look at renault as they have some mclaren plans and used them, so they should get an even worse penalty than mclaren.

I like the way though they removed all mclarens points yet MS and ferrari kept the points he scored in 1997, for that they said most year books had been written. Well guess what FIA most people probably already had the books written this year up to this point so now they have to change all the info again.

As I said before being the 11th teams means a crap pit box and space so this will affect mclarens hospitality area.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2007 07:30AM by marcl.
Date: September 14, 2007 07:28AM
Posted by: Slash
Joe_Satriani Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just got confirmation that the McLaren drivers
> were the ones that provided the evidence to the
> FIA, and the main bulk of it came from Fernando
> Alonso. Exactly what the evidence is, I'm not
> sure. Still, I think it's very clear now that
> Alonso will not be a McLaren driver next year, and
> should be driving again for Renault in 2008. A lot
> will happen till the end of the season in respect
> to lineup. McLaren will be looking for a driver,
> Toyota, Williams and so on.
>
> I got the info from a Brazilian news website that
> did an interview with one of the board members of
> the council that judged the whole thing (name
> escapes me now) who is also Brazilian of course.

marcl Wrote:
> If its true i hope mclaren sack him.
>
> But Ron said the drivers said nothing against the
> team so dont know.
>
> problem is if mclaren drop him he will say it
> beacuse they want lewis to win.
>
> One good point is if there are no constructor
> points the drivers can race each other so we could
> be in for some fun.

C'mon guys, he's just a driver, why would he get himself in much trouble by hiding evidence, instead of just cleaing himself up from any trouble?, if he was asked for collaboration, being a sportman and not a criminal, he should just colaborate... i don't think he did anything wong, if it is true, i think a lot of people and a lot of journalyst just want to look for any excuse to hate him, i was laughing when i saw the headlines about monza, it was like "SHOCK!!" Alonso didn't weave across the track at monza, or today about him not being in the Hearing, please... so Kimi and Massa weren't there either, does that mean they don't support Ferraris' case??, i honestly don't see the point in why Lewis and De La Rosa were there... butlike i said, i think is just a lot of people trying to look for any excuse to hate him
Date: September 14, 2007 08:56AM
Yes I should not have said that really I was just rather upset about the whole thing tbh.

But Alonso implied yesterday that he did not really care about Paris he just cared about winning Spa.
Date: September 14, 2007 09:08AM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
What I said is accurate. Hopefully there'll be some reports confirming that in English, as for now I only have them in Portuguese. Anyhow, I think Alonso did a very smart move by not going to Paris. He'll be ahead of Hamilton in terms of preparation for the weekend, and he has just got what he wanted, so I think the odds are on his side. Now it just remains to be seen, if Ferrari can bring up the fight to the McLaren dudes. I hope they can...I'd love to see Kimi winning a third consecutive race in Spa :)
Date: September 14, 2007 09:12AM
We should all find out later what the new stuff was and how it affected things and then next week we will know if mclaren will appeal.

I wonder if all their partners will stand by them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2007 10:02AM by marcl.
Date: September 14, 2007 09:56AM
Posted by: welshjim22
What a joke. 100m fine and no points. Other teams have been involved kin simialr cases remember Toyota. Not to mention its still not clear that the team actually had access to the information. Got to laugh at Ferrari press statement how they are happy the truth is out. Only in the Mclaren press conference they stated they can't yet commit to an appeal because they haven't been given the FIA (Ferrari International Assistance)report. So Ferrari have won the championship in the courts what a great way for the fans to see one of the best years for a long time finish. If Mclaren can be proved to have knowingly cheated then they shoulld be kicked out this year and maybe fined but not 100m. This could just give Ferrari the momentum and finances for next year when what we need is another open championship.

Helmet Courtesy of Dangerous.
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.0, ASUS P5N32-SLI E
896MB nVIDIA GeForce BFG 260GTX OC, 19"SONY SDM-HS95PR
4GB DDR2 800MHz
Date: September 14, 2007 10:06AM
Posted by: lukepm
to put the fine in context, Network Rail got fined £4 million for the Paddington rail crash in 1999 in which 31 people died.

Date: September 14, 2007 10:19AM
Posted by: Razorsedge
I think it's a good decision. The Championship was ruined for Mclaren anyway when this story first broke, they were first found guilty and then they tried to continue to protest their innocence.

The best news is the Drivers Championship remains untouched so we don't have Kimi or Massa being handed a title they just don't deserve this year. And we still get to enjoy Alonso trying to tame Hamilton.

Of course all McLaren fans (and a lot of others) are crying foul, but you can't please everyone. I can't wait to see the report tomorrow on what proof was presented, hopefully it is strong enough to silence most of the whining.

Date: September 14, 2007 10:22AM
Posted by: welshjim22
Good decision. You must be a Ferrari fan the facts haven't been released yet. Remember Ron Dennis stated last night it hadn't been prov3en that the Mclaren team had the information. Ferrari ruined the championship by treating staff so badly they stole information.

Helmet Courtesy of Dangerous.
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.0, ASUS P5N32-SLI E
896MB nVIDIA GeForce BFG 260GTX OC, 19"SONY SDM-HS95PR
4GB DDR2 800MHz
Date: September 14, 2007 10:41AM
Posted by: mikef1
marcl Wrote:
> Yes I should not have said that really I was just
> rather upset about the whole thing tbh.
>
> But Alonso implied yesterday that he did not
> really care about Paris he just cared about
> winning Spa.

Let's be honest here marc, you just can't stand Fernando!

It is the right decision in the end but the punishment remains hollow much like Schumacher's post '97 penalty.
In the end Ferrari are satisified so i hope we can have some decent racing in the last four races as this season has been tainted enough already.
Date: September 14, 2007 10:55AM
As a driver I think he is good, as a person u are right he is more selfish than even senna or ms were and moans even more than mansell lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2007 10:56AM by marcl.
Date: September 14, 2007 11:08AM
I don't think even Fernando can beat Nigel at whinging, Noige was always complaining even when he was winning. Plus he whinged with a brummie accent.
Date: September 14, 2007 11:10AM
Date: September 14, 2007 11:36AM
Posted by: tripleM
"However, due to the exceptional circumstances in which the FIA gave the team's drivers an immunity in return for providing evidence, there is no penalty in regard to drivers' points."

The drivers were granted immunity and there's nothing in the decision that suggests the team being cleared of all cheating allegations.

One the contrary:

"The WMSC will receive a full technical report on the 2008 McLaren car and will take a decision at its December 2007 meeting as to what sanction, if any, will be imposed on the team for the 2008 season."

And finally for a juicy rumor

[www.grandprix.com]

Date: September 14, 2007 11:38AM
If it were true alonso would not be in the car now.
Date: September 14, 2007 12:19PM
Posted by: HakkF1
This is just unbelievable,am speechless,ruining two championships for Mclaren,for something that is not proven,Well all knew that FIA were Ferrari pets,but never thought that they would like to destroy the whole team,this penality is meant to get Mclaren out of F1,and if Hamiltone wasn't there,the drivers points would have been screwd too,but the FIA were smarter than going there.

==============================
Date: September 14, 2007 12:35PM
mclaren could loose vodafone they will be making a desision after speaking to the team :(
Date: September 14, 2007 12:37PM
Posted by: Fourjays
The thing that annoys me about the decision, isn't that McLaren were found guilty, or that they were punished, but the apparent inconsistancy of the application of the rules.

Toyota did far worse in 2004 and got nothing. No doubt there are many other similar instances. Why haven't they been punished?

As Bernie mentioned at Italy - no-one would care if it was Spyker and Super Aguri. I doubt if we'd even hear about it, let alone a punishment.
Date: September 14, 2007 12:51PM
Agreed and agrieved.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy